Sasktel

Sasktel Employee Reviews

Sasktel offers amazing salary and benefits, weeks of training to ensure success, a loyal family feel to the workplace. Highly recommend this opportunity as it is a chance to have a career that only pushes you forwards. Lots of room to grow in positions and succeed.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Shift changes without notifying
This used to be a great employer but they have really gone downhill. Demanding more and more of their employees while providing them with less and less. Great wage and benefits though and very accommodating to students but not to families.
It's been a long time since I've worked here and I have no idea what it's like there now. Because of the union there, although I'm not a big fan of them, got us good wages and benefits. I didn't like sitting at a desk and I was a young mom and didn't want to leave my children at a babysitter, so I never liked being there. Although, on the whole the people there and the company were good. And although I was there for years and my children were grown, I never got over the hatred of sitting at a desk. They used to get rid of the older people by giving big payouts, you had to meet certain criteria age and work time wise, and I just missed one of those by months. Then, shortly after, they brought in the VSP, Voluntary Severance Package and I jumped at it. It wasn't the wisest choice I'd ever made money wise. I had to take my pension out to live, which didn't last too many years. So thus, I've done many things and have experience in many different areas, but no money.
Pros
good wages/benefits
Cons
sedentary life all day long at a desk
one of the best place to work. i had enjoyed every single moment of working at this place, the staff was awesome and the management is really good. good benefits as well. the only problem is it takes long to be a permanent employee of the company
Very good and cooperative environment.collbration with team.helped each other. excellent workplace to work learned lots of new things with different prospective.
Great company with dedicated people. IT was a pleasure to be part of their transformation toward a full ICT organization. A lot of innovations in the pipeline, and a very inclusive organization.
Good work hours Good work benefits Near to home Dental benefits Good colleagues Good devices Good computers In the downtown Good managers Good cafes Good weather condition inside the building
Pros
free lunches
Cons
shot breaks
As a company Sasktel filled all my needs as far as wanting a career that paid well, looked after their employees, fully trained me as an employee, and above all created an atmosphere of dedication, caring, and advancement. I was extremely fortunate to be placed in positions of importance which challenged me but were very self rewarding. I learned so much and was blessed to have opportunities in technical training programs that were offered to me. My training course list is extensive to say the least. I don't have anything negative to say about the company--it was an absolute joy to be part of such a great organization.
Pros
Extensive training
Cons
It ended too soon!
great benefits, opportunity for continuos learning, great commission structure, work life balance is prioritized. A day at work can go very quickly, everything is very black and white there are no grey areas which makes your day job more enjoyable having no unforeseen actions or if you are wondering about something an environment is created that encourages asking.
Very good place to work at SK. friendly work environment and helpful people and manager. Salary is very good compare to the role an responsibility and work load.
Loved working for Sasktel in Estevan, the fellow co-workers made it feel like family. typically busy so day goes by pretty fast, part time with full time benefits. Bank overtime so can use for pay when needed. Benefits best I have ever had. RRSP packages were wonderful. Management is different from when I worked there but they were fairly good and understanding with real life issues.
SaskTel is a great company, and has a great work atmosphere. Joining the company with little experience was tough at first, but with help from senior guys with experience I gained lots of knowledge.
This company is definitely a crown corporation with lots of oversight and tons of micromanaging. Senior management argue and use destructive criticism to try and put down other departments but offer no advice, vision or clear outcomes that need to be achieved. The pay and benefits are great but it comes at the cost of a culture where it is hard to get support, cooperation and help from fellow employees. I notice that it is a command and control management style so if you try to suggest an alternative to your manager, director or executive you get labelled as a road block and that you can't follow directions. I've read the other reviews for SaskTel and I'm not sure what departments those employees were working in. I can say this, if you're in-scope and you just go to work to put in your time and collect a pay cheque then you may like working here. I don't suggest taking an out of scope role since I've seen how the amount of time managers are required to work is continuing to increase due to under-resourcing in-scope positions.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Culture, command and control management, no vision
Great pay, good people to work with, management is a bit scared to make a decision, and requires some prodding to get a decision but overall the best company in Canada to work for
Pros
Pay, benifits
Cons
poor managment
Its a awesome to work for. I really had fun working for SASKTEL. Its one of my favorite place to work for. I will be return to that workplace in a heartbeat.
Fast paced and ever changing work enviroment. Would be better if they offered more fulltime positions but great for someone that is looking for a casual or part time position.
I really enjoyed working at Sasktel! Great work environment and chances to earn commissions on sales. The people are excellent to work with including the managers, who are very supportive and friendly. Working together as a team was a lot of fun, we had paid meetings, potlucks, outdoor activities and many opportunities for volunteering. Highly recommend!
Pros
The People!
Working in SaskTel wasn't work, they made me feel like a was a part of a family helping others. Working in SaskTel was very rewording! Everyone was very helpful, and everyone always gets your back! Either someone from your peers or your manager! All in all, fun place to be, working there is worth it!
great job with great people to work with. many perks, good balance between life and work. lots of vacation time as well as every second friday off is a bonus
Great employer with a union at your back. Lots of political bs to deal with. They offer competitive wages and a EDO every second Friday. Would recommend them to a friend.
Pros
Earned Days Off
Cons
Political bs
Great place to work with challenging opportunities. An excellent opportunity for work and life balance. People on my teams were wonderful to work with. A positive culture throughout the organization.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Capital intensive
  1. Employee reviews