Save on Foods

Save on Foods Employee Review

View all Save on Foods reviews

Good for students, retirees, or people who want a work life but aren't financially dependent on this job.
Produce Third Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2019
This job really depends on the department you work in and your manager. I have had the best and worst work experiences working there and management had a huge part to do with it. So ask around and find the right store or department if you have the opportunity to do so. The company is generally pretty easy going with working with your school schedule but be prepared to work weekends and holidays. Certain managers push for people to apply for higher positions but it so rarely goes to someone in-store. The work culture is overall good, they really put forth the effort to offer staff luncheons or first dibs on discount items as a thank you. Pay isn't great as they like to keep everyone as part timers and really cut back on your hours with no notice.

Other Save on Foods Employee Reviews

Save on Foods
Cashier,Customer Service and Price Change Department (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 January 2020
I always showed up 10 minutes before my shift when working on the cash register to make sure I had enough bags, receipt paper as well as any other stock up required for my shift.Serving each and every customer with the respect that they all deserve and helping them either find or return an item was one of my duties. Customer service desk I was responsible for the lottery as well as complaints and returns or mistakes on the receipt. Price change Department I was responsible for printing and hanging all new price tags for the weekly flyer sales as well as special sale prices for each and every department.
Easygoing, enjoyable, worthwhile
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 January 2020
Save on Foods was an amazing place to work. The staff was very friendly and everyone worked together well. People were always very nice and easy to deal with and serve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save on Foods. Our community is ready to answer.