Save on Foods Employee Review

View all Save on Foods reviews

Working with the public was enjoyable
Demonstrator Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC #92823 July 2013
I enjoyed my job and the staff and management and co-workers were all upbeat persons and did not even think that we would lose our jobs as we did with a buy out which happened in Dec. 2012 so we had no choice other than work in another department in the store, I had one lady with me who is still looking and myself included for work in the food demonstrations and wish to work in the area of Maple Ridge or Pitt Meadows area on part time basis as was what we did before, the job was wonderful as we made a constant contact with the customers and after 15 years they got to be like a giant family, they loved to come in and try and not always buy but many times they would return and ask how to make something we did in the past and buy . We still see our customers in other stores and they ask when we will return and we have to tell them we are looking elsewhere and will notify them if we find work, customers were always #1 in the store and they loved the way staff assisted them...commented many times how they liked the staff in our store. Working with Save On Foods was really enjoyable - treated us with great respect and thanked us for the job we were doing.
Pros
The company many times put on luncheon for the staff as a thank you

Other Save on Foods Employee Reviews

Being on call as a cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC20 April 2018
Being on call is a job reserved for very specific jobs and being a cashier is not one of them. A part for that the front end managers was very lazy to say the least.
Pros
The Assistant Manger i worked with
Cons
Uneasy work environment
Balance
Lakeland Ridge - Cashier (Former Employee) –  SummerWood, Sherwood Park20 April 2018
I'd definitely say that this workplace only works for those people who doesn't really have a routine life because they are a union company and what I've noticed is that they want you to follow them every time which is a little bit not good.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Doesn't understand the life of their staffs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save on Foods. Our community is ready to answer.