Save on Foods Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier in Edmonton, AB

Found 8 reviews matching the search See all 1,204 reviews
postive and negative
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2018
There is positive and negative.

For me the positive parts were getting along with my co-workers and interacting with the customers.
I also enjoyed problem solving when it was necessary.
Pros
great people
Cons
not my kind of job
Career Growth
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2017
If you enjoy the business, its a great company to grow with.
There are opportunities to go far if you have the drive. There are a load of courses available online to improve yourself and help qualify yourself for promotions.
Pros
Growth Opp
Cons
Angry Customers
Very flexable with hours when working part time
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2017
Good place to work if you don't mind a little "office drama" here and there.

Wouldn't recommend for a full time job unless you're hoping for a management position at some point and if so its very political; kind of a who you know not what you know.

Hardest part of the job is that its very repetitive and obviously dealing with customers can be brutal.

Most enjoyable part of the job can be coworkers if you get along with them and even if you don't its still decent.
it is a very good place to work, especially if you are starting out.
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  magrath location, edmonton11 December 2015
I have worked at save-on-foods for 15 years and found it to be very friendly and welcoming to everyone. It did not matter which location that I have worked at, they are always flexible with hours and the needs that you have with your family.They are also very involved in giving back to the community.

The hard part is like any other place , dealing with cranky and angry customers. the Best part is when you help a customer find what they are missing and you get a big smile from them.
a
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 April 2015
I learned how to work under pressure, and time myself accordingly! I was able to provide a fast, friendly and fun checkout experience.
Pros
Paid Weekly + extra $1 per hour on Sunday's.
Cons
Can't really think of anything.
Fun place to work even when its busy
Cashier/Customer Service/Stock Department (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2015
I handle large amount of grocery transaction in a very fast pace.
What I learned from this job is working very fast with a positive attitude towards customers.
Management is great at Save on foods, they are very organized.
My co-workers as will always easy going and very easy to get along with.
The hardest part of this job is when it gets very busy and have to deal with a frustrated customer at the same time.
Very easy going place to work,
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2013
A typical day at work is usually very easy going. Never too busy. I did not really learn anything new as I've been a cashier before. Management was good.Co-workers were awesome. Hardest part was trying to keep busy for 8 hours when it was not busy at all. Most enjoyable part was the people I worked with and the flexibility they offered.
Pros
Very flexible hours, nice people, not very busy.
Cons
Not very busy.