Save on Foods Employee Reviews

Excellent Experience
Cashier/Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nelson, BC13 August 2018
Learnt a great deed from the people and the core values that the organization believed in.
My experience has been great and the exposure that I received here has been good.
Hard to work at.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Market Crossing13 August 2018
Often given times that make it hard to do anything else during the day. Other employees can sometimes be hard to work with and the Managers are very understanding
postive and negative
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2018
There is positive and negative.

For me the positive parts were getting along with my co-workers and interacting with the customers.
I also enjoyed problem solving when it was necessary.
Pros
great people
Cons
not my kind of job
Great Working Environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB10 August 2018
Great work experience. Good place to improve time management and communication and customer service skills. Flexible work hours. Responsible managers.
Good job experience
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 August 2018
Typical day at work. I come in punch in my employee number and sign in. Go to the warehouse collect my cart and begin stocking grocery items on the shelves, I learned where grocery items are, how to properly handle a box cutter, and social speaking skills has improved. I am also sometimes called to the cashier when it's very busy and bag items for the customers.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Very Strict
Fun coworkers but management was very bad.
Cashier & Stock (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC10 August 2018
The company got shutdown because of fraudulent things happening among management, plus the general manager wasn't great at managing and was not a people person. I enjoyed working with my coworkers though, they were my friends basically.
Pros
20% off meals and free drinks
Cons
Bad management
Good Place to Work Until You Want Something
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC8 August 2018
I worked at Save On Foods and it was good and they treated you well until you wanted something from them. I continuously would ask to work in different departments and they would say sure and it would never happen. I booked time off 5 months ahead of time, they said it was fine, week of comes and they all of a sudden say its not approved. Almost no room for growth either.
A relatively easy to place to work at.
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Walnut Grove, BC1 August 2018
This job was not difficult and each position was easy to learn. Save on Foods has taught me how to behave in a professional work environment. The management did their job fine, but they were not likeable. The atmosphere at Save on Foods wasn't to exciting unless a good conversation sparked between you and the customers or your employees. The hardest part of this job was getting time off as you had to request three weeks prior to the day you wanted, which causes a lot of scheduling conflict.
Cons
No employee discounts, small pay raise, benefits only apply if you work there for a long tim
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC1 August 2018
Typical days were difficult the hours were all over the place.
Learned Cashier skills and codes
Learned the full aspects of photo lab,

I enjoyed meeting customers and helping them find products in the store.

The part I did not enjoy was working shifts that would not let me spend time on weekends with my grand children. Working all weekends was hard on family life
Cons
odd hours
i find your delievering what people dont want to ? liquides anything heavy !!
Sameday Home & Business deliverys (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 July 2018
Busy Mondays , Micromanaged , the vans are in nasty shape, staff are friendly the routing needs to be sorted out ? they have these Totes for the product but they are inadequate for the job (fall over ) & no tops going to be interesting when the Monsoons arrive ?? When you start your shift u have to wait for the orders to be fully filled ? and then hunt to find the goods in the coolers ? If you get out of the store late it has a domino affect for the other drivers ! Have to think of expanding ?
Pros
friut and what not is free as long as u eat them in house
Cons
i prefer days since my other employment is ! But here u get what they give u
If you want a job that has no set hours than this is it.
Deli clerk (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 July 2018
This company will cut off your hours without even a reason and then expect you to stay. The company has cut a ton of people off and a lot of employees have to quit since there's no hours. They tell you that you'll get a minimum of 20 hours a week and I've been barely getting 4 a week. The job itself is dead, no one shows up and its rare to even see a customer since the prices are so bloated.
A nice place to work.
Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC25 July 2018
Typically the day starts with a 15 mins scrum, followed by daily routine of test script creation and execution.
It is a multicultural organization as there are lot Asians and the natives as well.
The management is super cool as they regularly visits and ask if everything is going well.
Fun place but lots to work with
Ecomm Clerk and Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 July 2018
I worked in ecomm
It was a fun place very easy job, but I was put on graveyard shifts and it was sooo hard on my body, feeing like I was working everyday and getting paid very little to do so, especially being as I was working 12-6 and only make the same as everyone else. Also very stressful being alone in the store at night. Great community and I loved the staff they were so supportive and happy I just felt the hours and stress weren’t worth the pay as well as being almost full time and get no benefits. It’s a great place to work if you’re willing to lose a lot of free time due to work and sleep.
I loved it but I couldn’t do it for long before I was having anxiety attacks before every shift.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
No benefits and horrible hours of doing graveyard and poor pay
long hours are not the easiest to work for
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC18 July 2018
Not the easiest place to work but i have done it for over 2 years now. The hours are not easy to deal with, they are all over the place with them. There expectations for some employees are very high which can make it very stressful.
Great Student Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 July 2018
I was blessed to work for such a great employment and learned great a lot of new skills in customer service and deli field for a student thriving to work and make ends meet its a fun and reliable job. amazing work environment. very clean and organized and helpful knowledgeable staff willing to help you with whatever and when ever. great experience her while i was attending school thank you Save on Foods. :)
Pros
great staff friendly management
Cons
expectation is excessive for rate of pay.
Good Work Environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 July 2018
Stable hours, clean work environment and staff willing to help. The machines being used to prepare the foods can get loud so having accurate orders is a must. Also, some machines are slightly outdated so you have to be patient with them. Especially the check-in and check-out timer.
Pros
Discount on food products, staff is engaging
Cons
Outdated machines, but otherwise good job.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK16 July 2018
A great place to work , management was really friendly and helpful. I learned about receiving standards, Save-On-Foods standards and met a lot friendly people in the process.
do not suggest working here
Food service/Restaurant clerk (Former Employee) –  Langford, BC14 July 2018
the managers are 18+ and they don't know what they are doing, they rebook you without telling you and if you are part-time you wont have any days off pretty much.
Good Work Experience, And Employees.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 July 2018
Save on Foods has a lot of good people. Management needs A LOT of work, Complaints big one, unorganized, not so loyal/trustworthy. Lots of gossip too.
Pros
Night shift gives a $2 Premium, and easy simple work.
Cons
Management and Employees on Night shift as well as Supervisors, will lie, gossip, try to fire other people.
a place where one can gain an effective experience
Cahier/Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 July 2018
It is a best place to experience the job culture and it provides job security and number of benefits to employees and their family member. Manager is very inspiring and always gets to motivate workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save on Foods. Our community is ready to answer.