Save On Foods
Happiness score is 53 out of 100
View all Save On Foods reviews

Save On Foods

Save On Foods Employee Review

challenging schedule changes and inappropriate placements

Working at saveon wasn't the greatest experience. The first issue was with scheduling, very often they would have people off for various reasons and your schedule would be changed within less than 24 hours notice. The other issue being that they had not much regard for the capabilities of someone with an injury. I was frequently placed in a position where I had to do work that was against a doctor's order that involved some sort of heavy and light lifting.

Pros

Some nice coworkers

Cons

understaffed, inconsistent direction

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Great co-workers, horrible management

The overall work environment was great, I worked with great, nice people. When I had first started working there, I had asked for 16 hrs a week (i was a high-school student) and ended up working 25-32 most weeks, not picking up extra shifts but seeing them on my schedule. The ability to change departments was nice, however the bakery manager (when I was there) wouldn’t let me talk to any of my coworkers while I worked, regardless of whether or not I was done my work.
Same role

Better place than most

Depending on management, this job can turn into a career. Unlike some places they see you as a person. While the union can work against you, some managers will vouch if you give it your everything.

Pros

good culture

Cons

some toxic people
Same location

Great Workplace!

The workplace was huge and there are so many nice coworkers. The most stressful part working at Save On would be working on cash, very fast paced at the store I work in. Hours are very flexible, can accommodate to your needs, great pay. You can be trained anywhere in the store and the other departments are very relaxed compared to cash. Overall, Save On is a very great place to work at when you have no experience or as a first job :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save On Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Save On Foods with

• Save On Foods
  • challenging schedule changes and inappropriate placements