Save On Foods

Canada1,650 reviews

Found 1,650 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,683 reviews
savesaveongroceryfoodunionstoredepartmentwage

Productive and fun workplace

It is an excellent place to work if you want to start in retail and the work is not very difficult. Also, it feels like the management care about you.

Not a bad workplace considering it is retail

Overall 3.8 out of 5. This is retail but it is a better workplace compared to Walmart. Good salary and benefits if you get at least 30hrs per week. Although, compared to other retail stores, they tend to cut more hours and you will less likely receive 30hrs per week.. This is a good part time job tho. Don’t expect too many hours from the company. But overall, good experience.

Insights into Save On Foods

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Decent place to work

Not a bad job. Pay is pretty good, nice coworkers. The top management was pretty nice, but a trainee manager was always on you about any days called in which created unnecessary stress about getting sick or any other reason needed to miss work.

Fun work place

Totally fine with the workers. Save on foodsPay minimum wage but regardless Union has a good support for all employees Difficult task for anyone but Save on foods has a team working on the site

Great Workplace!

The workplace was huge and there are so many nice coworkers. The most stressful part working at Save On would be working on cash, very fast paced at the store I work in. Hours are very flexible, can accommodate to your needs, great pay. You can be trained anywhere in the store and the other departments are very relaxed compared to cash. Overall, Save On is a very great place to work at when you have no experience or as a first job :)

High stress

Dont do it, that is unless you strive on near constant chaos. The benefits are not worth the headaches and stress. Highest turn around rate I've ever seen in my life.

Pros

Benefits, Made good friends.

Cons

High stress. Absolutely no work life balance. Low pay for whats expected

Friendly work environment

Generally a good place to work. Supervisors and other employees are supportive and willing to help when needed, Employee discount program is decent.

Pros

Discount program

Cons

Variable shifts from early morning to late evening.

Good for High school students but terrible for anyone else

Instead of giving more work hours they hire more people for a specific department so I was left barley making 200 a week which is not enough to live on. And their “raise” is a complete joke.

Pros

Free food occasionally, wifi, slower pace

Cons

Too few hours

Great, hard working team of individuals eager to make sure the customer is taken care of properly and entirely.

Save On Foods is absolutely without a doubt a great place to work. The staff not just in my area are friendly and very helpful.Management is also awesome. They listen and hear you! WOW, right? Any given day you walk in you will 1 or 2 Gentleman on the floor helping people. Mind blown, am I right?With 100% honesty Save On Foods is really an environment that is conducive with learning, helping people every day and are polite.

Stressful

The job is quite stressful and the coworkers are horrible people, the older people tend to make fun of the teenagers. I’ve seen grown women cry at work from the hostile work environment.

It's Lively

Good lively work. Busy and makes you work hard. Hardest part is cleaning the oven and lifting crates full of chickens.Most enjoyable is the people: customers, coworkers, managers.

Poor management

Very little support from management there is only one or two good members of management. Ended up getting threatened by a supervisor. The hight turnover in management and the lower level staff. Raises are based of worked hours not merit. Very stingy with full-time positions and requires you to work 1 weekend per week.

Pros

10 percent off

Cons

Poor pay high turnover poor management

Stressful and understaffed at times, but overall fun.

Shifts were all over the place until you find your own department. If you are really good at one job, they will put you in other departments until you know everything. Staff was friendly but management can be rude.

Pros

never expected to stay overtime, but had the option

Cons

little control over schedule

Highly Recommend

I've recently started working at the Langley office, and I've had some unexpected life-issues back-to-back recently. My colleagues, seniors and supervisors/management, have all made me feel comfortable and worthy of accommodating me even though I am new. I feel so happy to have finally found a position where people appreciate my presence, but still treat me like a person during difficult times. I highly recommend this office/company to everyone.

Don't apply or work at the Ironwood location

fast paced, over workload, expect to much from you. You get one day training, and then you are on your own. The management is out of touch with workers. Terrible workplace your co-workers treat you poorly and your leads have no experience, answer questions, if you make a mistake the lead and co workers belittle you and talk to you like your a baby. Co-workers swear at you sometime and then when you go to your union rep you are refered to as difficult.

Pros

above minimum wage, free lunch

Cons

co-workers are rude, and you don't dare talk to some you can be as nice as possible and still some treat you poorly

Alright job not great not terrible

It’s a job nothing exciting but it’s not a bad place to be, I find loving up is more just about seniority then actual productivity and there’s very few incentives for the harder workers

Very toxic environment

An extremely toxic place to work as management doesn't care about anyone! I highly recommend not working for the security division. Your just another number !

Pros

Cons

To Many!!

not good

i don't want to talk about it in detail, but my coworkers were all very sweet people. managers do not care about you. at all. the hardest part is the sheer weight of the expectations imposed upon you as a minimum wage worker.

Very much a family like atmosphere. The jobs aren't rocket science and the staff are great.

Save On Foods is very much a family-like atmosphere. The jobs aren't rocket science and the staff are great. I enjoyed my time with the company. I worked in the Deli in Port Hardy and the Bakery, Deli, and Cash in Williams Lake. The company offers a lot of perks and has great benefits. They treat their staff great. I would go back in a heartbeat if I could

Pros

Staff, Management, Benefits, Perks and overall moral

Cons

We all have bad days. Quit blaming your job

Fun workplace

Good workplace and co workers. Management is friendly.Wage is decent and we get 10% off groceries which is great.I would recommend working here to a friend

Enjoyed my time there

Worked night shift shopping for customers. Easy to learn, a pretty stress free experience honestly.Didn't have to wear any uniform, and no customers which is always nice.Would recommend doing night anyways, can't speak on the day shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save On Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement