Save On Foods

Canada1,650 reviews

Clear
3.0Pay & benefits

Found 552 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,683 reviews

Not a bad workplace considering it is retail

Overall 3.8 out of 5. This is retail but it is a better workplace compared to Walmart. Good salary and benefits if you get at least 30hrs per week. Although, compared to other retail stores, they tend to cut more hours and you will less likely receive 30hrs per week.. This is a good part time job tho. Don’t expect too many hours from the company. But overall, good experience.

Decent place to work

Not a bad job. Pay is pretty good, nice coworkers. The top management was pretty nice, but a trainee manager was always on you about any days called in which created unnecessary stress about getting sick or any other reason needed to miss work.

Insights into Save On Foods

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Fun work place

Totally fine with the workers. Save on foodsPay minimum wage but regardless Union has a good support for all employees Difficult task for anyone but Save on foods has a team working on the site

High stress

Dont do it, that is unless you strive on near constant chaos. The benefits are not worth the headaches and stress. Highest turn around rate I've ever seen in my life.

Pros

Benefits, Made good friends.

Cons

High stress. Absolutely no work life balance. Low pay for whats expected

Good for High school students but terrible for anyone else

Instead of giving more work hours they hire more people for a specific department so I was left barley making 200 a week which is not enough to live on. And their “raise” is a complete joke.

Pros

Free food occasionally, wifi, slower pace

Cons

Too few hours

Poor management

Very little support from management there is only one or two good members of management. Ended up getting threatened by a supervisor. The hight turnover in management and the lower level staff. Raises are based of worked hours not merit. Very stingy with full-time positions and requires you to work 1 weekend per week.

Pros

10 percent off

Cons

Poor pay high turnover poor management

Very much a family like atmosphere. The jobs aren't rocket science and the staff are great.

Save On Foods is very much a family-like atmosphere. The jobs aren't rocket science and the staff are great. I enjoyed my time with the company. I worked in the Deli in Port Hardy and the Bakery, Deli, and Cash in Williams Lake. The company offers a lot of perks and has great benefits. They treat their staff great. I would go back in a heartbeat if I could

Pros

Staff, Management, Benefits, Perks and overall moral

Cons

We all have bad days. Quit blaming your job

Fun workplace

Good workplace and co workers. Management is friendly.Wage is decent and we get 10% off groceries which is great.I would recommend working here to a friend

Good place to work.

pleasant colleagues manager helps you to succeed, there is lots of inclusion and free food.lots of celebration,cooperation as team players.schedule van be flexible to meet your need.

good place to work

A good place to work, overall liked it. It's good to work as a summer job, but can be worked in other seasons too. I worked in many departments. Managers are good too.

Is good as a part time job

Job can be fun or boring depending on which department you are working at. Working at cash can be repetitive, and a lot of people don’t like it. Everyone likes to work in some kind of department. Pay raise is a joke.

Pros

Not very stressful

Cons

Repetitive, low pay

Benefits

Pay is average but amazing benefits. Great opportunity to move around to different positions. Job security is not a concern. Well run company. Thanks.

Overworked

They chose to have much less staff than needed but worked us till we cracked. The baking and decorating was fun however the closes we’re extremely hectic I often missed my breaks to get everything done

Pros

Paid coffee breaks

Cons

Bad management, stressful, busy

Heavy work but good pay (and workout :p)

Love working at SOF, I am a delivery driver who deliver groceries to customers. The pay is great, and fair for the amount of work we do. Usually heavy work, picking up totes and loading the van, then delivering them to customer’s residences. Very good and suppotive management.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Heavy work

Fine place

Fine place to work, if you are ok with minimumEasy work, schedule Type of roles produce clerk, cashing, deli clerk, meat clerk, department manager, store manager

Pros

Easy work and schedule

Cons

No much pay, benefits

great place to work, free food item every week and More Reward points too.

I shop ecomm, it's awesome. Paid every week, union means regular raises for experience hours, lots of staff - most of them nice. You can cross train in many other departments until you find one that you love.

Won't give you enough work hours if part time

They'll gave you just 5-10 hrs of work every week . So honestly not worth it.The benefits are good. The pay is less. Not recommend place to work....

Department specialist

Good place to start working.flexible and its good for students needing part time jobs. Management is okay. Sometimes it get busy you have to be fast. Pay is okay but fair amount for paying bills. Theres opportunities if you wanna go up. People are nice.

Pros

Free food sometimes

Cons

Fast paced sometimes boring

Decent

Good place to start out for part time.Good payNo advancementThe work is fairly easy The work life balance doesn't exist Fairly healthy and helpful work enviroment

Avoid if you can !!

The work itself is easy no big deal but the management is where it gets bad. First, you don’t get enough hours for both part-time and full-time because they give all the shifts seniority-wise (more of favoritism) which is bs. And so, you will be left with whatever is remaining and if you try to reschedule your shift they will never do it, they will straight away give away your shift to another driver. And when you complain or raise your concern to HR, they don’t even give an f. So if you are a new employee you do not get any priority regarding shift or hours because of seniority. The pay is ok but what's the point when you don't even get enough hours, it's better to be working minimum wage than this. And even after this if you want to apply I would suggest you rather apply for the retail the department.

Pros

You get to work alone.

Cons

There are so many reasons I can't list them here.

atmosphere

good place to work part time good salary not good for the future security Management training lack company needs to train employees better. good pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save On Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement