Savers Employee Reviews in Brampton, ON

2.9Job Security & Advancement
Found 14 reviews matching the search See all 2,143 reviews
Not enjoyable
DONATION ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2019
Often over worked many staff members to save money, instead of scheduling more members to work. Many of my coworkers were unhappy coming to work every day, as was I.
it was okay
CDC ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 May 2018
it was an okay place to work at. The managers are quite nice sometimes. You definitely can find a warehouse job that is easier than this if you really wanted to.
Do a lot for canadian diabetes
Production/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 May 2018
I ran my own book dept...A typical day at work for me would be sort large carts of books, into categories (fiction, non-fiction etc) price them, roll them out to sales floor and put them on the shelves. log it on books tally sheet. I would cover on cash when needed. I would do exchanges, visa, mastercard and debit payments.. I also would help in housewares dept sorting product to go out to the sales floor, and would help in the soft dept sorting clothing, tagging and rolling racks.
awesome workplace
CDC Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2018
The whole team was a family, worked great together. This had been my first retail job therefore, it had taught me amazing customer service skills. The best part about being a CDC would be, talking to the donators. I loved hearing their stories about where their items came from.
Part time donation attendant
DONATION ATTENDANT (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 September 2017
Disorganized, clothing and other items were always lying on the floor making it messy and hard to walk around without stepping on something. Also some staff was friendly some wasn't. Sometimes i didnt get a break or a lunch until right before my shift ends
Great workplace
Floor team member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 February 2017
Value Village was a great first job experience, I learned how to do deal with customers, operate the cash register and also how to manage the store when it's busy. The staff always worked well with each other.
Pros
Discount on clothing
Good people
Light Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 November 2016
Typical day involves warehouse activities. My c-workers are friendly and hard working.The hardest part of my job is the physical demands. The most enjoyable part of my job is customer interactions.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Physical demands
productive and fun experience in the workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 September 2016
i enjoyed working at value village and i was thankful to gain retail and customer service experience. my coworkers were really geneourus and the staff were friendly.
Pros
great staff
Cons
less hours
fun environment to work in, always feel welcome in my place of work
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 August 2016
while at value village I learned how to get along with co-workers along with building a tolerance towards all customers. The management team was always very understanding when it came to there employees. The hardest part of the job was always the fitting rooms considering it was always busy due to the high amount of customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is always the team meetings. Its always great to spend time with the people you work with being able to create a bond with one another
Pros
discounts on store merchandise
Cons
short hours
Fun team environment with great benefits
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 July 2016
My co-workers and meeting interesting and fun customers were the best part of my job.
My day typically consisted of maintaining the store appearance, organizing, hanging, and cashier work.
Pros
Discounted store items
Up and Downs
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 February 2015
Just like any other day at work it has its up and down's, also you're real fast/busy and then there's the empty days with any of the ways were 100 percent enjoyable.
best thing I learn from this job would have to be my communication skills, to have more encouragement, to earn customers Honesty, Faith, and Trust cause not having that then I wouldn't be working in the right place. My Co-Wokers and Management team was the best every Fun, Caring and Open Minded. The only thing that I would have to say was the hardest part of my job working
there was for my to Smile and the easiest and enjoyable part is working with the best team of co-workers and meeting alot of new people
Pros
Long Hours that were enjoyable
Cons
Lunches that weren't given when needed
Some of the employees are nice to work with
OSD attendant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 October 2013
The work is very slow at times but I will always usually find something to work on.
Very flexible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 December 2012
- works around your time
- can be very difficult
- sometime stressful
Pros
workload
Cons
co workers