Save On Foods

Canada102 reviews

Found 102 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,776 reviews
savesaveongroceryfoodunionstoredepartmentwage

Minimum wage forever

I don’t like this company at all. Very bad management. Unfair and favoritism. Minimum wage forever. If they like you, everything you did even if it’s wrong, they will pretend they don’t see it.

Not worth it at ironwood

As a former employee for ecomm and front end I can say this location isn’t worth it they pull people into every department even when the supervisors can get off their butts and do their job. Not only that but this location isn’t with the stress they will change your shifts less than 24 hours notice

Insights into Save On Foods

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Underpaid and fast-paced

Residing in Canmore, cost-of living is way too high. Yet, company was still paying me 16 per hour and has not given me a raise even though I've been there for 4 years. But wait, the 10% discount will save you on groceries!

Pros

Cons

Being an employee here.

Really great place to work.

Great company to work for, very accommodating to my schedule. Managers are very approachable and easy to talk to. I love my job and my work environment

Pros

free items every week

Cons

not enough full time positions

Productive and fun workplace, suitable for everyone

It's a productive and fun workplace, suitable for everyone. No matter if you're just starting out in the workforce, or you're a veteran, there's something for everyone.

Was a nice working enviorment

I enjoyed working here. The employees were friendly and welcoming. They were very flexible with my schedule for my requested hours. The workload varied depending on how many customers there was.

Great fun place for a part time job

Fun place to work at; I did it while at school and the management is super understanding of your schedule! There can be a little bit of politics involved but other than that, great place to make friends at.

Not a bad place to work while you look for your dream job

Fairly laid back, gets boring and repetitive just because of the nature of the job. Not overly stressful. When management is decent it's an ok place to work

Absolutely terrible management

Management never cares about their employees. If you have any health issues at all never apply there. They don’t care about any of the employees and if you dropped dead tomorrow they wouldn’t care

Slow Paced Work But Very Flexible Schedule And Plenty Of Hours

The people who work here can either be really fun or really tedious and working as a cashier is very boring for evening shifts but the scheduling is easy here for people who have university or school.

Relaxed workplace with repetitive tasks

Perfect entry-level job for a high school student or a university student. As a cashier the job is pretty relaxed and repetitive. You'll basically be scanning and bagging items and ringing costumers through. If it's not busy management may ask you to organize the shelves which isn't too hard. Hours are great and flexible.

Not great unless you’re a favourite to the managers

When calling management down, usually really annoyed with an attitude then leaves right after they help one or two customers to sit and hang out with their favourites

Pros

One free item a week

Cons

One assistant manager is racist

good workplace

My managers and coworkers were welcoming and accepting of me and used my correct (chosen) name, which is very important to me, and were friendly and calm. I did really like working at my save-on branch, however I know every store is unique so my experience may not reflect everyone's. I left because I wasn't getting enough hours, which I think is partly due to inflation influencing volume of sales and partly due to business practices of preferring to have many low-hours employees over few high-hours employees. Other than the hours, I enjoyed working there and thought the pay and benefits were good. I would recommend working here, keeping the issues with consistent hours in mind.

Pros

good benefits, decent pay, professional and respectful workplace, friendly and relaxed

Cons

Inconsistent hours, not enough hours, dealing with occasional irate customers

Routine and boring workplace.

The store air conditioning system had technical issues many times that took a while to fix while I had to wear a heavy coat to keep myself warm during working hours!

Ok

The .anagment is good but the store is always short staffed. They pay minimum wage with no benefits. Good for until something better comes kind of job.

A workplace with great team members but horrible management

I really liked this job at first until I got to experience more in the work environment. Management did not care at all about their workers and lead me to quit and find other work because it was so intolerable. Most managers cared more about saving money for the company than they cared about their customers.

Pros

Good wage, benefits

Cons

Bad management, does not care about their staff

A Corporate Grind

You’re seen as nothing more than a faceless cog in the machine for this company. There’s an incredibly high turnover rate and very little appreciation for the staff that stays on. Be prepared to be called in on all of your days off. If you’re asked to stay an extra two hours, don’t. There’s no overtime and all you get is a $10.00 in store gift card.

Pros

There are some great staff members

Cons

Don’t expect to be seen as a person

I loved working here. I still would be if i had not moved.

I like the fact that there is cross traning at save in foods. But i think you should get a choice of departments. As some people cant qork in the frezzer or dairy or loading and unliading the big frezzers in the back. I loved my job at save on. If there wasnone where i live now i would be working there.

little to no hours every week and bad management

consistently got 5-9 hours every week for the time worked there although been around from the start of the store opening. Management is lackluster and saw half of my associates resigning in the first 2 months of operation.

Cons

little to no hours

Its ok

If you are willing to suck up to the bosses you will advance in the company.You also have to work your butt off. And work alone most of the time.Tough job.

Pros

Sometimes free lunches

Cons

Managers that dont care.

Very toxic place to work in

I would not recommend working there at all. Management is very poor. Constant revolving door because of horrible work environment. If you "complain" to management about harassment you get demoted. Favoritism is rampant. There is no room for advancement unless you suck up to management. Also the scheduling is so out of sync.

Pros

Medical Plan

Cons

Horrible scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save On Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement