Savers Employee Reviews

Found 696 reviews matching the search See all 2,060 reviews
productive and fun workplace with table tenis
Team Member (Customer Care Provider) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 September 2018
i acquired more patience . the management is super supportive and friendly. the most enjoyable part of the job is when you finish a call with a happy customer.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Free coffee in the break room
OPERATIONS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS16 September 2018
The supervisors and coworkers are very helpful in answering any questions during training as well as helping with personal struggles that may affect work ethic.

The hardest part of the job was standing for long hours.
The most enjoyable part was how easy it was to learn where things went in the store. (clothing, miscellaneous items, etc.)
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Standing for long hours
Fun and laid back place to work
Cashier / Shelf Stocking (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 September 2018
My savers experience was delightful. I have made many friends, some that I am still friends with even now that I haven't been employed with Savers. The management was very well organized and most of the management were understanding when you needed to talk. However, it was hard work, the hours were long and the pay cheque's were not that rewarding for the amount of hard work done.
Pros
A lot of free lunches
Cons
Strict rules
Enjoyable
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2018
Company wasn't bad to work for, lots of benefits and perks to working there. Employee discounts, as well as occasional sale bonuses throughout the year and pleasant co workers.
productive and fun
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  50 gateway park11 September 2018
Management was understanding and was there to help. it was a fun place to work and had special days for free food and other fun activities. it was a great place for a first job.
A positive work environment, Management could be better
CDC Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON9 September 2018
a typical day at work included taking donations from community donors and sorting "Hard" and "Soft"carts to be weighed and labelled, once the donation centre slows down we are sent to the sales floor where we clean and organize racks,shelves and anything that looks out of place, I learned how to work in a fast paced work environment and picked up some speech skills from talking to customers on a daily basis. Management could try and be a little more understanding with the work load that we have to deal with.
Pros
discounts in store
Cons
Management is very demanding and rude at times
sales associate
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB9 September 2018
a typical day includes stocking new items and cleaning the already placed stock. Also being on cash is part of the day as well. I really enjoy all of the people I work with, they make it much more enjoyable
Tim Hortons
Value Village (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC5 September 2018
Always busy and keeping busy. I have learned alot of patience with my customer service experiences, and learning how to deal and cope with angry customers on a daily basis. I love working hard.
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
Difficult co-workers
Great group of employess
Production Staff (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE21 August 2018
the staff i worked wither here were amazing, the only complaint i could have is the dust and allergens, as well as the work and life balance as some days we were required to work weekends even though upon hire it was stated to be a mon-friday day shift.

however the management team as well as the employees were a great crew to work for and with and it has a family friendly crew and you always felt like your fellow employees become family.
An okay job, if you need one
Recycler (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC18 August 2018
A typical day at work was very high-stress physical labour, with very little time to work on any one project. We were required to rush and multi-task quite frequently

I learned how to operate a forklift

Management was disorderly and had little to no preparation in a few circumstances.

The workplace culture was fast paced and high stress.

It was very labour intensive and there were very few people doing the many jobs they were directed to.

I really liked the people I worked with.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
The job itself
productive atmosphere
Sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 August 2018
I have been working at savers company for a period of 2 weeks I liked the idea that the company is making profit by accepting donations on behalf of big brothers and then sell them .I think the company has a great approach to make use of donated items.
Pros
All the staff members treat everyone respectfully
Cons
working with unclean clothes
value village
Sale Associate/ Miscel Sorter (Former Employee) –  190 Aurora Crescent, Kelowna, BC V1X 7M310 August 2018
the worst company i have ever worked for. no communication, poor management, it was like working in a sweat shop. i only stayed there for two years because it was close to where i lived at the time and i had made a few friends while working there.
Pros
amazing benefits
Cons
everything else
Motivating
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 August 2018
Friendly atmosphere and creative people, they help you a lot while your training and are very patient to you, give you all the required tools so that you are successful in your training.
Fun and great learning opportunity
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 August 2018
I learned a lot in just the few months I worked, made great strong connections, the discounts are incredible and the people I worked with were really helpful and encouraging. Did a co-op here as well and I learned so much about myself and the company
Don't work here
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 August 2018
No matter how hard you work, you get no recognition and just pushed more. Management likes to just stand around and not help at all. Instead of hiring more people, they want to make someone do 2-4 jobs a day because that works. Everyone is two-faced and total gossipers. I highly suggest to never work here.
Great Co workers
Grader, Tag/Racker, Roller (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 August 2018
I loved the family like team while working with Savers
They always had my back. Supervisors always tried to encourage us and stood up for us as needed.
Work hard for like no money
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON1 August 2018
You don't stop moving till your break if you are good at your job you get into trouble for not picking up others slack. lots of gossip and drama. Most managers don't care about your new ideas. accommodating to time off.
Pros
discount
Cons
hard work for little money, drama
productive
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 July 2018
love the people I work with enjoy how they are like family. Enjoy working Monday to Friday and no weekends Have made many friends that will last a lfe time
great work experience
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON27 July 2018
the hardest part of the job was it being repetitive and disorganized, the most enjoyable part of the job would be the customer service experience I gained while working there
It's a job
Customer Care / Operations / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON27 July 2018
Cleaning the public bathrooms was not explained during the hiring and training process. This is the hardest part of the job for me. As main cashier, other tasks include fitting room maintenance, loss prevention, cleaning and customer care. Most of the managers are good to work with, but all it takes is one bully to wreck your day. The workplace culture expects always available at their convenience, 7 days a week. The schedule comes out the Wednesday before next weeks shifts. It's difficult because the schedule always changes. The workload is not reasonable and the expectations are too much. I really enjoy working on senior's day because it is my generation and we understand each other and joke about ourselves.
Pros
I have a job
Cons
Working as hard as you can, without achieving completion and a job well done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers. Our community is ready to answer.