Save On Foods
View all Save On Foods reviews

Save On Foods

Save On Foods Employee Review

Working stiff

Always dumped on to do more.Never a good work/life balance.Shifts are like a roller coaster never same days per week.Shifts can change with a phone call no consideration.

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Happy environment

Feels family. Everyone nice. easy job. Very accommodating in schedules. Good communication. They are easy to talk with and any concerns they value your voice. They give events like picnic for employees and also Free lunches on sale day.
Same role

Easy day to day tasks. Stressful during pandemic. Communication could be better.

I enjoyed this job when I first started out. It was a relaxed and social environment which I found fun. However as COVID has progressed I have felt that the customers have started treating us worse and it has definitely had and impact on my mental health. Some parts of the day are extremely slow with nothing to do and other times the crowds can be overwhelming. Some of the rules have gotten stricter lately, for example me and my coworkers have gotten in trouble for talking to each other during slow periods despite not having any other tasks to complete. I have also gotten in trouble for things that were never outlined to me during my brief training period. Overall not an awful job just not my preference, I think if you enjoy customer service/retail then it is one of the better ones!

Pros

Team member discount and free weekly item, Good coworkers, Job stability during a pandemic.

Cons

Strict rules for a minimum wage retail job, Confusing indirect communication from management, Punching bag for customers.
Same location

Its alright after 2 and half years of work, still no chance for advancement

Overworking underpaid job. Sometimes feel like being exploited by the management. Some of the management level employees really want to boss around and from time to time keep saying, I am your boss do this and do that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save On Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement