Save On Foods

Deli Associate105 reviews
Canada105 reviews

Found 105 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,776 reviews
savesaveongroceryfoodunionstoredepartmentwage

Busy and dirty work in the Deli. Favortitism played in the department

Busy and dirty work has to be done every day and I would smell bad if I don't wash my clothes at least once a day. The store manager and the department manager were trying to be nice all the time but the assistant manager in my department was being naggy often time putting pressure on team members except for her "close friends" and playing favoritism. I ended up quitting because of that because I got fed up with her actions. Everyone else seemed pretty nice for the most part.

Very healthy environment

Very good environment I learnt a lot at save on. The people are very kind and welcoming and you can grow a lot in the business. Good pay and hours and customers

Insights into Save On Foods

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Stressful but great people

Stressful work situations compounded by management breathing down your neck to ensure you meet unfair standards. If you're not buddy buddy with a lot of upper management, you will find your work incredibly stressful.The other staffmembers however are incredibly nice and kind.

Terrible

worst job ever, terrible staff and rude management. people are so mean and the job is just plain boring. shifts were way too long and the people didn’t train new people properly.

Great starter job.

Good job to gain workplace experience/life skills. Do not stick around for long, spread your wings and try other minimum wage jobs to gain a variety of life skills.

Overall great first job loved it.

Great work environment. Worked around my busy schedule. Positive and fun place to work. Kept busy throughout the day.

Deli clerk

Management in the deli was impressive and supportive meanwhile the store managers themselves were not so supportive or even kind. Sad to see that the management went down hill in my year and a half there. At the beginning the staff and management were so kind and supportive as time went on that diminished unfortunately.

Pros

Snacks in the breakroom great coworkers

Cons

Disappointing management

Best place to work

I worked here for about 4 months. I had to move to Toronto that’s why i had to leave my job which I never wanted to. Management is so nice. All are so helpful. I would say it’s the best place to work.

Pros

You get extra perks on your save on card. Sometimes free stuff.

Super great!

Super good work environment you always have a chance to learn new things or be taught new things if your willing to learn you you or somebody needs help you can help them

Pros

Very friends work environment

Cons

No guaranteed hours

Worst management team. Very biased toward employees.

I used to work for Save on Foods and first few weeks were great and then the new assistant manager came in who was extremely rude and very mean toward employees. Most of my colleagues quit because of the bad behavior of this particular manager. The other management personnel were okay but they didn't want to hear anything about how the assistant manager was at the wrong and always sided with him. He is very biased and if he didn't like an employee or if you try to stand up for yourself he would then toss you in the worst department ever that you specifically asked them to not schedule in.

Fast Pace, customer service came first.

Customers came fist as working in the Deli at Save Ons, we give the customer what they ask for, such as thickness of the meat they wanted to how they wanted it packaged. Took orders for the salad bar. Prep food in the kitchen for Clients.

Fun place if you dont take pride in your work or dont care

The training is trash and non-existent. I work in the deli and they just hand me a production guide, and left me alone to figure out myself. I didn't even know where most of the ingredients were or how to get them. When i asked for help they said " you are a smart guy you can figure it out ". The worst training iv ever been a part of.

Love the atmosphere of the store

Save-On-Foods is a great place to work, Everyone is friendly and tries their personal best to make and keep the customers happy! Staff is very nice to one another, and the managers are amazing!

Fast-paced and Multiculture working place

Customer first services Getting experienced working skills Multicultural environment Getting to do something all the time Having great customers Team work and collaboration

Pros

Membership promotion

Deli and Cashier work at Save On Foods

Daily job day is working in the deli. Greeting customers, assisting, slicing meat, preparing sandwiches and making party trays. I have been here just about 3 years. The management isn't the greatest as some say. We don't always get treated with fairness.

Great place to work with fun people

It is always filled with employees who like to crack a joke to brighten up a dull day, and are super helpful when you have a question or concern. Save On Foods certainly lives up to their slogan; "Always Customer First".

Fun to work in the deli

I work with and amazing team of people in the deli. We are always laughing and having fun. The job is very high demanding with very low pay as a new starter.

fast paced environment

they gonna train you in all aspects, too busy work place, ilove and enjoy working here but i want to challenge my self to do more than this work place..

Good company ,friendly team member and flexible schedule

Great place to work and advance career opportunity. I learned a lot of basic work skills and good customer service skill. Work with fun and positive people.

Working with people is my pleasure to learn new things

Im having fun to work with my co worker They treated me as a good friend.Most people are friendly easy to get along.We help each other and sharing.I learn so many things like how to deal costumer and introduced new products to them.

Cons

8 hours

It was okay

People were really friendly the environment was always peaceful and nice. Everyone there worked together to make work efficient and managers were very kind.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save On Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement