Save on Foods Employee Reviews in Surrey, BC

Found 57 reviews matching the search See all 1,193 reviews
Productive and Reliable store
General Clerk/Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 September 2019
The hardest part of the job is working on cash with difficult customers. The management can sometimes be unreasonable and not always understanding from their staffs point of view. It is a very clique filled company, you sometimes feel like you can't trust anyone.
Pros
Mostly friendly staff
Cons
Not always following your schedule restrictions, sometimes unreasonable management
It was great
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 September 2019
I learned a lot of different things
Dealt with money
Customers
Closing my departments
What I like the most was being a cashier
The hardest part was the meats because I wasn’t use too but I did it at the end because I got use too it.
The management was awesome
All the employees were awesome
fun environment
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 June 2019
loved the employees i worked with,love how the breaks were all scheduled if you worked on the front end, bakery was my favourite department as was floral as well.
Pros
extra points
Cons
standing for a long time
If you hate working nights and weekends, don't apply
General clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 June 2019
When you're new, you pretty much only get the closing shifts for a long time until you get some seniority and even then it's not guaranteed you'll get any day shifts. They WILL call you to pick up shifts on your day off and/or ask if you can come in earlier/stay later. If you want a day off you have to book it 3 weeks in advance.
Pros
lots of hours. you get trained in more than one department, occasional employee lunch
Cons
late shifts, weekends, no life, no time with family, getting days off can be difficult
Save on foods
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC21 April 2019
Can be busy at times and relaxed at other times. Management is not the best. The pay is not worth it at all, I feel like we are worked more and paid less for the job. Often times we are under-stafffed and those working are killed with the long lineups.Okay for part-time but I could never do it full time.
Good Job
Restaurant Team Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 April 2019
Good service and co-operation
I always feel immensed to work here.
Due to health issues I have to quit with them, but I always miss them and their work
This is a delightful market
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC cloverdale21 March 2019
Every person is smiling and patient in the work. People are all helpful. My English is not very good. I want to practice my listening and speaking. I am afraid that people are angry with me when I say wrong. I feel people are kind in save on food, so I want to try to get a job in here. I live in cloverdale, I want to the local near my home.
Okay place to work
Restaurant Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 January 2019
Good beginner job for experience. Coworkers for the most part are great. Expect to be called in on days off. Job gets repetitive. Have to find things to do when not busy with customers.
Pros
Always food in Employee lounge
Good start to career
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 January 2019
Save on Foods developed my communication and time management skills. It is a good place to start your career. A good environment to work and also flexible.
easy, not stressful
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 January 2019
Love the people i worked with there , they were super nice and helped me every step of the way. it was easy and not stressful at all i would so work with any save-on-food company
ok for students
General clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 January 2019
my store specifically had a rag tag management, mixed directions from most and a lot of slack employees would be kept over those who are hard working because they suck up to management.
its affine place for a student looking for seasonal work but the long term is short lived, they make many promises to promote those who want it but rarely deliver to those who excel. the union is also not very helpful at backing employees or investigating issues in regards to management.
Pros
free deli foods and baked goods when not picked up
Cons
horrible management choices
KITCHEN/RESTAURANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 December 2018
Store management is quite young. All working towards Regional Director positions. Currently the CBA is not paying enough to retain people, and they are being lost....
Pros
Great Online learning tools
Cons
Salary
sucked
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 November 2018
hated it. for such a ' well established' company they are unorganized, rude and so much more. there pay is 10 cents over minimum wage
after taxes its nothing. as a cashier your pulled from till to till, running around the store.
Fun work environment with lots of opportunities
Cashier/General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 September 2018
The many different departments ensured that work was never boring or repetitive. Very steady hours and the company was great about giving you the time off that you needed.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Great Co-workers, flexible hours
Cashier/Customer Service/General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 September 2018
As a cashier/general clerk you are constantly on your feet interacting with customers and helping out around the store. The past 3 years at Save On have been good. The people you work with at Save On are very helpful and friendly. However, it seems that sometimes management interferes a bit too much. This not only makes customers mad sometimes, it also puts more stress on employees. Also, the pay could be a bit better for the amount of work you actually do. Overall, it is a good job for students looking for some part time work and can open up more opportunities in the future.
Pros
You gain great customer service experience
Cons
Pay could be better
Good Experience
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 August 2018
for a first job it isn't too bad, management was understanding about anything. working with a friend definitely enhanced the experience. Learned how to be independent and how life works
Pros
Plenty of breaks
Cons
Long Hours
Everyone is friendly and great to work with
Restaurant Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 July 2018
My day is always different and it also depends on the shift that I am working

I really enjoying the people that I work with, they definitely make work a lot more enjoyable
Great Student Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 July 2018
I was blessed to work for such a great employment and learned great a lot of new skills in customer service and deli field for a student thriving to work and make ends meet its a fun and reliable job. amazing work environment. very clean and organized and helpful knowledgeable staff willing to help you with whatever and when ever. great experience her while i was attending school thank you Save on Foods. :)
Pros
great staff friendly management
Cons
expectation is excessive for rate of pay.
Good Work Experience, And Employees.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 July 2018
Save on Foods has a lot of good people. Management needs A LOT of work, Complaints big one, unorganized, not so loyal/trustworthy. Lots of gossip too.
Pros
Night shift gives a $2 Premium, and easy simple work.
Cons
Management and Employees on Night shift as well as Supervisors, will lie, gossip, try to fire other people.
late night shift
bakery assisstant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 July 2018
prepped bakery for opening morning, single closer, cleaned and served guests while getting morning prep done, was a first job, lonely area of the store when performing closing shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save on Foods. Our community is ready to answer.