Save on Foods

Save on Foods Employee Review

View all Save on Foods reviews

Work hard and you'll never go home
Meat/seafood Dept Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 October 2018
I worked myself hard while working for these guys. Literally, like so hard I lost weight. My job here was also my workout. I went home sore a lot.
1. Whatever I did was never enough, no matter how much I got done in an 8 hour shift.
2. The managers don't manage, they just go on extensive coffee breaks and complain about having to work.
3. I hope you really don't like getting your breaks, because you won't be getting them. Your 30 minute break will always be late.
4. Scheduling is screwed. They don't care that you got no sleep, they want you closing from 2-10 and then there the next morning from 7-3 to open.
As an added bonus, the customers are a**holes and waste your time for no reason.
Pros
Medical benefits after 6 months.
Cons
Oh my god look above mate

Other Save on Foods Employee Reviews

Save on Foods
Cashier,Customer Service and Price Change Department (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 January 2020
I always showed up 10 minutes before my shift when working on the cash register to make sure I had enough bags, receipt paper as well as any other stock up required for my shift.Serving each and every customer with the respect that they all deserve and helping them either find or return an item was one of my duties. Customer service desk I was responsible for the lottery as well as complaints and returns or mistakes on the receipt. Price change Department I was responsible for printing and hanging all new price tags for the weekly flyer sales as well as special sale prices for each and every department.
Easygoing, enjoyable, worthwhile
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 January 2020
Save on Foods was an amazing place to work. The staff was very friendly and everyone worked together well. People were always very nice and easy to deal with and serve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save on Foods. Our community is ready to answer.