Savers Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 35 reviews matching the search See all 2,188 reviews
trash
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON23 August 2019
career i would reccomend to avoid this employer. Great people to work with and 50% off merchandise and free pizza on sale days and free christmas meals. Aside from all that they treat the employees like slaves, give lackluster and leave stores untidy and constant complaints from customers. VERY HIGH TURN OVER RATE!!
Cons
lack of hours
Challenging
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 January 2019
Could be difficult to achieve all the goals set by management, there was little to no communication between ops and production, turnover was unbelievable
Motivating
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 August 2018
Friendly atmosphere and creative people, they help you a lot while your training and are very patient to you, give you all the required tools so that you are successful in your training.
team lead in production
Customer service/production team member (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK5 June 2018
Not a bad place to work, people are fairly friendly with a fast paced environment. Opportunities for advancement with bonuses and sometimes exciting contests to keep morale up. Halloween is the best time to work here.
Pros
fun staff
Cons
cramped work environments
Very good place for a first time job in the city
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 January 2018
Had a good time working here, the people were nice and the management team was friendly.
Caring people and treat you like family.
A bit dusty and kind of dirty a lot of the time working downstairs but was a good job.
Pros
they bought pizza about once a month, had a good coffee and hot chocolate machine for the workers.
Cons
not high enough pay
Not a good place at all
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 November 2017
Your only there to make management look good, you mean nothing to the company and your opinion means even less then that.
They hold you back so that you can't move up in the company and put down any and all work that you do. It has been the most unhappiest place I've ever been employed
Pros
Meet lots of different people
Cons
Bad management, hours that stop you from having any type of personal life
nice
Customer service/Retail (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 November 2017
Working with this company was very benifical in advancing my mathematics and enlgish, honestly cant say a better company than this one right here yes l
Customer service (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 September 2017
Learn many different aspects of the job.
Physically demanding
Friendly atmosphere
Always something new
Management helpful
incentives
lunches provided on special occasions
Management was not respectful of student employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 April 2017
The management at Value Village were not receptive to the fact that employees, especially student employees, had other demands on their time. Employees were expected to live and breathe the company, even when they were part-time and minimum wage. Frequently yearly reviews were put off many months in order to avoid having to give an employee a raise.
Pros
Discount on products
different things to see
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 April 2017
You see tons of different things coming out on the floor everyday, and get to work cash, or on the line bringing the clothes out onto the sales floor!
Pros
friendly customers
Cons
working with used clothing.
few
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  ancaster14 April 2017
funny team work environment and enjoyable place you ever experience everyone is welcoming and acceptable place a place you can call your second home to work
I enjoyed working with people
Customer Service - Soft Good (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 April 2017
I really enjoyed working with people with different backgrounds, I helped customers, also I worked with great team. I learned a lot at Value Village Store.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
It's like any part-time job a beginner can have,it's a bit difficult at the start but once you get a hang of it it can be good. The most hardest part of the job is the people you meet everyday. i am a salesperson and you meet a lot of people with different culture and personality, so you really have to be careful how to deal with them, i find this hard but i also find i most enjoyable.
Was fun to work at.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 January 2017
the team members were a fun bunch to work with. Everyone treats you well, very friendly. I enjoyed my time there, and enjoyed helping people find what they were looking for.
Fun place to work and the discounts are awesome!!
sales and customer service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2016
The best part of working at Savers/Value Village is the discounts, your co-workers and the people that come in almost all the time who you get to know on a first name basis. You are making a huge difference in the community and environment.
Pros
Free lunches on sales days!!
Cons
Can be long hrs and days.
Productive and Fun environment
Production Assoc. & Operations CSR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 September 2016
Meet all kinds of people, from diverse backgrounds. Learned new ways to manage time and increase productivity. Most co-workers were good to work with, except some of the new hires that were new to the country. The hardest part of working there was the language barriers put up by some of the new immigrants, which tended to cause conflict with the rest of the crew. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people(customers and co-workers alike), and HALLOWEEN season! It is like having full access to Mr. Dressups Tickle Trunk! Not to mention the great treasures to be found!
Pros
Group activities: Monthly potluck or free lunches, and games to keep co-workers involved with the team.
Cons
Repeatative work at times. Dust and poor ventilation.
Fast-paced, diverse tasks.
Customer service, Processing (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC20 July 2016
Typical day at work:
Depended on what department I was working in. Could range from maintaining floor cleanliness, covering supervisor breaks and customer service to processing donated materials and recycling/discarding those that could not be sold in the store. As a more senior member, I was given the opportunity to work in most departments.

Management was of varying skill levels. Overall, they were usually efficient enough to maintain store order, but wouldn't necessarily ask for the same work out of everyone. The store manager was blunt, but efficient. Never had any issues with him. During my last six months at the store, there were a shortage of supervisors, so on weekends, I would end up helping them out given I was their most senior cashier on those days.

Co-workers were nice overall.

Hardest part of the job were days when short-staffing would occur, and higher expectations were placed on more senior members such as I to pull more than our own weight while others did little.

Most enjoyable part of the job was pricing donated goods myself and so being able to immediately notice my impact on store income, and minor opportunities to run the floor or to help run it.
Pros
Diverse tasks, built a great work ethic.
Cons
Differing treatment of employees, short-staffing, very high staff turnover
Ordinary place to work for but for a good cause
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK26 June 2016
Customer service experience indeed at value village was nice I made friends there all over company cause is nice as they help Canadian diabetes association .
It was a nice short experience but too much physical work which can make your body tired.
Pros
Free food on sale day
Cons
schedule is not flexible
hard work and underpaid
customer service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2016
its hard work your underpaid and no one cares about you. i hated working for the company. i loved the work but always hearing your not meeting the goals all the time and if your group keeps it up you will be fired was not fun. if you missed the goal by 1 or 500 you got told that weekly. I was the only one on my side meeting my goal as i printed my own tags and could see what i was doing every day. I still got this speech.
Love working with the public
Customer service specialist/cashier (Current Employee) –  Aurora Drive, Rutland, BC20 April 2016
the greatest source of satisfaction for me is helping people with requests and improving their day by getting them to laugh or at least smile as a result of dealing with me.

I had people who wait in line to come through my till rather than go through another one quicker.
Pros
Contact with publis and service to public
Cons
Chaos at the fitting rooms - not enough standards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers. Our community is ready to answer.