Save on Foods Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Found 159 reviews matching the search See all 1,234 reviews
connecting with customers and other employees.
Volunteer work at SaveOnFoods (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 June 2016
It was fun volunteering every first Tuesday of the month. I liked the fact that I was able to connect with the customers. Help them carry their bags and help the cashier bag the customers items that they bought.
Good place to start
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 May 2016
Nice place to start gaining experience in the work field.
Best part of the job is the co-workers.
Management could use some improvement but they will get there.
Stadium location was a great place to work.
Cashier, PT, Stadium location (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2016
Good management support and training, with various departments working well together as a team to meet overall goals. To this day, years after working there, I still enjoy shopping there and catching up with my former co-workers.
Fast paced and exciting
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2016
A lot of unqualified workers , but great higher ups. The management was very professional and they ran a tight ship. Hardest part was picking up the slack of other people, sometimes taking the lead is necessary.
Great Experience with customers
Department Specialist (Deli) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2016
good job to improve on customer service/satisfaction, multitasking skills were used a lot, energetic place to work at especially with fun out going people.
okay
Cashier/ costumer service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 February 2016
learnt PLU codes
learnt to deal with costumers
learnt to handle upset costumers
learnt the store
learnt how to bag groceries
learnt how to use the intercom
Good overall
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2016
I worked in many different locations over 13 years of employment and I was lucky enough to only encounter one manager who I did not get along with. Each store is different but overall it was great.
Repetitive work, Poor pay
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2016
Dreaded going to work. Repetitive work. Learned not to work in the grocery department. Management is poor. Co-workers were nice, and easy going. The hardest part of the job was the repetitive aspect of it, and the easiest was clocking out/breaks. This job will let your psychology eat at you if you allow it.
Pros
I can't think of one.
Cons
Most aspects of the job.
Nice people to work with and for.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2016
I enjoyed meeting some really nice people at Save- On- Foods;
at both of the stores I worked at.

For the most part, management there was very good.

I was able to bring all my skills I learned working at
Safeway to Save-On.

Working with people, both customers and staff, was the best part
of my job as Cashier.
nice part-time with flexible hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2016
Nice work environment but average management. Very flexible hours, so not a bad part-time job. Too little room for growth.
it is a very good place to work, especially if you are starting out.
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  magrath location, edmonton11 December 2015
I have worked at save-on-foods for 15 years and found it to be very friendly and welcoming to everyone. It did not matter which location that I have worked at, they are always flexible with hours and the needs that you have with your family.They are also very involved in giving back to the community.

The hard part is like any other place , dealing with cranky and angry customers. the Best part is when you help a customer find what they are missing and you get a big smile from them.
fun and productive
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 November 2015
Positive co-workers and management very challenging everyday because there's lots of customers. Also i learned that you have to be patient to people. The most enjoyable is meeting new people everyday with smile.
Happy place to work
3rd Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 November 2015
Nice place to work. Super clean out of any grocery store I have shopped at. Super friendly staff and always willing to help. Loved working with my employees.
Pros
Staff were great
Cons
Raise increase sucks every 500hrs. When I worked there 4 years, All I got was an $1.50 raise..
Save on Foods
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2015
Friendly environment, laid back, clean place, close to home, nice bosses, lots of hours, enjoy working there, flexible hours
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Low pay
Good prices, Good Workers, Somethings never change.
Grocer Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2015
I liked the Work and the People I Worked with. I liked my manager.
I did not like my rate of pay or the union they had. on a typical day i would "face" most of the shelves in the store by myself, i'm used to being the only one in my department. We also had days where fright would come in and it would be a sort of all hands on deck kinda thing. On fright days we would pull everything off the shelves and fill it from back to front. fright was my favorite day. my co-workers where mostly high school students that was just who they hired for my department nice people too. however I could not help but feel i had been going in curlicues at this point. I was 23 and doing the same kind of work I had been since i was there age with out moving up at all. the hardest part of my job was the same as any other the long bus ride to work at a building very far away.
Pros
LOTS! a T.V in the break room, food on 15% Tuesday provided for free. heath care benefits, a union
Cons
Walking through 4 blocks of snow to get to the bus home.
Lack of Organization
cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2015
I learned nothing for lack of training. They said I would get part time hours which meant one 8 hour shift once biweekly (until training happened, which never did). Management does not communicate together nor do they really respect staff. The co-workers are very helpful and understanding. The hardest part of the job is keeping manager happy. The most enjoyable part is the customers. I saw on here that it was a fun, enjoyable place to work. Wow, was I wrong!
Pros
Customers
Cons
Miscommunications, stressful
I loved it! The staff were more like family than co-workers
Head cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 October 2015
The training was very thorough. Very pleasant work environment. Management was accommodating for time off when a person had an illness or injury. Great place to work.
Amazing Company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 September 2015
This company was great, they were very willing to work with the schedule that I needed. Everybody always came to work happy, and ready to work. Even the store manager would stop by daily and just say hi, and have a small conversation.

The benefits were amazing as well. Great unionized company!
Pros
Paid Weekly
Cons
A fun and fast paced productive environment.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 September 2015
A typical day at work included me cutting cheese and helping customers, keeping our products fully stocked and our front case clean and fresh 100% of the time. I made sure that everyone I worked with that day was on task and not goofing off.

I learned how to smile everyday when I came into work and I learned how to make customers happy, even if they came to me dissatisfied.

My co-workers were very kind and supportive the majority of the time, and my manager always had something to say to improve upon my work and make me into a better employee.

The hardest part of the job was to continue putting on a smile daily when some days i really did not feel like smiling. But I managed it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with such a fantastic team that taught me so much about working, life, and most of all about myself.
fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 September 2015
I enjoy working for this company. They are flexible with the schedule. The management is good and understanding about taking time off for family events.
Pros
discounts and bonus points
Cons
favortism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save on Foods. Our community is ready to answer.