Savers Employee Reviews for Sales Clerk

Found 37 reviews matching the search See all 2,143 reviews
Fun workplace
Sales Clerk (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 July 2019
It's the people that make this place worth coming to work. Management is great, so long as you show that you have the willingness to learn and the need to grow.
It can be a little hectic at times but it is also a really great place to make new friends and learn new things.
Overall I would highly recommend working here. Management treats employees well. I felt like part of a team here.
Pros
50% Discount, Flexibility
Salesclerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 April 2019
It's a good place to work for anyone interested in retail. They offer plenty of opportunities to advance your position. Like with any customer service job the the hardest part of the job is the customers. Also management will constantly ask for you to sign customers up for "club cards" which tends to be frustrating if you are not meeting the goal set by them. A typical workday is ensuring the floor is constantly tidy and shop able, interacting with customer and providing checkout, attending to the fitting rooms and whatever else the manager on duty asks of. The ONLY reason Savers is a company I've worked at for so long for is the people. I have made great connections with customers and co-workers alike.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Constant calls to come into work often
Friendly coworkers.
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON10 March 2019
Friendly environment that promotes personal growth as well as company growth. Management and coworkers always help each other improve in many ways whether it be training for a new position or something to make work more accessible.
Salesclerk (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 February 2019
Great place to work, everyone is very friendly.
You get to meet new people every day.

I love working with the full time ladies, they are always willing to help and answer any questions you have.

Management, always happy, greet you with a smile every single day. Very easy to talk to and to answer any question you may have.
Pros
friendly staff, monthly potluck's
Cons
staying after the store closes to clean the store
Good management, fun workplace, co-team members are fun to work with
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB17 February 2019
I had a productive working experience in this company. Managers were nice and considerate. I enjoyed customer service. I got recognized multiple times for excellent performance, and it boosted my self-confidence in doing my job as a sales clerk. I enjoyed working with my co-team members, as we all shared common interest in this field. Suspicious thieves sometimes were hard to deal, but I always let my managers handle them by bringing them to their attention once I recognize them coming in to the store.
Pros
Free lunch on occasions
Horrible.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON31 October 2018
The team was HORRIBLE. Every other month they were hiring new employees, and the new employees were getting trained by other new employees, so it was a mess, the team wasn't organized, nor did they know how to keep their at home issues AT HOME, they were always bringing it to work and putting it on other people, and always having a negative attitude and starting drama in the workplace that never got resolved. I was in high school at the time I started this job, and after the summer I was forced to quit because they were trying to get me to work during the school day, and after telling them countless times I can't work until I'm off school, they still scheduled me for morning shifts, so I was constantly calling and telling them I can't make it because of school, and I ended up getting in trouble because I used up all my sick days and kept calling in BECAUSE THEY KEPT SCHEDULING ME DURING THE SCHOOL DAY. I'm just happy I found a passion for fashion and retail, not for Value Village though.
Pros
Finding a passion for fashion and retail
Cons
Almost everything about savers.
Productive workplace
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 October 2018
Value Village offers a welcome to anyone willing to work regardless of color, ethnicity, religion or social class. It is a good place to learn work in the sales area and helps to know different cultures.
Complete training at the entrance to the company
Pros
easy access
Cons
high rotation
Excellent Workplace
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 October 2018
The co-workers are super friendly
The work environment is fun
Supervisors and managers are friendly and go out of their way to help you or the customers
productive atmosphere
Sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 August 2018
I have been working at savers company for a period of 2 weeks I liked the idea that the company is making profit by accepting donations on behalf of big brothers and then sell them .I think the company has a great approach to make use of donated items.
Pros
All the staff members treat everyone respectfully
Cons
working with unclean clothes
exciting and challenging job
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2018
taking care of clients and taking responsibilities as a caregiver , housekeeper is very sensitive in terms of safety, need to assure that i am providing an excellent service to satisfy first myself and to become really confident , these employment was great , i applied my knowledge and I learned something new everyday of serving them , all are great
Pros
very loving family
Fun place to work
Sales Clerk/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON28 September 2017
I started out as a part time sales clerk and quickly became a full time supervisor.
There's lots of room for advancement, and its a very fun place to work.
Pros
Free Lunches, Halloween season
Nice employees, interesting customers.
Salesclerk (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 August 2017
Customers can be nice, but are often very rude and neurotic, sometimes demanding that prices be reduced as a special just for them. There are a few customers that have to be observed by employees when they enter the store, as they are often caught trying to steal from the store, which takes away the employee's time to get other work finished.
Pros
Monthly birthday celebrations, christmas lunch
Cons
crazy people, insane customers
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2017
A typical day at Value Village you're either on cash, doing general recovery or in fitting room. we have our regular customers who are very nice you grow to love them then you have the rude ones. Management is awesome, they are very understanding when it comes to booking days off, being sick or when things pop up within the family. They try the best they can to help you out. Hours are very good. The best part of working at Value Village is you meet new people that potentially become your great friends and every moment there is enjoyable. There is not a day i wake up and decide im not going in.. only when im sick.
Pros
good hours, bonuses, people you meet
Cons
rude customers
Good working experienced
Salesclerk (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON8 August 2017
We, my boss and I prepared for the food we have to served for the day. starting from vegetables down to meat. I basically washed the vegetables and cut them and cook them.
I learned how to cook mainly Italian dish.
Pros
Free lunches, The owner is pretty nice and very considerate.
Cons
the location was far
survivng job
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 July 2017
I think it is a good opportunity to serve people from all walks of life. However, the working environment is not good. I mean the smell inside the store.
Pros
build customer service skills
Cons
minimum pay
good people
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB26 June 2017
I enjoyed working at value village it was a great place to work the people were great and the pay was decent. The reason that i left was because of no childcare
Liked the job
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC21 June 2017
It was hard. I have been in retail for so long that to me this was just a job. There was no where to go, no advancement. Just stuck in one position. So i had to go.
Best workplace
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON12 May 2017
Working at Value Village is the best experience for me they have a grate team member and you feel comfortable to work and the customers are very nice.
I enjoyed to work in a fast paced environment, and helping customers in need.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2017
The company helps a lot of people, and is currently giving charity on cancer research.

I love the work environment, however, i am only temporary in my position.
Pros
I have the freedom to choose my own schedule, and friendly enviromnent.
Cons
Low salary
An enjoyable enviornment
Seasonal sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON3 January 2017
Working at Value Village you will encounter a lot a people with different tastes in clothing, bed and bath, books and much more. Helping out customers and being able to approach them with confidence is what you will be able to accomplish at Value Village. The co workers are amazing and every one of them is ready to help you get to the next level to be better. No one is put down and respect is a major key.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Hard to keep up on tasks on a very busy day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers. Our community is ready to answer.