Savers Value Village Employee Reviews

Great place and great people— insanely high standards
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 May 2019
While this is a great company to work for that has amazing benefits and values, I was unfortunately suddenly let go after two months because I couldn’t meet the processing standards that they expected. I believe this was because of the short amount of time I was given, and the fact that I was trained wrong in my position at the start. The processing targets are very high, multiple workers there have told me that even they don’t meet them on the daily after 2+ years of experience there.

Even though I had an unsavoury experience, Value Village is a great company, just a little rough around the edges when it comes to flexibility around their daily processing targets.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
High standards
10/10 Job Environment!
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 January 2019
Every day I look forward to going to work! This has been one of the only jobs where I have been exceedingly excited to see the staff and customers at Value Village. The managers at the Pembina location are extremely polite, and handle every situation with maturity and professionalism. The staff is fun to work with, and makes sure customers feel welcomed at all times! The company is very understanding when days have to booked off, or when a shift is cancelled last minute. An overall great environment!
Pros
Understanding staff and management
Cons
Few rude customers (very rare)
It was a really great experience working at Value Village
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 February 2014
I'd come into work and find out what my duty of the day was. Sometimes I'd be head cashier, other days I'd be in charge of changing rooms, and some days I'd be in charge of cleaning and organizing clothes.