Savers Employee Reviews

Found 761 reviews matching the search See all 2,245 reviews
Not enjoyable
DONATION ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2019
Often over worked many staff members to save money, instead of scheduling more members to work. Many of my coworkers were unhappy coming to work every day, as was I.
Treated like Robots
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Westbank, BC13 March 2019
- Management only cared about making quota and not about how health.

- Moldy conditions with no proper PPE.

- No room for improvement unless you suck up to the supervisors.
Pros
Co-workers were nice
Friendly coworkers.
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON10 March 2019
Friendly environment that promotes personal growth as well as company growth. Management and coworkers always help each other improve in many ways whether it be training for a new position or something to make work more accessible.
Flexible work-life balance and a great management team
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC8 March 2019
A day would start at the cash register, need to count the till to make sure the correct amount of cash is present. I learned how to work in a team and how to deal with angered customers in a polite and professional manner. The management is the best one I have ever worked for. They are always there to support every employee and treat everyone with equal respect.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Filthy work environment
Physical and Mentally exhausting
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON27 February 2019
Typically we are to clean to the building before the store opens, keeping it clean. I learned that it is important to follow the rules of the store to keep a healthy routine running. The management, in my opinion, was quite forceful and wouldn't demonstrate needs and if done wrong, scold us for not doing it properly.
The hardest part of the job was watching others work really hard and not get any reward for it. In fact, would get insulted for not working hard enough.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when we were at lunch and having a conversation with each other.
Pros
2 Breaks 1 lunch
Cons
Management doesn't care about your well-being
Salesclerk (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 February 2019
Great place to work, everyone is very friendly.
You get to meet new people every day.

I love working with the full time ladies, they are always willing to help and answer any questions you have.

Management, always happy, greet you with a smile every single day. Very easy to talk to and to answer any question you may have.
Pros
friendly staff, monthly potluck's
Cons
staying after the store closes to clean the store
fun, low expectations
Operations team member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 February 2019
good people to work with, salaries are not high not even in management. the work culture is fun and employees tend to be close. hardest part of the job is the customers
Fast paced and productive work environment
CDC Recycler (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 February 2019
Typical day at work included unloading savers trucks full of clothes and miscellaneous items onto carts, bailing clothing and loading skids of bails into trucks. Also, made sure the back room was fully stocked with everything needed.
Interesting Business
Regional Loss Prevention (LP) Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario21 February 2019
Bad company culture, not good at listening to what their associates want or need to complete tasks. Many departments run by folks in the US whom do not understand that everything American does not always work outside of the US.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Bad bosses
fulfilling job
COMMUNITY DONATIONS CENTRE AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB20 February 2019
As the community donations centre ambassador your job is to receive donations at the donations centre. It's an interesting job and you meet tons of new interesting people.
Good job fun yes
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2019
A Progressive Modern Company which strives to adapt and lead in the Data field across many applications now and for the future. High expectations of fwew yes
Good management, fun workplace, co-team members are fun to work with
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB17 February 2019
I had a productive working experience in this company. Managers were nice and considerate. I enjoyed customer service. I got recognized multiple times for excellent performance, and it boosted my self-confidence in doing my job as a sales clerk. I enjoyed working with my co-team members, as we all shared common interest in this field. Suspicious thieves sometimes were hard to deal, but I always let my managers handle them by bringing them to their attention once I recognize them coming in to the store.
Pros
Free lunch on occasions
Not an amazing work place...
CDC Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 February 2019
At value village you work long flexible hours even when you tell them you can't. Management is bad with no answers to any questions but "figure it out".
Pros
Lots of money on pay day, work associates
Cons
management, terrible hours, no answers?!?
Good
Front End Supervisor/Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 February 2019
Challenging and always learning new things.
Lots of growth opportunity.
Fun days.
Eco friendly.
Busy days.
Cross training.
Learn lots of new skills.
Great community connections.
good
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON11 February 2019
i learned a lot about customer service also charity work also i helped a lot of people get what their looking for also i got good retail experience i love it
Fun somedays, A nightmare other days
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2019
VV will hire just about anyone so if you're really looking for a job value village is a good place to start. I had a really good manager (at times) at my store but last year we had a few changes and received a new manager who loves to cut corners a lot, even to the point of breaking their own safety rules. I left because things were just going downhill, no passion from supervisors and management, pretty bad working conditions at times and little to no hours. We used to hold events such as free lunch, BBQ, and activities for all the coworkers just to name a few but those were non existent with the new manager.

There a lot more I can say but I'll just keep it short.

The coworkers were amazing, they were the main reason I kept pushing on and staying.

Management now is terrible, same with the supervisors minus a select few (this may vary from location to location)

they used to have a great coverage but now its completely different and not really that useful unless you decide to spend the rest of your life there
Pros
free lunch, Flexable, Nice Coworkers, Flexible break times (only as production)
Cons
Poor management, Poor supervisors, questionable work conditions(depends on area), May overwork you without even realizing it
It was a fun place to work, and it helped me developed great skills
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 February 2019
Working here really helped me to further develop my leadership and interpersonal skills. Management could have been better, but to my knowledge it has gotten better since I left! Overall, it was a very fun place to work and I would recommend it!
Avoid the Peterborough location
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON6 February 2019
Value Village Peterborough management was horrible. Management is on you constantly about your speed, and usually doesn't care if you work your hardest, it's never good enough for them.
Pros
Multiple departments to be trained in
Challenging
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 January 2019
Could be difficult to achieve all the goals set by management, there was little to no communication between ops and production, turnover was unbelievable
Its a fun place to work.
Production/ Hard Goods (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 January 2019
I worked for Value Village for over ten years and I miss my family. My store closed and i didnt want to transfer to another, instead I settled. I would like to work here again.
Pros
sometimes free lunches.
Cons
overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers. Our community is ready to answer.