Save on Foods

Save on Foods Employee Reviews in Williams Lake, BC

Featured review
Save on Foods selected this as a representative review
Save-on-Foods is a good place to work with good opportunity for advancement. They offer competitive wages, great benefits, and a friendly atmosphere.My co-workers were good to work with, and several became good friends.
Good temporary job, but schedules are so scattered, you can't plan outside of it. My co-workers were great, but I really did not like the managers. If you had a problem with something, they just told you either get over it or go home. Really disappointed.
Pros
Lots of breaks, price break
Cons
Crazy schedule, bad management, low salary
The only good thing about working here i would say is some of your coworkers can be awesome people. But that has no reflection on the actual company itself because good people are everywhere.As a company they expect you to basically exist around work. When i first started they would have me work one or two days. Then i would be off for 4. Then the next week it was 6 days in a row with one-two days off. The scheduals were never consistant all over the place. And their clock ins are even worse... if you are a minute late clocking out of work your managers will make it seem like you killed somebody i could go on but its not worth it. I wouldnt reccomend working here unless you are really. Really desperate. And they are constantly hiring new people every week ( wonder why)They dont call it "Slave On" for nothing
Pros
eventually you start getting extra more rewards and secret offers regular customers here about last
Cons
everything else
Working for save on is good for a temporary job. It helps just enough to get by. The schedule makes it hard to do anything out side of work. But the people that you might and work with are great people
Customers came fist as working in the Deli at Save Ons, we give the customer what they ask for, such as thickness of the meat they wanted to how they wanted it packaged. Took orders for the salad bar. Prep food in the kitchen for Clients.
I get decent hours but when I wanted relocate to a different department in the store they didn’t let me and when I wanted to change my hours cause I go to school they said no
good place to work. the community its in make it enjoyable. Learned a lot of new departments thanks to cross training. hardest part would have to be the juggling of random hours of work
I good first job, very fast pace environment, learn safety as a priority, management in deli department was lacking, pay was minimal and hours where not worth it with long travel times!
i loved working there. it was a great learning experiance. the staff is friendly and the envronment was team orientated and fast paced work. i enjoyed the work, i learned alot and definatley reccomend working here if you enjoy hard work.
Pros
great pay
Cons
Great place to work at if you get the right department. Poor communication between managers. Shifts are inconsistent one day you can start at 11 am the next 6 am then the next day 10. Hard hours for parents of school age children
Pros
Great pay if you stick it out regular wage increases
Cons
Inconsistent shifts
The store was quite busy as there are not many options to choose from in Williams Lake. Overall it was a good experience for one of my first jobs in a small area.
Typical days were difficult the hours were all over the place. Learned Cashier skills and codes Learned the full aspects of photo lab, I enjoyed meeting customers and helping them find products in the store. The part I did not enjoy was working shifts that would not let me spend time on weekends with my grand children. Working all weekends was hard on family life
Cons
odd hours
The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers and many of the customers can be pleasant to serve. The company expects employees to go the extra mile for wages that are non-competitive wages and seldom gives two days off in a row for going the extra mile and also gives night morning shifts so oftentimes there are employees who are sick. A typical day at work is going at full pace working hard and listening to the same ten unpleasantly high pitched tunes blaring during the nine hour day. The workplace morale is low because the company doesn't appear to recognize that it is human beings and not profit making machines that work for them. There is high turn over which can be sad because many good employees pass thru there but don't stay long.
Pros
the expired food in the lunchroom is free
Cons
long hours, inconsistent random schedule
Save On is a friendly secure place to work. Staff is easy to get along with. Customers are friends. I would recommend Save On to students. Good cashier job.
One of the best place I've worked fun. Energy of all employees were vibrant in a joyful to be apart of. All are very welcoming in well of doing a good job.
Lots of opportunity for advancement, good pay (above minimum wage), great benefits...not always great people to work with
Wonderful job for anyone looking to interact and help people with what they are looking for. I had the privilege of making cakes for many wonderful people and bringing them joy which in turn brought myself a great deal of joy. It was a wonderful fast paced environment where you were welcomed to excel and take on as many new tasks as you wanted.
Pros
Free staff lunches, genuine caring people
Cons
Have to be available evenings and weekends
I loved my job! I worked with great people and it was a great atmosphere! The company provided benefits and were understanding! Hardest part about my job was sometimes customers did get angry if the product was not in store but I worked my way around and found the best solution possible!
A typical day at work starts with a great attitude. I have learned how to serve customers more efficiently and I've learned how to try and keep every single person happy. Management is great. They're fair, and non-judgmental.
A normal day at was was that same as most jobs long but fun i learned alot of new thing and the managers were understanding and polite. Most of the co-workers were very friendly but as in all jobs there are a few that were just plane rude and i would have to say the the hardest part of the job was when a rush happend and we didnt have the people for it. The most enjoyable part i would have to say was makeing all the new friends i did and working with them
Pros
some really great people
Cons
not alot of hours and some really rude people