Satcom Direct Employee Reviews

Great
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Viera13 February 2019
It was a great opportunity, and I learned a lot. I finally got to use Protractor with JavaScript. Got hands on experience with BDD. Learned from a senior on the business of qa.
Fast Paced, Collaborative
Bus. Dev. Director - Global Data Solutions (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FL10 April 2018
Cutting edge, incredible clients, great staff. Love the open environment along with the people I work with. Very helpful and very smart. They create things that I had never thought of. Sometimes we have trouble focusing and directions are not very clear. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Exceptional 401K, No micromanagement, fun people.
Cons
Not much direction and sometimes chaotic.
Beware
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FL 3294016 February 2018
Satcom Direct is constantly re-organizing which is counter productive and confusing to both it's employees and customers. The company has grown significantly and is profitable In spite of poor management which fails to address harassment issues in the workplace. Their answer is to bring in outside consultants to once again re-organize the company and update policies, not get rid of the problem employees. The original SD culture is gone, salaries are no longer as competitive for all positions and benefits are no longer enticing enough to lure the top talent in Brevard's competitive employment market. You now have unlimited vacation time off but it requires management approval so realistically, do you think you are going to be able to take that vacation time? Oh, but you do still have to put up with the corporate bs, occasional temper tantrum from an executive not getting their way and the expectation that your life now revolves around SD. Good Luck!
Pros
The Pros are being taken away.
Fyi
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FL14 December 2017
Be careful about this place!. There training is terrible! If don't pass the Aero IT exam they will fire you. The interview for the job was bogus. They never mentioned anything about the critically of passing there Area IT certification. Be Aware!!
Cons

Comment – 14 July 2018

Your not kidding! The CEO is terrible. I wish I can have the opportunity to tell it to his face. The guy is WEAK to say the LEAST!!!

Bad Management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom13 July 2017
This company pays well, but has no regard or care for its employees. They only give a weeks notice in your contract, to ensure they can get rid of anyone at any time. The international team are all very smart lovely individuals, but they are miserable due to poor management.

I don't recommend this company. It is better to work somewhere that cares about its employees.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Great pay / great opportunity
Internet Technician (Former Employee) –  Shelton, WA6 July 2017
I loved this job, however with a young child the sporadic hours were too strenuous. I did not feel comfortable being away from him 12-14 hours a day at times with no regular schedule.
Pros
Pay, work available, management
Cons
Hours
Good compensation and benefits; Work environment is very high paced.
Vice President, Mobile Operations Sales (Former Employee) –  Satellite Beach, FL31 October 2015
Leaders in business aviation attributed to customer focused company. Growing pains exist as the company is transitioning from a small business to a mid size business. Need more structure as they grow.
Pros
Bonus for achieving targets.
Cons
If you're not a Type A person, this company may not be for you