Save on Foods

Save on Foods Employee Reviews in Richmond, BC

Found 17 reviews matching the search See all 1,237 reviews
it was the worst job I ever had ,was treated badly buy grid A and the management.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  ironwood Richmond b.c29 December 2019
I would never recommend save on to anyone.grid A people did dis honest things.for example took very long breaks,shopped on company time.got away with everything.the management saw what the grid A was doing all the time and looked the other way.for everyone looking for a job don’t apply at save on foods they treat all grid B people like you don’t matter.run the other way .
not the place for work
Cashier/ deli worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC3 September 2019
not the best place to work the managment was not the best the enviormnet was sad and depressing i dont reccomend anyone to work here if u are looking for a good enviorment
Never a dull moment !
Front End Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC21 July 2019
While dealing with a job in retail is nothing but easy, the company and the people you work with make all the difference. Ive enjoyed my time here at save on foods. The people I work with, and the friendships ive made will always have a lasting impression on me. 7 years in this company. Management is nothing but understanding with personal needs (ex. mental health), scheduling is as accommodating as possible with school and outside things, and honestly the people here are wonderful. Great trainers, staff and everything in between. Some of the connections ive made here are the most important in my life.
Pros
Flexible schedule when dealing with school. Ability to request days off easily online.
Cons
Shifts are not always the same. If you are trained lots of places, they WILL move you around a lot.
Over worked and stressed for minimum wage.
General Clerk/Meat Department Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 July 2019
The general clerks had some of the hardest jobs in the store. Dealing with customers was the most annoying part but also from the management too. The employees were generally really nice but you can tell that most people were burnt out and miserable from working here. I luckily managed to get a position in the meat department, which in my store was the easiest department to work for. The union did nothing for us but we still had to pay a union fee. People that worked for minimum wage ended up getting less than minimum wage because of it. The most enjoyable part of the job was probably working with the coworkers I got closest with.
Pros
Scheduled 3 weeks in advance, free snacks sometimes, good co-workers.
Cons
Over worked, underpaid.
Save on food a typical first job
general clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 May 2019
i worked at ironwood for two years yet they only increased my wage by $0.15. you have to work in multiple department and work long hours. i have to say the coworkers are nice but management sucks and scheduling is the worst about this place your shift for the entire week can be changed completely within a day don't make any plans unless you request time off and don't expect any discounts
Pros
friendly coworkers, learn customer service skills
Cons
long hours, forced to work in multiple department even if you have no experience in that department
Typical odd job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 July 2018
on call shifts,no stability,continuous standing,sometimes late evening shifts too,no great engagement with employees,lots of favouritism wrt salaries and sheduling
Great employers!
Grocery Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 October 2017
i have only been here for a few months but it has proven to be one of the best choices i have made career-wise. Hours are slow to start but once you are trained in more departments your hours will increase!
Pros
benefits after 3 months, decent wages to start, very friendly work environment
Cons
short hours to start; Full time not available until a full year with the company.
Fun place great people
Restaurant Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC14 September 2017
Fun place with great people everyone is super nice and friendly. sometimes employees mess up leaving you to fix the problem. managers didn't order products leaving shelf and display cases empty. For new employees, bad hours, start late with a 4 hour shift or no shifts at all, basically on call the first few months.
Pros
sometimes free lunch parties
Cons
sometimes rude customers or other employee mess ups
Great place to work hard and learn many different skills. My favourite job.
general grocery clerk (Former Employee) –  Ironwood, Richmond, B.C.15 March 2017
You would work in different departments, and learn anything from how to stock shelves, unload trucks, set up floral displays, clean, cull and fill the produce department, or helping customers on the service desk. My favourite job ever.
Pros
Able to book unpaid days off, and flexible schedules.
Cons
Working an early morning shift and then a late night shift the day after. Hard on the body.
Not that great
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC28 January 2017
I worked at this ironwood save on for 2 years and the only enjoyable thing in there we my coworkers. The management and supervisors wont care about you and will belittle you. The only reason one would want to get this job is if youre struggling to find a job anywhere else.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Management, supervisors and everthing else
Fun place
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 January 2017
Work/life balance is really hard as its a union, hours are based on seniority. Also pay could be a little bit better specially when you work multiple departments.
Pros
great environment
Cons
low pay, long hours, have to work multiple departments
A fun place to work
Casual Part time (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 November 2016
Preparation and stocking of daily food items for consumption
Learned to be flexible
Management is fun
Co-workers are special and work very hard
Hardest part of job is lifting heavier food boxes
Most enjoyable is the atmosphere and people
Pros
Fun atmosphere and meeting customers
Cons
Not enough hours
Like to talking with customers
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 August 2016
Everybody work as a team and we always happy to serve customers which makes every customers happy. Although there's some customers complain or concern, we still have patience to find a way to solve customers problem.
Save on
Deli Clerk, Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC17 October 2015
Great place to work. Good management and coworkers are fun and lovely to work with at every store. Very flexiable with scheduales.
Pros
free lunches, good coworkers
Cons
lots of scheduale changes
good place to work, friendly and safe.
Natural Foods Advisor and General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 January 2013
most work days are busy, with lots to do. We learn new things all the time and improve ourselves. The management is good and fair, they do what is necessary to run the store. Our co-workers are friendly, family oriented people. Handling inconsistent and late shifts. We enjoy interacting with our customers and co-workers.
Pros
we always have food available in the staff room.
Cons
late and inconsistent shifts.
fast paced hard work empowering
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 November 2012
this company was great to work with for 20 years. i learned great customer service skills. time management and organizational skills. learned how to lead a team and to be part of a team. the hardest part of the job was graveyard shifts.
the best part was managing the bulk foods section and having the freedom to make it my own. accomplishing great things
Pros
great co workers and pay
Cons
the shifts arent consistant unless you have senoriy