Save On Foods

Save On Foods Employee Reviews in Surrey, BC

Surrey, BC77 reviews

Found 77 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,776 reviews
savesaveongroceryfoodunionstoredepartmentwage

Nice place to work but can be really busy

It’s a pretty great place to work with good pay if your just a teenager but the job can get difficult at times depending on the department you work in.

Pros

Pay is $16.20

Cons

Short shifts

Dead end

Over worked .. underpaid .. like being in high school .. union .. everyone is lazy ! Raises are 10 to 40 cents a year roughly .. work HARD to live a mediocre life

Insights into Save On Foods

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

A great and friendly place to work

A typical day would be very nice and collaborative. The coworkers were almost always willing to help. Management was very organized. After a while, you get used to customer communication.

Pros

Great coworkers, kind environment

Cons

sometimes very fast paced

Productive and fun workplace, suitable for everyone

It's a productive and fun workplace, suitable for everyone. No matter if you're just starting out in the workforce, or you're a veteran, there's something for everyone.

Great work but inconsistent hours

Start the day off by organizing paperwork and loading your van. Depending on how many orders you have this first hour will be the hardest part of your shift. Then you go out and make all your deliveries and come back to your store and unload. Your day could be really busy and work 8 hours, or you could have less than 3 hours work. just depends on the day.

Pros

freedom, work alone

Cons

inconsistent hours

Not a bad place to start off

Not a bad place to work in. Employees are very welcoming and almost like a family. However, management can be somewhat frustrating at times. Depending on the manager, they give you a very hard time with simple tasks such as calling in sick for a legitimate reason.

Pros

Environment, benefits, discount

Cons

Pay, management

It’s a good work place depending on the management. Management is constantly switched around which can change the work environment.

It’s an okay job it can be toxic here and there as there is a lot of drama in the departments. Management changes every year so the environment depends on how the managers and supervisors are. You have to bag customers grocery in there bags which is annoying because some of the bags are dirty and really smelly.

Pros

Flexible with school

Cons

Toxic environment

Okay

Pretty solid job to start with. Close commute for me. Made a lot of friends that I hang with outside of work to. You can change your hours a lot but the shifts are always different. You can be opening and closing back to back. Overall not bad

Pros

Free item every week

Cons

Scheduling

Good pay terrible management

Working there for 3 months it was good pay but overall the experince was time consuming and stressful. The management were terrible to some people especially to me which is why im not working there anymore and the scheduling was very strict even for people doing school at that time. Overall id reccomend this job incase its your first but dont expect it to be too enjoyable

Pros

Good break times/ pay

Cons

Strict scheduling and management

Worst company to work with

This is the worst place to work at. We are always overworked and underpaid. The managers are not good here, they don’t care about your health and just want u to work. The schedule is so messed up, I cannot even start to explain. Please do not apply here, its not just one store, every store of SOF is messed up.

Pros

Cons

Many. All of it

Fun work place

Team work is high there. Everyone held everyone with their job duties. Excellent place to work tons of good staff. Perks with the rewards card for the staff.

Pros

Fresh fruit for staff in lunch room

Cons

Night hours

Not recommended

Like most companies they sucker you in with all the good stuff. Wages, benefits. Then change their own employee handbook a few months down the road. This is just not a place too work. Management is horrible. Supervisors come off as threatening.

Cons

A busy work enviroment with friendly people.

Everyone was quite kind to each other, and the managers were understanding, shifts could get very busy and hectic, but I never felt particularly stressed, just had my hands full.

Pros

Encouraging work space.

Cons

Difficult weekends.

Union - Bad Hours

They are driven by the rules of the union and are strict with amount of hours they give. Scheduler is childish and will give you bad hours if you complain. Even if you are willing to work more they won't give you hours. They often change schedule after its been posted, sometimes multiple times, so it is hard to schedule life events. Some people are hard to work with, others are very nice. They appreciate people with a good work ethic.

Save on foods review

Its great working with save on foods. The stuff and costumers are friendly. I recommend my friends to work there. I recommend my family to work there too. Great place to work and the union is great to UFCW 1518.

Great Team

They provided a lot of training and sufficient guidance throughout the first few months. The team was very inclusive and helped with training. Great Staff

It's a good place to work for

No set schedule, makes it difficult to plan. Fast paced environment, multicultural. If you are a driver you're your own boss. Most of the time going back to same customers which is very convenient.

Productive and enjoyable work place to be at

It was a joy to work at Save On Foods in South Surrey, as a cashier, and seeing my dearest friends from Wendy's Restaurant that I use to work at, and they came to see me which was a nice surprise, and the hardest of being a cashier was to do the check an customer gave you do that stuff on the back of it, and also people that smelled like pot couldn't stand the smell, and had to get another employee to take over for me. Was sure nice to meet different cultures in this world that we all live in.

Work

While working at save on foods I made a lot of new friends since everyone there is quite nice. But the management is not the best. They don’t really care about there workers and there life’s. They care more about the company. Working with people I can call my friends was the best part because we got to talk while get our work done. Though it was stressful coming in everyday because you never really know what to expect from the managers that day.

It was a fair place to work at. Very fast paced if working as a cashier. It takes a while to gain seniority and sometimes it is not accounted for properly.

productive fun place to work

everyday is different , a great job on account of it is flexible and you never have to take work home with you . People are great and if desired you have the ability to move up quickly with in the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save On Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement