Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews

hard work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire18 May 2018
Manger is a tyrant she is always on your back and will shout at you if she is not happy with your work, if she dos not like you she will find a way to get rid of you
Pros
Cons
manager

Hi There,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback.

We are sorry you have experienced issues with upper management in your store and if you wish to discuss it further please contact the People Team in Head Office.

Productive environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 May 2018
If your someone who likes to be kept busy this is the place you want to be in, you're never waiting on customers from the moment the doors open till they close there is a constant flow of customers, you are constantly working, time goes quick and its a productive shift......

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

We are glad that you are enjoying your career with us.

We would like to wish you every success with Savers!.

Awful place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wales14 May 2018
Worked with savers for 2 years, and easily the worse place I've ever worked. Managers who aren't interested in working, stupid daily targets that were impossible to reach when managers couldn't be bothered, which didn't motivate staff. impossible to get time off without being made to feel guilty, or made to work 8/9 shifts in a row! You'll always be made to work every Sunday and every 6am delivery! Management forever having time off tho, when the shop is at peak business! Advice? don't apply for a job with savers.

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good time with us.

If you wish to discuss this please contact the People Team at Head Office.

Savers

Expect long hours and no reward
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, Oxfordshire14 May 2018
Expect to have to smash your limited amount of staff into working on goodwill, a barebones store can leave just a manager and one employee so expect to leave them on a till whilst your literally doing everything else. Oh, and delivery days seem to be never ending out of hours because everything is dumped on shop floor overnight and you have to clear it before opening.
Pros
I actually can't think of one
Cons
Low Morale, minimum wage maximum efficiency

Thank you for leaving us this feedback.

We are very sorry to hear that you had issue's with staffing and general morale in the store.

If you would like to discuss it further please contact the People Team in Head Office.

productive,fun,rewarding
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea11 May 2018
A bright friendly environment to work, i have achieved so much and gained so many skills to enable me to continue to build and nuture my career goals, the work place is pleasant, bright and welcoming, the job is physical and demanding but very rewarding and satisfying I enjoy all aspects of the role and continous challenges it brings!
Pros
benefits, job satisfactiopn, progression
Cons
Busy envroment, long hours

Hi There,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback!

We are pleased to hear you are enjoying your time with us and wish you the best of luck for the future.

Not for everyone
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Armley9 May 2018
I started as a four hour sales assistant in 2012 and have had the opportunity and skill to be promoted in my orginal store twice. Then recently the end of 2016 given the chance to run my own store with a different team which is just under a hours drive from home which is its own challenge to always be motivated when theres a long delovery day ahead but it was my choice.
There is alot of support in the area that I am apart of and no-one is set up or left to fail. I have been apart of the Empower course which is one of many that the company offers to develop and grow and it helped me personally and I would recommend anyone who has the chance to go on any and all courses. There is sometimes the opportunity to help complete a new store, or a refresh (where we update an olde store with new equipment and a fresher look). Which a different and exicting experience.
The job is full of challenges and is hard some days but the staff are great to work with and makes the days easier and fun. No two days are the same from simple working stock and serving customers, completing paperwork and training; right to having deliveries cancelled and changing the whole week and staff around as things can change at a drop of a hat thats out of the companys control. Overall we are expected to complete alot of tasks and high standards to be kept it is hard but worth it.
Pros
Pay, Environment, Appreciation, Chance to develop
Cons
Long days.

Hi There,

Thank you for taking time to leave us feedback!

We are glad that you have enjoyed your career so far with Savers and that it has given you lots of opportunities and challenges with a variety of new skills and training.

The days can be long sometimes as that is the nature of our business.

We wish you every success in your career!

Many thanks

Nice place too work
Supervisour (Current Employee) –  Washington3 May 2018
Starting at savers so far the process was smooth quick and effective, recruitment process was good and so far I'm learning loads of new skills along the way looking forward too working further with the company. Savers really gets too know there employees I like that alot.
Pros
Friendly team in store

Thanks for leaving us this feedback.

We are glad that you enjoyed the recruitment process and are pleased to hear that you are settling into your new family and gaining new skills.

Good retailer
Shop manager (Current Employee) –  Scotland3 May 2018
Good employee benefits and discounts
Good bonus scheme
Room for internal progression
Good job security in the retail market
Good company incentives

Hi There,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are glad that you are enjoying your time with us, and taking advantage of our excellent discounts and benefits package.

A decent job to have
Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Woolwich3 May 2018
The Job itself was good but staff safety was poor but the store teams are amazing people to be around and was a pleasure to have had the opportunity to work with them
Pros
Bonus and weekly competions
Cons
Upside down working hours

Thanks for leaving us this feedback.

We are pleased to hear that you got along with your store family.

With regards to the safety issues, please contact The People Team at Head Office.

tedious
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Daventry2 May 2018
management werent willing to allow me to work around college and told me to quit college instead so i could work more. was forced to work deliveries at 5am before going to college doing a sports course exhausted from working already and making me late 4 days a week out of 5
Pros
Cons
being there

Thank you for leaving us this feedback.

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us - if there is anything you wish to discuss further please contact our People Team in head office.

Savers

Want to know more about Savers Health and Beauty?

Ask a question
Terrible
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  East Sussex29 April 2018
A company full of cliques. If you are not part of them you will not advance. Ridiculous targets for up upselling. No appreciation for anything you do
Pros
Cons
Expected to change hours with no notice.

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback.

We are sorry that you didn't enjoy your time with us. We do set targets for all member of staff for active selling at the till to ensure our customers have the best possible experience with us.

If there is anything you wish to raise - please contact the People Team in Head Office.

Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, Suffolk28 April 2018
A good place to work despite not having steady hours, friendly staff and work environment for the most part, good holiday opportunities and in store training

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this feedback. It's good to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career!

Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire16 April 2018
Lots to keep busy with. Hard work lots of stock to keep on top of. Quite physical at times, when moving products from the stock room to the shop floor
24 April 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback!

Because of our great prices, our stores are often very busy! We wish you the best of luck in your career.

Not there for long
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Runcorn10 April 2018
I was only 18 when I took the job as I was still in college.
I did like it for a while but as payday rolled around everyone else got paid apart from myself so I waited 4 weeks.
Some of the staff were nice others were not as helpful.
Pros
Good Work Place
Cons
Not a friendly welcome place

Hi There,

Thank you for taking this time to leave us this feedback. If you want to discuss anything please contact the People Team in Head Office.

Savers

Boring, weird shift patterns, double standard and unfair.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Annan5 April 2018
Management treats you unfairly yet expects so much from you. The shift patterns are horrible. You'll work 2 days one week and next they will give you 20 hours overtime, very irregular. Double standard where a person doing the same job as you and being in the same position as you will literally get special treatment and you basically have to do their job for them. As a member of team management if you're newer or younger you will be walked all over and basically told you're always wrong and won't even feel like you are part of the management team apart from the fact you are a key holder and you have some management responsibilities as such.
Pros
Cons
Irregular shifts, inequality, unfairness, Sunday deliveries, boring and tiring.

Thank you for leaving us this feedback.

Shift patterns will change week from week depending on your contract and the stores' needs. We offer overtime to staff members who would like the extra hours.

We are very sorry to hear that you had issue's with upper management in your store and if you wish to discuss it further please contact the People Team in Head Office.

productive and fun workplace
Retail assistant -Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Clydebank29 March 2018
very easy team to work with very busy kept and tidy shop floor area lots of things to do to keep going and managemnt was east to taln
to if there was any issues
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
very busy

Hi There!

Thank you for leaving us this lovely feedback.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and wish you the best of luck for the future.

Good work place environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Deal, Kent26 March 2018
I enjoyed my time at savers the management was great as well as co workers it pushed me to my limited helping me to do better in every day to day life.

Hiya,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback!

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and that the skills you developed have helped you with everyday life.

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career and please check our careers site if you want to rejoin the Savers family - www.savers.jobs

Different
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport7 March 2018
I found savers a clean and tidy also its easy to get around the shop and get to the tills and the staff are kind, friendly, good with customers and have a good product knowledge.
Cons
The shift seems long

Hiya,

Thanks for leaving us this feedback.

We pride ourselves on your crisp and clean stores! We feel that product knowledge is very important to ensure our customers have the best possible experience with us!

Nicole

part time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bromsgrove, Worcestershire7 March 2018
good for a Saturday job as i earnt extra money there whilst completing extra studies elsewhere. busy place to work opportunites to progress if you wish to

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback!

It's great to hear you enjoyed your time with us - also that you recognize our internal succession programmes!

Super Savers
RSM (Current Employee) –  South5 March 2018
I have worked for Savers for over 17 years.
I have worked through the ranks to get to my current position and have loved every minute.
Even though Savers have over 400 stores it still has a very personal feel and you’re never made to feel like a number.
Savers really like to promote within, so if you work hard the skies really are the limits!

Hi There!

It is lovely to hear this feedback!

We are so happy that you are still enjoying your time with us. It is great to hear that you have utilized our internal succession plans!

Nicole

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.