Save on Foods

Save on Foods Employee Reviews in Delta, BC

Featured review
Save on Foods selected this as a representative review
Save-on-Foods is a good place to work with good opportunity for advancement. They offer competitive wages, great benefits, and a friendly atmosphere.My co-workers were good to work with, and several became good friends.
I worked there as an e-commerce customer service representative. It was a decent work experience, not too good not too bad. The only thing I didn't like was the early 4AM four-hour shift.
Pros
no stress, easy going job
Cons
work hours, low paying job
customer service product knowledge getting to know the community managing a team. delegating tasks writing schedules I enjoyed working with people and amongst the community
the way they do their scheduling is very frustrating you could have a late shift one day followed by an early shift the next day. Even more frustrating to me was that I had limited my work hours to 24 a week thinking that would solve part of my problem but low and behold I still ended up being scheduled five days in a row. Guess they weren't smart enough to figure out three days a week means three days a week only none of this three from one week followed by two the next.
Pros
free food
Cons
scheduling
friendly coworkers, however hard to balance hours when a student, they always wanted me to work 4-11pm after finishing school at 3pm, leaving no time for homework/study
Charity work has always been a passion of mine. My mom has worked with the save on foods company for quite some time and it has given the opportunity to help raise money for children's hospital through selling raffle tickets as well as climbing the fred gingel stairs for a charity event called Climb For Kids. We have also sold stuffed bears in their honor as well. It has created the warmest memories for me and I am proud of my commitment to these events. It makes me excited for what is to come in the future.
I enjoy working there, with all great customer service I love work environment. staff and management work as friendly, wages and benefit reasonable.
> Some Lack of Supervisor make your day difficult > I learned lot in each and every job I have done > I had a very good felling working with management > I Have good Relationship w/ Co-worker & still in contact > Lot work left from last shift worker for closing shift worker > Helping others, dealing with children, Interacting with pepole
Pros
Once a Month Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours Standing
Doing demos find Boring Learn to work in bakery as a beker and to prepare cakes Management was excellent to work with and learn from them Get along and fun to work with co-workers I Do not find any thing hard other than lifting weight over 20- 25 lbs Setting displays or helping with cutomer needs
Pros
Free Lunchs once or twice a month or Hard Work reconigation
Cons
Long Hours without proper breaks
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Save on Foods?
I liked working at Save on Foods. Busy place that I learned a lot.The management very nice people. Everyday I had a fun at work.I did not had a any difficulties working in this envirement I enjoyed...My co-workers was awsome very helpfull.
An amazing place to work and works around your life style as many as hours you want to work. Great benefits and pay is great too. You get lot of increases. How can I forget to mention amazing staff lunches and discounts. Staff is great. I have nothing negative to say about this company. I would recommend anyone to work for Save on Foods.
Pros
great staff, great hours, work as many hours you like.