Save on Foods Employee Review

View all Save on Foods reviews

Part time job that balances with school
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  3000-11666 Steveston Hwy24 June 2013
It was a simple job for students, low wage but enough to get by the small expenses for students. I worked in the Deli department. Served sandwich meat, hot food, and made salads. The job was simple, co workers were friendly, but it lacked advancement. There was no room for someone like me who wanted to show my potentials. I reached a brick wall, turned around and decided to move on to a better job. I enjoyed the 3 and half years I spent at save on food, it was certainly enjoyable.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
no advancement

Other Save on Foods Employee Reviews

Not bad
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2018
Has pros and cons on a number of things but so does every work environment out there, just need to ignore the bad and enjoy the good things the company offers
Pros
Good environment
Cons
A number
Getting too big too fast
I work there (Current Employee) –  Alberta17 April 2018
Starting at the bottom you're looking at minimum wage and being unionized. As manager of a department, some where between 45/55k a year.

If you break into a manger position you're salary and are going to be expected to keep your department in good shape, even if it means working 12 hour days.

Training is lack luster and if you're not a bubbly sales person esq person, you're probably going to be passed up for promotions, even if you're the most qualified.

It's a popularity contest so make sure to say the right things around the right peeple.

You can move up quickly though, as they are expanding fast in Alberta. This is why training is terrible.

You're expected to do online courses as your "training" but it's on your own time and you aren't paid for it.
Pros
Rapid advancement
Cons
low pay. Biased management. Poor training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save on Foods. Our community is ready to answer.