SAVE THE CHILDREN CANADA Employee Reviews

Awesome Experience
HR/Recruitment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2016
My time with Save the Children Canada was absolutely one of the best experiences ever. The staff were wonderful and the culture is amazing. I can't say enough positive things about this organization. I am very grateful for the opportunity to have worked with them.
Pros
Cons
There are none
Interesting and Challenge work, working with multiple partner organisations and dynamic work environment
Sr. Program Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2015
Challenge work place with supportive management.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working, learning capacity, career growth and career experience development.
Pros
Great learning environment and good career growth
Cons
The work/life balance can be tough in the beginning
NGO with emphasis on advancing child rights around the world.
Bilingual Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2015
Highly political emphasis compared to other NGO's, with a worthwhile cause that does advance the rights of children around the world. I learned to work in a diverse setting, where staff and management have many different political perspectives and backgrounds. I learned respect for these differences and acquired new approaches to staff and management, that accommodated their administrative support needs and objectives, and that also enhanced my role as a Receptionist.

I was exposed to a non-hierarchal style of management, that fostered expression of employees' opinions, perspective and input. This was very beneficial to the organization as a whole. Under the stewardship of a progressive, VP of Finance and Administration, I was able to take a lot of initiative and put into place, policies and procedures, that streamlined the processes for office administrative support.

I found that co-workers were generally, friendly and respective, however, there were some, who had an air of entitlement. I took the opportunity to 'bring them around' to my side. In other words, I went out of my way, to accommodate them, and in going out of my way for them, I softened their approach and established a very positive, friendly rapport with them. This was the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the exposure to a world-wide cause. I learned so much about children and their life situations around the world. I also enjoyed the day to day contact with visitor's to the organization. It gave me the chance to promote the organization and be an ambassador
  more... for Save the Children Canada.  less
Pros
Great benefits, location, salary above market.
Cons
Uncertainty in the organization, downsizing and restructuring.