Save on Foods Employee Reviews in Williams Lake, BC

Found 15 reviews matching the search See all 1,234 reviews
general work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC15 November 2019
good place to work. the community its in make it enjoyable. Learned a lot of new departments thanks to cross training. hardest part would have to be the juggling of random hours of work
Busy environment, safety conscious
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC1 February 2019
I good first job, very fast pace environment, learn safety as a priority, management in deli department was lacking, pay was minimal and hours where not worth it with long travel times!
productive and fun fast paced envronment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC26 November 2018
i loved working there. it was a great learning experiance. the staff is friendly and the envronment was team orientated and fast paced work. i enjoyed the work, i learned alot and definatley reccomend working here if you enjoy hard work.
Pros
great pay
Great job inconsistent hours
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC18 September 2018
Great place to work at if you get the right department. Poor communication between managers. Shifts are inconsistent one day you can start at 11 am the next 6 am then the next day 10. Hard hours for parents of school age children
Pros
Great pay if you stick it out regular wage increases
Cons
Inconsistent shifts
Busy
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC14 August 2018
The store was quite busy as there are not many options to choose from in Williams Lake. Overall it was a good experience for one of my first jobs in a small area.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC1 August 2018
Typical days were difficult the hours were all over the place.
Learned Cashier skills and codes
Learned the full aspects of photo lab,

I enjoyed meeting customers and helping them find products in the store.

The part I did not enjoy was working shifts that would not let me spend time on weekends with my grand children. Working all weekends was hard on family life
Cons
odd hours
lots of stress for little pay
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC15 May 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers and many of the customers can be pleasant to serve.

The company expects employees to go the extra mile for wages that are non-competitive wages and seldom gives two days off in a row for going the extra mile and also gives night morning shifts so oftentimes there are employees who are sick.

A typical day at work is going at full pace working hard and listening to the same ten unpleasantly high pitched tunes blaring during the nine hour day.

The workplace morale is low because the company doesn't appear to recognize that it is human beings and not profit making machines that work for them. There is high turn over which can be sad because many good employees pass thru there but don't stay long.
Pros
the expired food in the lunchroom is free
Cons
long hours, inconsistent random schedule
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC27 May 2017
Save On is a friendly secure place to work. Staff is easy to get along with. Customers are friends. I would recommend Save On to students. Good cashier job.
Well oginized
Cashier /Deli (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC16 January 2017
One of the best place I've worked fun. Energy of all employees were vibrant in a joyful to be apart of. All are very welcoming in well of doing a good job.
Great plae to work
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC5 January 2017
Lots of opportunity for advancement, good pay (above minimum wage), great benefits...not always great people to work with
A wonderful familyenviroment
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC20 December 2016
Wonderful job for anyone looking to interact and help people with what they are looking for. I had the privilege of making cakes for many wonderful people and bringing them joy which in turn brought myself a great deal of joy.

It was a wonderful fast paced environment where you were welcomed to excel and take on as many new tasks as you wanted.
Pros
Free staff lunches, genuine caring people
Cons
Have to be available evenings and weekends
Save On Foods
DELI CLERK/GROCERY GENERAL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC18 June 2016
I loved my job! I worked with great people and it was a great atmosphere! The company provided benefits and were understanding! Hardest part about my job was sometimes customers did get angry if the product was not in store but I worked my way around and found the best solution possible!
Great Place to Work...Not A Lot of Room for Growth
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC14 May 2016
A typical day at work starts with a great attitude. I have learned how to serve customers more efficiently and I've learned how to try and keep every single person happy. Management is great. They're fair, and non-judgmental.
fun working
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC24 January 2014
A normal day at was was that same as most jobs long but fun i learned alot of new thing and the managers were understanding and polite. Most of the co-workers were very friendly but as in all jobs there are a few that were just plane rude and i would have to say the the hardest part of the job was when a rush happend and we didnt have the people for it. The most enjoyable part i would have to say was makeing all the new friends i did and working with them
Pros
some really great people
Cons
not alot of hours and some really rude people