Save on Foods

Save on Foods Employee Reviews in Kamloops, BC

Found 25 reviews matching the search See all 1,234 reviews
Great customer service approach
Cashier and General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC17 January 2020
SOF is all about developing your customer service and problem solving skills. It is without a doubt the most customer oriented chain of grocery store. It also provides great scope for growth
Loved my job in E-Commerce
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC9 December 2019
Fast on a busy day, not enough help at times, and other times too many people working at once.

My hrs kept getting cut, and at the same time 2 other women were hired and only my hours were split with them.

They did not seem to care that I had to move once, to afford my apt., but continued to cut my hrs in order to hire the 2 other women.

was constantly critiqued on my job performance even though I thought I was doing a great job, always kept busy, and really enjoyed what I did.

Management was not looking out for my best interest but for the interest of my supervisor, who I thought was very unfair and critical.
Really liked working in Ecommerce
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC30 October 2019
A good place to work if they gave me enough hours to pay rent and my bills.
E-commerce was a job i loved, the supervisor was not the best and management was just ok
Great job but...
Personal delivery assistant (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC30 August 2019
The work itself was awesome. The customers were great and you fellow peers were great as well. My only issue was the unprofessional, rude and sometimes downright ignorant team lead. I would not have left if it wasn’t for that.
Only reason I didn’t give a better rating
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 April 2019
The management doesn't advance hard working staff. You do alot of work at the till. But i did enjoy learning when i was there.
I enjoyed the bakery part of it and the till let me learn a few things i did not know.
Good student job
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC31 March 2019
-Difficult to get time off
-Hard to get hours when new but as you gain seniority you are guaranteed hours
-Not much choice in shift start or end times
-Easy job
Pros
Easy work
Cons
minimum wage (very hard to increase wages)
fun workplace, friendly environment.
Cashier, Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC17 January 2019
Cool managers, supporting and fun environment, flexible hours.
Do what is required and you'll always be appreciated by everyone.
Lots of support and help by team members in the beginning of job.
Everthing
Full-time Cash Register and Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC18 October 2018
Anything help to get a job as soon as possible and I have been in the searching for 4 months nothing for the job.so anyone will help to find me a job anything.
Productive and family-like coworkers
Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC3 October 2018
Fun, fast paced work. Lots of incredible staff. Lots of opportunity to advance in the company, whether managing or working in the Langley head office.
Pros
great staff
Cons
not overly flexible hours
General Clerk Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC24 September 2018
This is an okay job for someone just entering the work force. IT IS NOT A CAREER unless you are a supervisor or manager and even then...
Your shifts vary from day to day and it is very difficult to plan a life and go to personal and social events outside of work. New workers (less that 6 years) almost never get time off on the weekend. Forget about joining a club unless you restrict your days of work. The maximum days per week you allowed to restrict is one, even if you restrict the number of hours.
Benefits are minimal on the medical and dental etc.
Most people you work with are fine.
Customers are the hardest part of the job. Some of the customers are terrible. They can treat you any way they want to. Customers can be as rude as they want to be to an employee and management will ALWAYS TAKE THE CUSTOMER'S SIDE over the employee's side. Not only that the cashier will be written up if they call the customer on their nonsense. I don't know many people who enjoy being a cashier.
Pros
It is better than a kick in the pants!!!
Cons
Pay and very difficult work
Great store
Full-time Cash Register and Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC9 July 2018
Customer first and nothing helping team work as a team people was nice and helpful and great learn experience everything lots to learn first day free lunch bc they offer the lunch on them
Easy, unionized, but sporadic hours
Kamloops - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC24 June 2018
This job was pretty easy but had its flaws. Scheduling works on a seniority basis. This means, I was at the bottom of the totem pole for many months when first working there. After my training shifts, I was getting MAYBE 4 hours a week. I was told multiple times that If i stuck through it, my hours would get better but I never saw that happen. Due to the sporadic hours, I found myself very ill-trained and lacking knowledge considering how long I had worked there. To re-iterate, I was getting maybe an average of 4 hours a week, most of the time, less than that. When I requested a few days off for a mandatory event, I was told they were denied because I may be needed to cover the senior staff shifts that they don't want to work. I went to the union to try to find they best way to approach this problem. There was no easy compromise and this ultimately is why I quit.
A great place to work would love to work there again
Cashier (Part-time) & Deli Counter (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC19 March 2018
Enjoying working in a relaxed but professional atmosphere. Working in the Deli department was hard work as we were extremely busy meeting all of our customers needs.
Fine place for a temporal job
Wine advisor (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC5 February 2018
Management could be overwhelming and lack understanding. Some time it feels like you're on glass-ceiling and the advancement is really slow. Pay is not sufficient for the amount of job you are required to do.
Doesn't worth it!
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC3 October 2017
I worked there for a month and half.
-Coworkers were very friendly
-Management is good as well
-You work very hard for 11$
-You are on call for any schedule change in 24hrs
-They call you in your days off to see if you can come if someone sick.
-You work in retail so be ready to see crazy customers
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
low wage, crazy customers, a lot to do
Good place to start, but not really long-term for everyone
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC25 August 2017
The staff is welcoming. Schedules are organized well, and the hours are good. All around, it's a good place to get started. I wouldn't see myself staying forever though.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally, benefits after a year, focused on community
Cons
Raises don't happen often, drama between staff at times
Fun
Cashier and grocery stock (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC7 July 2017
Working at save on foods was very fun and I was able to learn many skills in a faced paced environment. Being around such a great group of people that are very helpful and nice people that do a lot to better the work place.
Flexible schedule and cross training
Cashier/ Deli clerk (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC10 May 2017
In the deli department, I would assist customers and serve deli products. I learned to work as a team member and to multi-task when working on production. The hardest part of the job is to complete extra work tasks when a coworker calls in sick. The small group of employees would then have to delegate tasks efficiently. As for the enjoyable part of work, I'd say working with the Grid B employees because we share the same employee rights and payscale. The Grid B employees are fun to work with and create a positive atmosphere in the workplace. The Grid A employees voted out the Grid B employees in 1997 from having additional employments benefits and security.
Pros
flexible schedule, cross training
Cons
lack of benefits, unfair pay wages, segregation of employees
Great environment but hectic schedule
Part-time Cashier - Summer Job (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC6 March 2017
I worked at the Save on in Sahali (Kamloops). The staff were great and friendly (most of them) and management was okay, but the schedule was the only thing I had an issue with. If you needed a day of you couldn't ask for it if it was within 3 weeks of the current date, and the schedule was CONSTANTLY changing; you had to check every time online before you went into work to see if you were still actually working.
Pros
Free food in the break room, 3 breaks/day (15, 30, 15)
Cons
bad schedule
fast pace and fun environment with the chance of advancement.
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC22 February 2017
it was fruitful experience of working in such organization.

Day to day work was fast paced and busier then any other jobs.at the same time we were getting productive outcome of our effort. There are change in duty for everyday task and change in department as well. Teamwork and communication was the key at the workplace. management established appropriate and correct communication channels in horizontal as well as vertical organization structure which was the key of our success. individual as well as a team.

Management was supportive as well as encouraging for the front line employees. All the employees were getting recolonization as well as chance to advance their career. not only in the organization, but in market also. job rotation provides fair chance to be trained in desired department to every employees.

I was able to polish my communication skills and customer service skills on this job as well as i learned new techniques for organization and time management skills. i observed some of H.R best practices and learned about technical aspects of the retail field such as inventory management and people management.
Pros
paid vacation time, free lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save on Foods. Our community is ready to answer.