Save on Foods Employee Reviews for Grocery Associate

Found 107 reviews matching the search See all 1,183 reviews
Great place great people
Grocery Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2019
I enjoy working at save on foods great team work excellent management team and excellent customer service good food service and fresh quality products local and international
stressful didnt matter how hard you worked you came back to be yelled at
Grocery Clerk/bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Princeton, BC1 November 2019
they hired me only because they were desperate for staff soon as the summer rush was over they wanted me gone not because i did my job poorly but because I'm transgender
Awesome starting job
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 September 2019
Nice and easy, seeing as I was going to school at the same time. The people and coworkers were always polite and comfortable to be around. We communicate and worked well together as a team when needed. All and all I wouldn't mind working here again as I am still working on achieving my grade 12
Worst place I ever worked
Cashier and Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glenmore, BC4 September 2019
I worked there and I had to leave because they thought I was drunk. I drink once a week and it’s when I get off work the night before a day off. If you take buses they schedule you for in doable times. They don’t care about you and they are so under staffed they don’t care about the workers needs.
it was alright working at save on foods
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 August 2019
there was not a lot of money to be made in this company at that time. now to start is probably fifteen dollars an hour, and there was no hope for advancement at least that is what I thought.
Repetitive work
Deli, Bakery, and Grocery specilist (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 August 2019
Very average job. Work unloading the product from the pallets and placing them in the cooler. Learned time management skills, organization skills, and customer service skills. Management can be inefficient such as assigning you a job but not telling you specific important details necessary for completing that job. Hardest part is having to stand on hard concrete for the entire shift. Most enjoyable part is working with a fun employee and having enjoyable conversations.
Garbage Managment
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 August 2019
Like most grocery stores the managers are stuck up jerks. Save on is a perfect example of this. The co workers were great though. But two managers will bring you down every time you work a shift. Oh and it's a grocery store so the "increasing pay" is bs. Good luck....
Great Company
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cloverdale, BC9 August 2019
I was employed at Save On for 2 years. The company has provided me with many experiences and skills. The management was understanding with every situation and very helpful. The staff was friendly and fun but always made sure you stayed on task. Working there was a great experience.
Good Workplace with Lots of Hours
Cashier and Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 July 2019
Save on was a good workplace, my coworkers were all very friendly along with management being helpful and nice too. There was a minimum of 16 hour availability per week which was difficult to deal with being a student in high school. Attempting to switch to grocery from cash was also difficult. Great benefits after working there a while, minimum wage, overall an okay place to work with a good reputation.
Pros
Friendly environment, Helpful management
Cons
Minimum 16 hours per week, Not much room to switch departments
Good summer job
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC12 July 2019
Learned a lot about Customer Service.
Hardest part of the job is having to do other people's work with minimal knowledge of other departments.
Pros
Free Water Refill
Cons
Co-Workers
Decent starting job
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Terrace, BC16 June 2019
Overall not a terrible place to work when starting out, you learn task managing and communication skills, dealing with customers on the daily. Can be physically demanding lifting heavy boxes and on your feet all day.
friendly staff all across the board
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sidney, BC21 May 2019
I seriously have made some really good memories working here. I never expected to have so much fun while still being productive and efficient enough not to be kicked out of a company. Lots of friendly faces all around and easy tasks for a minimum wage job. All around, one of my favourite jobs so far.
Pros
flexible shifts, fun environment, lots of space, friendly staff
great first job with a fun work environment and great people
cashier, grocery clerk, deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC21 April 2019
A job that is for the most part fast paced. You are expected to be enthusiastic and friendly to all customers. The management changes a few times while I worked here, but from my experience they try to provide a safe and fun work environment.
Great co-workers, rough managers.
Cashier/Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC6 March 2019
The one thing that surprised me in the orientation was how good the training was. I didn't get a first real customer until I had been trained for at least 10 hours and felt confident that I was ready which was really important since I was employed right before Christmas. I was on friendly terms with a lot of the staff right away and felt comfortable in the small lounge. The coffee machine was hard to use though. The manager and assistant manager preferred to keep to their offices however and would only come out to deal with problems which gave them a negative image of some people's work ethic. The department managers however were all very easy to work with and took the time to make sure you knew exactly what you needed to do.
Pros
Friendly colleagues, furnished lounges, great store security.
Cons
No job security for seasonal workers, long hours, no accessibility, or accommodation for sore workers.
People not the greatest
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB12 February 2019
Full Time workers tended to hate themselves and the people around being only 16 the treated you poorly. Just because I was better at your job and have a future doesn't mean u have a right to open your mouth to me I am your superior in everyday except age.
Pros
Cons
People
good place to work
Cashier/Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC26 January 2019
i like working here i like the job i go to work every day it is fun sooo sooo sooo much fun fun fun yayayayayayyayayya hello how are you doing today. i don't like writing reviews
A Good First job
Receiver and grocery clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC17 January 2019
Being a receiver at save on food could be at times stressful but the job kept me moving and on my feet so it wasn't all to bad. The first thing I would do in the morning even before I clocked into work was to make enough or as much room for any shipments we would be receiving that day. After all the plates for the day were received it was my job to load carts for other employees to take onto the floor and work, I would also work the carts if help was needed. Everyone i worked with was very nice and were there to help if I ever needed it, some parts became difficult and overwhelming for example being the only receiver meant that if I needed help I would have to call someone from another department possibly slowing down that department, I tried to do this as little as possible but some mornings it was necessary. Overall the job was good and for a first job it taught me some good lessons that I can use forever.
customer service
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC19 December 2018
I enjoyed working here, since it was a great opportunity to help customers, and get to work as a team. Good communication and going the extra mile were objectives of the job.
Nice Workplace with Poor Management
Cashier/Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC13 December 2018
The job is entry-level and the work reflects that. Overall the work one will be doing is not bad but the management at LC Save-on was really bad, and apparently still is. They schedule booked time off consistently and always promise to fix issues and go back on it within the week. A lot of the ladies that work cash have worked there for over a decade and have a sense of superiority over people who are new, be careful around them.
Pros
Good work
Cons
Management and Some Coworkers
Good Starter Job
Cashier/Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK8 November 2018
I'm going to just say that I didn't like it because one of the assistant managers was kind of rude to people and didn't seem to care if someone was hurting from a past injury or didn't feel good. O just wish Save on Foods had more options to give.
Pros
Amazing Coworkers
Cons
Poor Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save on Foods. Our community is ready to answer.