Save on Foods
Information from Save on Foods:

Save on Foods Employee Reviews

Found 1,371 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Save on Foods selected this as a representative review
Save-on-Foods is a good place to work with good opportunity for advancement. They offer competitive wages, great benefits, and a friendly atmosphere.My co-workers were good to work with, and several became good friends.
You need to be fast and effective. It can be quite busy. Newbies are heavily relied on and can struggle to keep up. Customers can be stressful when closing.
Pros
Easy Lunches. It is a grocery store
Cons
Newbie problems.
I had a terrible experience with the managers and didn't end up staying long as I could not handle them. worked two departments when I went into the other department it went sideways very quickly for me.
It's a nice place to work to get settle in new place. Good salary, nice coworkers, full support from seniors and provide training of all fields and friendly environment
in my time working at save on foods it was filled with empty promises of full time which never happened if I was lucky I'd break 30 hours a week. Was fine in high school but not after graduation. Also the way they give you a raise by only by your hours and then increasing it by five cents every few months makes it hard to be motivated when there's one guy who does nothing all shift gets the same raise you do because his hours are filled. But however they have very flexible scheduling. This is a fine job for someone in high school but not for after you graduate
Pros
great staff
Cons
a lot
Hours were good, the one thing is during my time there. They could give you a shift with only 24 hours before that shift. Pay was good, coworkers were very friendly. Invest in a good pair of comfortable work runners. But plenty of breaks.
Pros
Well paying, room for advancement.
Cons
Sudden shifts.
I worked at Save On for over two years. The managers here do NOT communicate with each other. I was also constantly scheduled 6-7 days in a row and told just to suck it up because they had to work these hours too. It would've been somewhat fine but they split the hours between work weeks, so that I did not get overtime. I was removed from the department I worked for two years suddenly, and the manager brought up a plethora of complaints against me. However in the past year I have not had a single review, thus every problem he had with me, was unbeknownst to me. This is a perfect place for you if you want no social life, and are willing to work closing shifts and openings the next day for a year, while working 7 days a week with no overtime due to how they schedule you. Also expect them to consistently run skeleton crews in most departments, so your're constantly under pressure.
Pros
Free food, convenient location
Cons
Poor scheduling, Poor communication with both employees and staff, no reviews
Starting wage is $13.95. You get a raise of $0.10 Cents every 1000 hours .Sometimes they give free things to take home like a can of pop or chips, usually stuff thats near expiry date. also depends on the store manager and store itself. people are usually young.
You are required to work alone and during the closing hours of the store. Highly monotonous activities with minimal customer interaction but performed at a fast pace.
Pros
Work alone, minimal customer interaction
Cons
Union dues, strict clock in and outs, unpaid lunch
everyone for the most part is super sweet! I got promoted very fast from cashier to customer service and it built me a great resume. would not recommend for long term job and you cant take vacation for more than 3 days until you've worked there a year. you get paid every week at he same time which is super nice!
Save on foods is a great place to work got along with all my team members great experience management was great Enjoy meeting new people every day
Worked at the South location. Management needs more training on communication and not encouraging/taking part in gossiping. Hard to move up unless you suck up to management. Promised full time hours, but they always fluctuated from 24 to 32 to 40 and back down to 24 which made it hard to live off of. Schedule constantly changed which made it hard to plan for your days off if they always got taken away. Was being paid 13.50 and a new person I was training from scratch was being paid 14.50. How is that fair??
There good place to work is fun and u will love there. The people there are so nice. U will make so munch friends there that u will love to keep. It is a really nice place to work
Its a good place to work while in highschool or college. Meet a lot of new people. Management makes a huge difference of overall work experience. Be on good terms with everyone and things will work well.
You need to be an energetic, ORGANIZED individual to work in a grocery store. Some departments are more demanding than others, so it is important to stay on top of your game. It is important to remember that "The Customers are always right". Be helpful, be respectful, and be ready for anything!
Too much favouritism and discrimination, the hard workers get treated like garbage while the lazy ones get away with everything. Customers are usually quite pleased with us with how we keep our shelves stocked and our store clean.
Pros
Staff are friendly, store is clean and stocked
Cons
Too much favouritism and Discrimination
good company to work for. relaxed place to work, for people to grind our hours. have to getup early to work there that is the most difficult part of the job.
While employed at save on foods I learned Important skills allowing myself to be less introverted as well as diversifying my skill set which has greatly helped me throughout my life
Training is intense and unforgiving. If you aren't able to keep up, they'll find a way to make your life miserable till you quit. Management is good. Pressure from corporate puts a lot of strain on minimum wage workers.
Pros
Strong Union
Cons
Minimal Training Provided
Was okay but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone..bot enough money for the work..rude customers daily..not enough hours to go around..overall its a good stepping stone .
Pros
decent
Cons
decent
I say it is a pleasant place to work with some very good people my supervisor, in particular, was awesome. The hardest part is when you get a person who does not understand why you can not help or just not in the way they want.