Savers Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 48 reviews matching the search See all 2,142 reviews
Soild hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 July 2019
The supervisers are fantasic and take your personal needs in to consideration. The company however is not a good company to work for, do not work for savers or value village. They rip of there customers and employees, we make barly any money for all the work we do.
Pros
Cons
everything
Just bad.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 June 2019
Wow. I don’t think I’ve ever been so annoyed with a job. Horrific management that doesn’t know what they’re doing. Was not properly trained, I wasn’t even given a locker or name tag until I had to ask for one. Then I was reported for “not following the dress code” when they would not give me even a vest to wear. I was hired to work in the Halloween department and that did not happen, instead I was thrown into the floor for my four hour shift to do nothing but fix clothing racks. The nail in the coffin was when I came in on a day off to shop only to be pulled aside away from my friend so that management could tell me that they thought they should terminate my employment with them due to “mouthing off at other employees” (which did not happen, they just didn’t like me questioning why they weren’t giving me training)

Frustrating, difficult to work with and they do not listen to their staff or like to answer questions.
Pros
Item discounts
Cons
Everything else.
I hated that job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 April 2019
Working at the value village in Oshawa was the worst job experience I have ever had. The environment was unfriendly, the managers were horrible and they don't care about the safety of their staff. I would not recommend anyone work there.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Long hours, always mesy, mean staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 December 2018
DId not appreciate well for the hard work I had put into this company, even though a lot of work was done on the computer, but the management could use some upgrade.
Pros
Free COffee
Cons
An alright place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 November 2018
I was simply working here because I needed a job, I didn't enjoy the work that I did very much and the hours were not very good either. It didn't seem like I was going anywhere.
Pros
More breaks than other workplaces
Cons
Bad hours
Fun staff and great memories.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 November 2018
A typical day at work involves going in and seeing what position I'm working today. Then according to the job I'm assigned to I go and get the things ready for it.
- If I'm on a cash register for the day I go and get the cash master and count the till before I start taking customers so me and my managers know how much I started with in case any moneys lost in the day. When customers come to cash out I handle their merchandise with care and pack it away in a bag for them. I handle money at least 70% of the time at work so you have to be efficient and smart with it. keeping you focus not only on the cash but the customers as well.
-If I'm out on the floor for the day then that usually means I'm "GR" which refers to as General Recovery, it's basically cleaning up the messy clothes, toys, bed sheets, and books that customers neglected throughout the day. I not only organize and make sure the stores in its tip top shape but I also help customers on the sales for as I'm the most accessible to them. My position for the day is very important because customers like to come into an organized, clean, welcoming store, no one wants to be tripping on clothes throughout the day. PS. this was my favorite part of the job because I LOVE organizing and cleaning.
- Lastly, the 3rd job I do frequently is Fitting Rooms. In fitting rooms I'm one of the last stops before cash out for them. I'm the make-it or break-it girl. The customers come to my section to try on the merchandise they've found during the day and to decide whether or not they should get it. I love helping them when they want
  more... it and giving a nice little comment in between when they're looking great! Everyone loves a good compliment. Another part of that section that is the main focus is the organizing of it. When customers don't want clothing anymore they give it to me. I organize it according to the layout of the store and then roll it out when it's full. Always making sure the most eye catching items are back out on the floor for the next person to grab.

This was my first job and I think it's taught me a lot of the basics of being a sales associate. I used to have really bad anxiety with talking to people but now it's one of the easiest things I can do. I've also become a lot better at managing my time. All my friends and family ask me to plan events and trips because I've become so good at it.

Everyone who works there is a great person. It's a friendly place and it doesn't stress you out much, unless it's a sale day. We're a team and I think the whole staff needs to work as a team to be able to move as smooth and efficient as possible.

Management here could be better. I think this is one of the main reasons I'm quitting. The team is lovely, the managers are kind and caring but it's very unorganized and unprofessional at times. Doctors notes lost, complications with team members swept under the rug and nothing done about it, no sense of superiority between sales associate and manager, I feel like there's no respect or professionalism between a lot of the team members here, as well as managers scheduling multiple team members days they're not available (I can't work 2 days out of the week due to classes I have all day).
Pros
great staff, 3 1/2 I get a 15min paid break and 5 I get a 30 lunch.
Cons
Scheduled on days I'm N/A, management is poor, unprofessional at times
Good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON2 October 2018
At the location I worked at everyone was friendly and helpful and still made the environment fun and welcoming, there’s a lot more to value village than ppl think
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 September 2018
very great place to work and it was not at all complicated. the workplace environment was diverse and it was very fast paced which I enjoyed very much.
value village
Sale Associate/ Miscel Sorter (Former Employee) –  190 Aurora Crescent, Kelowna, BC V1X 7M310 August 2018
the worst company i have ever worked for. no communication, poor management, it was like working in a sweat shop. i only stayed there for two years because it was close to where i lived at the time and i had made a few friends while working there.
Pros
amazing benefits
Cons
everything else
Fun and great learning opportunity
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 August 2018
I learned a lot in just the few months I worked, made great strong connections, the discounts are incredible and the people I worked with were really helpful and encouraging. Did a co-op here as well and I learned so much about myself and the company
Work hard for like no money
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON1 August 2018
You don't stop moving till your break if you are good at your job you get into trouble for not picking up others slack. lots of gossip and drama. Most managers don't care about your new ideas. accommodating to time off.
Pros
discount
Cons
hard work for little money, drama
Encouraged teamwork and was such a welcoming atmosphere.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 July 2018
Everyone was so nice and welcoming. The leaders of this company were very patient towards me. My coworkers were very friendly. This job gave me the opportunity to grow in various aspects: such as in confidence and experience.
Management and staff are wonderful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 June 2018
Job requires all day standing, bending and occasional lifting heavy boxes or bags. Attending fitting rooms, floor "clean up" and cashier duties are all part of the job. Management and staff are really friendly. Hours are flexible.
decent job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2017
Nice people, managers expected to much from employees though expected us to work past time we were scheduled to finish without pay, also do other peoples job when they werent there
Coworkers were fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 September 2017
I have met some of the nicest people at Value Village, but the company doesn't seem to know where it wants to go. Customers were rude and entitled just because it's second hand, they think they should pay practically nothing for it. It's a business, stop begging for discounts. It became a toxic environment.
Pros
Friendly team members
Cons
customer emtitlement
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2017
It was an alright job, only worked during halloween season but it was still a great experience. I enjoyed always being busy it made the time go by a lot quicker.
Fun and Friendly Co-Workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 May 2017
Value Village was a great place to begin working in retail, and gain experience. The fellow coworkers were a lot of fun to be around, and made it a great environment.
Productive and adaptive workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 May 2017
Management and team members are very easy to get along with. Everyone is very accepting which makes it easy to adapt to the workplace environment. Flexible hours.
Expected Too Much
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 April 2017
This is a place filled with great people but the managers expect too much from one person. They need to rethink their business decisions and work better as a team. The cashiers and sales people are great, very welcoming and nice but the whole business is a flop
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long hours, too much work for one person, no teamwork
Enjoy working with my co-workers and giving the best customer service to our customers.
P/T Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 March 2017
I love working in our store. I get to know a lot of people and most of our customer knows me. I like the management too and how they have flexible hours suited for a student like me. They are approachable and easy to work with.