Save on Foods

Save on Foods Employee Reviews

Canada1,312 reviews
Found 1,312 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Save on Foods selected this as a representative review
A good place to work.with good growth potential.
Save-on-Foods is a good place to work with good opportunity for advancement. They offer competitive wages, great benefits, and a friendly atmosphere.My co-workers were good to work with, and several became good friends.
Fun working
All the team members are really helpful. Healthy and safe environment, it’s being great with them. Somehow, people are really responsible and respectful for their given task.
I had good experience
I had good experience with save on foods. I learnt lot of good things like stocking, HMR, help costumer, how to make pizza and more. Overall, good place for work
Repetitive
Working there there was little in terms of gaining experience most of my experience was stalking shelves and facing products forward and this happened almost ever shift nothing new and no new experiences to gain.
Flexible shift
The schedule of shift is usually flexible and favourable for students. Save on foods is a place one can meet a lot of passionate team members who are ready to collaborate to achieve a common goal
Slave-On-Foods is a company built on lies
If you dont want to be a slave for a company that couldn't care less about its employees, then don't work here. The store managers are great, it's the money hungry pigs in head office that make this company a complete joke.
They say there's opportunities to advance within the company - lies.

They say they appreciate all the hard work we do - lies.

Essential and underpaid slaves is all you'll ever be with this company.
Pros
Easy interview, paid weekly, store managers care about staff and are very encouraging.
Cons
Head office workers are money hungry pigs
Best place to learn. The co-workers and managers are so helpful.
A friendly working environment. Most of the Co-workers are helpful. The schedule manager was too good. E-com was so stressful sometimes. I have learned to manage the customer.
Decent job
It can be a very boring job, you’re always doing the same thing. The people are usually very nice, we have a lot of regulars come in. Management is nice.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Save on Foods?
Super great!
Super good work environment you always have a chance to learn new things or be taught new things if your willing to learn you you or somebody needs help you can help them
Pros
Very friends work environment
Cons
No guaranteed hours
Good job
Very great job for students and getting some side money would reccomend anyone to work here especially if you love the customer service industry and helping others.
Another great place to work!
Going to be completely honest, I didn't work here for a long time. But the time that I did stay I saw dedication and variety when it comes to working at save on foods. Plenty of departments to choose from with lots of friendly faces to work with. Yes Save on foods is a great place for good hours and good money :D
No sympathy to workers.
Very bad management. They don’t know how to take good care of their employees. There is always a shortage of staff so the other workers end up working too much in their shift.
Excellent
Good management, understanding
Great benefit, covers medicine expenses and dental

Company lunch sometimes

Good balanced lifestyle

Flexibility

Hours can be long though
Worst management team. Very biased toward employees.
I used to work for Save on Foods and first few weeks were great and then the new assistant manager came in who was extremely rude and very mean toward employees. Most of my colleagues quit because of the bad behavior of this particular manager. The other management personnel were okay but they didn't want to hear anything about how the assistant manager was at the wrong and always sided with him. He is very biased and if he didn't like an employee or if you try to stand up for yourself he would then toss you in the worst department ever that you specifically asked them to not schedule in.
Reliable
Save On Foods is a great place to work if you like being around people. Work is steady and reliable. They even pay an extra $2.00/hr during this CoVid 19 pandemic, which I thought was pretty decent
Save on foods review
Its great working with save on foods. The stuff and costumers are friendly. I recommend my friends to work there. I recommend my family to work there too. Great place to work and the union is great to UFCW 1518.
A fun place to work
Save on Foods is a great place to work. There is room for advancement if you would like to upgrade your department or to try a completely new department.
Productive fun workplace, once you learn the fundamentals really relaxed and straight forward.
typical day at work was relaxing and you come in with a list of things to do usually. I learned good social skills and built a better character while I worked there. Management was good they are all fun and helpful people. hardest part of the job was probably multitasking but it was all fairly straight forward and easy. most enjoyable was the co workers.
Staff was very good. New management was great.
I was part time. I would work cashier 4-6 hours per day. What I learned is company policies and procedures. When I first started management wasn't very staff oriented. He was moved up and eventually was let go. The new manager was very hands on and helpful in all ways. The hardest part of my job was to watch for people trying to get things free. The most enjoyable part of my is knowing I helped a lot of people.
Superb management
Theyre very fair with the employees
They have the highest salary in fort st john

Shoutout to the managers in fort st john.. theyre the best

Theyre listening to their people
people are geneally great. Benefits take a long time to kick in, but there are other benefits with working on the team
we are hiring motivated people to work during this covid crisis. Company is giving us an extra $2.00 per hour and you get another $2.00 if you work overnights (not might be suitable for high school students)!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save on Foods. Our community is ready to answer.