Save on Foods Employee Reviews for Store Clerk

Found 13 reviews matching the search See all 1,243 reviews
Fun store to work for always things changed job roles changing
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 January 2020
My first time I ever worked for a grocery store. Took me a while to get to know where things went. Easy going and friendly fellow staff and Supervisors made my training go really well. Managers were really acuminating. Sad that I left to due to family health. But definably a place id love to go back to if the opportunity presented itself
Store Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC19 November 2019
Good place to work during high school/college, provided lots of new skills that i got to learn, good work atmosphere and a fun place to work with friends.
Terrible
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC6 September 2019
It was a struggle wanting to go there from day one, all the employees miserable and not wanting to work at a place where concerns and problems not cared about. Many times things were brought up to a manager even by multiple people they “forgot” came up and talked to them. Extremely unforgiving in family emergencies or injuries, on one occasion after dislocating my knee in rugby I was told that I should just “push through, and not make my coworkers pay for my mistake” or when my uncle passed on I was told that I couldn’t go to his funeral because my work should take “precedence” I hated every day miserable managers just pushing their eight around because there lives aren’t what they dreamed they made everyone else feel no importantance
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Manager
dont work here
STORE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK24 October 2018
the hours suck. the magement sucks...the employeees are nice though.it would take you a long time to work your way up in this company. the management are very unapproachable
Very easy people to work with
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 August 2018
Very easy work in any department. Management was very attentive and helpful when problem came up and needed to be handled. Although it was very repetitive.
Pros
excellent people to work with
Cons
very repetitive
Nice small stint
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 February 2018
Worked in the graveyard shift. Ease of work, no pressure, nice teammates. Great management and always understanding. Nothing much to learn but as worked for short duration cannot much say about learning that may happen in a long period.
Pros
No work pressure
Cons
No free food as promised, less hours per week
Ok workplace, severely underpaid/underappreciated, and neglected training on other sections
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC3 February 2018
They didn't train me on anything aside from facing, I figured out they were underpaying their employees plus the mistreatment, but the time schedule was very accommodating and my co-workers were quite respectful.
Pros
The day I happened to start work, they gave free donairs. They never did it again after that though.
Cons
Not enough hours + severely underpaid
Overall Okay
General Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 June 2017
As a student Save On Foods was an okay first job but I would not recommend it to anyone. The online employee website really help me keep track of my schedule and book off time. The only issue was that the time I tried to book off was almost always rejected and I had to speak to managers multiple time about getting time off for important events.
work
Cashier/Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BC26 May 2017
have lockers for employees
many part timers
work seems to go by fast when its busy
when its not busy its difficult to stay busy because of procedures and senority
great work environment to work in
Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK27 November 2016
I am enjoy the every single day of my work, store management is pretty good. the store has a very friendly environment that what other grocery stores mostly.....
Good workplace for Students
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cloverdale, BC17 August 2014
Very fast-paced environment with many learning opportunities
One of the best company to work for.
General store clerk duties (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC1 March 2013
An amazing place to work and works around your life style as many as hours you want to work. Great benefits and pay is great too. You get lot of increases. How can I forget to mention amazing staff lunches and discounts. Staff is great. I have nothing negative to say about this company. I would recommend anyone to work for Save on Foods.
Pros
great staff, great hours, work as many hours you like.