Sasktel Pay & Benefits reviews

Poor work atmosphere
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK21 May 2019
This used to be a great employer but they have really gone downhill. Demanding more and more of their employees while providing them with less and less. Great wage and benefits though and very accommodating to students but not to families.
good money and benefits
LD operator/Business office/support (Former Employee) –  1925 Lorne St11 January 2019
It's been a long time since I've worked here and I have no idea what it's like there now. Because of the union there, although I'm not a big fan of them, got us good wages and benefits. I didn't like sitting at a desk and I was a young mom and didn't want to leave my children at a babysitter, so I never liked being there. Although, on the whole the people there and the company were good. And although I was there for years and my children were grown, I never got over the hatred of sitting at a desk. They used to get rid of the older people by giving big payouts, you had to meet certain criteria age and work time wise, and I just missed one of those by months. Then, shortly after, they brought in the VSP, Voluntary Severance Package and I jumped at it. It wasn't the wisest choice I'd ever made money wise. I had to take my pension out to live, which didn't last too many years. So thus, I've done many things and have experience in many different areas, but no money.
Pros
good wages/benefits
Cons
sedentary life all day long at a desk
best place to work
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  North Battleford, SK26 November 2018
one of the best place to work. i had enjoyed every single moment of working at this place, the staff was awesome and the management is really good. good benefits as well. the only problem is it takes long to be a permanent employee of the company
Good work experience
Good computers
In the downtown
Good managers
Good cafes
Good weather condition inside the building
Pros
free lunches
Cons
shot breaks
Great Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK25 October 2018
great benefits, opportunity for continuos learning, great commission structure, work life balance is prioritized. A day at work can go very quickly, everything is very black and white there are no grey areas which makes your day job more enjoyable having no unforeseen actions or if you are wondering about something an environment is created that encourages asking.
Very good workplace
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK14 May 2018
Very good place to work at SK. friendly work environment and helpful people and manager. Salary is very good compare to the role an responsibility and work load.
great place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK2 May 2018
Loved working for Sasktel in Estevan, the fellow co-workers made it feel like family. typically busy so day goes by pretty fast, part time with full time benefits. Bank overtime so can use for pay when needed. Benefits best I have ever had. RRSP packages were wonderful. Management is different from when I worked there but they were fairly good and understanding with real life issues.
Disfunctional Culture and Senior Management
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK24 February 2018
This company is definitely a crown corporation with lots of oversight and tons of micromanaging. Senior management argue and use destructive criticism to try and put down other departments but offer no advice, vision or clear outcomes that need to be achieved. The pay and benefits are great but it comes at the cost of a culture where it is hard to get support, cooperation and help from fellow employees. I notice that it is a command and control management style so if you try to suggest an alternative to your manager, director or executive you get labelled as a road block and that you can't follow directions. I've read the other reviews for SaskTel and I'm not sure what departments those employees were working in.

I can say this, if you're in-scope and you just go to work to put in your time and collect a pay cheque then you may like working here. I don't suggest taking an out of scope role since I've seen how the amount of time managers are required to work is continuing to increase due to under-resourcing in-scope positions.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Culture, command and control management, no vision
the place to work
Combination Technician (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK5 February 2018
Great pay, good people to work with, management is a bit scared to make a decision, and requires some prodding to get a decision but overall the best company in Canada to work for
Pros
Pay, benifits
Cons
poor managment
great company
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 July 2017
great job with great people to work with. many perks, good balance between life and work. lots of vacation time as well as every second friday off is a bonus
SaskTel is an amazing place to work!
Training Specialist, Customer Service, Assignor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 March 2017
Lots of opportunity to grow and advance. Excellent management, fantastic benefits and pension. Company offers courses to help develop yourself, such as retirement courses.
SaskTel
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK3 January 2017
SaskTel is a great place to work. There are a lot of different opportunities for employees.

A day at work could be sitting at your desk programming a new phone system or being on customer site and installing the system and teaching customer all about it.

I enjoy my job quite a bit. I like the changing technology and the opportunities to try new stuff.
Benefits
Productive, Fun and Caring Work Force
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  North Battleford, SK12 July 2016
SaskTel is a crown company that provides complete support to its employees at all time. HR constantly works to improve process while union also ensures that employees enjoy their tenure at SaskTel.

Good salary, good work life balance, perfect culture at work.
Great place to work sometimes stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 February 2016
The pay was good but the job was very stressful. The company did have benefits that are better than most companies. The people are great, advancement was difficult as it is a union environment and seniority trumps ability. Expectations of employees are clear and management follows up and aides employees in improvement. I was casual part time which meant I could be scheduled from 0-35 hours per week. It can be difficult to schedule around or have other employment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Demanding work load
Good benefits good people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK12 December 2015
It is a good place to work. Benefits are great. Good pay and regular increment. Very friendly staff. People are always willing to help.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, People
Cons
Unionized advancement, Takes too long to get FT
Best people and work environment I have ever worked in.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 August 2014
Like any call centers calls become routine. The most frustrating part is not being able to make the required changes to solve a problem but having to rely on other departments to do so.

The people, management or otherwise, are great and make work an enjoyable place to be. From my experience management is beyond supportive and honestly caring.

The hardest part of the job is trying to understand what goes through the mind of some of the on site technicians. It is hard to believe sometimes but you do only hear one side (customer) of the story.

Overall WORK HERE and you will not regret it..
Pros
great pay, staff events, good people to work with, full benefits, not sales
Cons
shift work, seniority based promotions, parking downtown
Attractive store layout, comfortability to customer is a definite asset. Overall a great place, and company to work for.
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 July 2014
A company that is competitive in the Telecommunications industry. I am proud to be employed and represent a successful company, such as Sasktel.
Aside from the excellent products and services the company offers, it also consists of friendly people, good wages, and benefits. I have been fortunate to work in a variety of departments over the past 13 years, gaining beneficial knowledge where-ever I was.
I am now looking for change, with the possibility of re-locating to an alternate province.
Pros
Discount on personal services.
Good solid place to work
Technical Analyst - Security (Current Employee) –  Regina, Saskatchewan12 February 2014
Not a lot of room to move upwards, and pay/benefits are slightly lower than industry average. A very good place to work however.
Pros
Very good job security.
Productive and amazing place to learn and grow.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 June 2013
A company I would work for till I retire.A demanding position I found to be challenging and interesting. I was well compensated and Manangement and coworkers were a team.
Pros
Free Lunches/ Snacks, Wonderful work atmosphere
Cons
N/a