Save on Foods Employee Review

View all Save on Foods reviews

Company culture
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2019
Save on foods is a company filled with diversity of cultures. They provide you with with loads of support and opportunities for advancement, both internally and externally. They are unionized, and through the union I was able to get a leave of absence for my education in another province and be able to return to my job in the summer.

Other Save on Foods Employee Reviews

Good for students, retirees, or people who want a work life but aren't financially dependent on this job.
Produce Third Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2019
This job really depends on the department you work in and your manager. I have had the best and worst work experiences working there and management had a huge part to do with it. So ask around and find the right store or department if you have the opportunity to do so. The company is generally pretty easy going with working with your school schedule but be prepared to work weekends and holidays. Certain managers push for people to apply for higher positions but it so rarely goes to someone in-store. The work culture is overall good, they really put forth the effort to offer staff luncheons or first dibs on discount items as a thank you. Pay isn't great as they like to keep everyone as part timers and really cut back on your hours with no notice.
Extremely physically demanding
ASSISTANT MANAGER, MEAT & SEAFOOD (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 December 2019
The company appears friendly, but it is expected that you put in extra unpaid time. This is common knowledge among workers. Benefits are minimal. Work is very physically demanding, I had 3 WCB claims before leaving. Constant pressure to do more, work harder and faster. Managers are all extremely overworked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save on Foods. Our community is ready to answer.