Savers Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 82 reviews matching the search See all 2,189 reviews
terrible place , management is corrupt
Production support, CDC Attendant, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 August 2019
they don't care about their employees , all they care about is your numbers profit margin . I had supervisors yell at me or a group of employees for not reaching targets on a weekly basis yo the point they made some employees cry. My last straw for leaving there was when one morning i was really sick and i called in to let them know i couldn't make it , the supervisor that answered the phone told me that if i didn't come in i would be suspend. I put my 2 week notice in the next day.

Saint John NB store
Cool place to work
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON21 May 2019
great discounts and a lot of interesting merchandise that we get to see and maybe purchase. Managers are great, always makes sure that staff is doing what is to be done.
Decent place to work inconstant hrs
Cashier/CDC Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 May 2019
Worked here for 2 years was a great place great people hrs were not consistent so you could never budget properly as well as allways hiring people when it was not needed
Pros
People, Mangers
Cons
Lack of hrs, long shifts
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON4 April 2019
It was a great work environment. I enjoyed my time there and some people i worked with. It was very fast moving which I liked to keep busy with and asked people in other departments if i could help them.
Flexible work-life balance and a great management team
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC8 March 2019
A day would start at the cash register, need to count the till to make sure the correct amount of cash is present. I learned how to work in a team and how to deal with angered customers in a polite and professional manner. The management is the best one I have ever worked for. They are always there to support every employee and treat everyone with equal respect.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Filthy work environment
Pretty standard part time work
Cashier/Store Maintenance/CDC (Former Employee) –  St. Jacobs, ON20 January 2019
This job is a very standard retail job. Hanging clothing,working the fitting rooms and putting back smaller objects. You can also accept on site donations which can be very hard work in summer less in winter
great place to get experience. fun team members that helps you succeed
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rexdale, ON3 January 2019
i think that this place is a good place to work especially people without work experience. Helpful and friendly team members. the only bad thing is that customers are sometimes disrespectful and the work is a little bit heavy for minimum wage.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
disrespectful customers
Multi tasking at its highest
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC2 December 2018
Very fast paced place to work. Not a lot of appreciation for the work you do.
I have heard management changed recently, so perhaps the negative environment has changed too, maybe give it a chance now.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Hard to get a day off if you are sick
good place with lots of oportunity
Cashier/Donation attendant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC12 November 2018
great company and great people at the store i worked with. there are so many different areas to work in with these stores so there is something for everyone as well as tons of areas for advacement. pay was fair and management was always professional.
Friendly team members, good working environment
Operations Team Member and Designated Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 November 2018
Typical retail position. Selected operations team members are extremely friendly, often diverse, and delightful to work with for the vast majority of the time.
Pros
Flexible hours, competitive rates, paid vacation
Cons
I don’t know it’s retail
Enjoyable
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2018
Company wasn't bad to work for, lots of benefits and perks to working there. Employee discounts, as well as occasional sale bonuses throughout the year and pleasant co workers.
productive and fun
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  50 gateway park11 September 2018
Management was understanding and was there to help. it was a fun place to work and had special days for free food and other fun activities. it was a great place for a first job.
Awesome coworkers, not so great management
Donation Attendant and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON24 July 2018
Typical day at Value Villages always kept me on my toes, things to do and fun conversations to have with customers and coworkers. Decent hours and free lunches every few weeks. Some management did their job well, but a few were always out to nit pick at workers, and come down hard on them. One of the supervisors was also very two faced and hard to work with. If management improved, things would have been okay.
Pros
Free lunches, fun work, great coworkers, hours
Cons
Do a lot for canadian diabetes
Production/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 May 2018
I ran my own book dept...A typical day at work for me would be sort large carts of books, into categories (fiction, non-fiction etc) price them, roll them out to sales floor and put them on the shelves. log it on books tally sheet. I would cover on cash when needed. I would do exchanges, visa, mastercard and debit payments.. I also would help in housewares dept sorting product to go out to the sales floor, and would help in the soft dept sorting clothing, tagging and rolling racks.
A rare experience that will leave you feeling great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2018
The people in both management and co-workers are great to work with and dealing with the customers can have its challenges though they are still nice to interact with.
Ti e for a change.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC24 January 2018
Enjoy the friendly staff, but minimum wage doesn't pay the bills. Its hard work; The hours aren't consistent, nor are the shifts. Very challenging to try and live off and can't plan other activities around either. Moving on.....
Poor work environment with little room to expand
Cashier & CDC Donations Center worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 January 2018
My time at Value Village was met with a poor work environment and little room to expand. I found there to be little support for employees and no benefits. This organization also refuses to give references.
Nice people
cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 January 2018
The staff members were awesome to work with. The customs always brighten up my day when I see that they have a smile on their faces. I also enjoyed helping customers find items.
Decent place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 January 2018
It was a good place to work for the most part. Some Management were amazing, others not so much. Communication wasn't very good between management. Thus not great for staff. Fun environment to work in for the most part
Fun work place!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 December 2017
A typical shift consists of racking and rolling racks of clothes, cleaning fitting rooms, general recovery (GR) and customer service. You don’t really stop unless you’re on a break. Sale days are tough because it’s so busy but you get used to it!
Pros
Kind coworkers
Cons
The managers pick favourites and they don’t listen to what you have to say

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers. Our community is ready to answer.