Sasktel

Sasktel Pay & benefits reviews

Sasktel offers amazing salary and benefits, weeks of training to ensure success, a loyal family feel to the workplace. Highly recommend this opportunity as it is a chance to have a career that only pushes you forwards. Lots of room to grow in positions and succeed.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Shift changes without notifying
Community support was incredible from SaskTelPériple and exécutives were amazing, flexible and knowledgeableCompensation packagesA bit too sales focused
Benefits
Cons
Sales focused
I was at SaskTel for 16 years and moved within departments quit a few times. This is a great place to work if you are looking for good pay and benefits. They are very focused on sales.
Pros
Money and Benefits
Cons
Unrealistic sales goals.
My time at SaskTel was filled with many opportunities to provide great service to our Customers and to learn a myriad of skills and information. It was an excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Pros
Great benefits, work life balance, professional development opportunities
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement
A welcoming workplace with regular meetings and project updates. Working closely with the management team on various projects and development opportunities provided to give a good work life balance. Amazing benefits provided for full time staff.
I have a very good work group. We all get along and work well together. SaskTel has great benefits and my manager allows for a great work life balance.
SaskTel provided me with numerous opportunities and training to work my way up to a great career. The company also has good benefits and promotes community involvement.
I personally had a good experience working there. I moved and couldn't work remote.Team and culture were amazing. Absolutely wonderful place to work at. Incredible employee benefits and workplace environment.
good company to work for, good salary, good job security, fair and open, lots of good opportunity, good job culture overall a good company to work for
Pros
good company
Cons
not the location I wanted
This used to be a great employer but they have really gone downhill. Demanding more and more of their employees while providing them with less and less. Great wage and benefits though and very accommodating to students but not to families.
It's been a long time since I've worked here and I have no idea what it's like there now. Because of the union there, although I'm not a big fan of them, got us good wages and benefits. I didn't like sitting at a desk and I was a young mom and didn't want to leave my children at a babysitter, so I never liked being there. Although, on the whole the people there and the company were good. And although I was there for years and my children were grown, I never got over the hatred of sitting at a desk. They used to get rid of the older people by giving big payouts, you had to meet certain criteria age and work time wise, and I just missed one of those by months. Then, shortly after, they brought in the VSP, Voluntary Severance Package and I jumped at it. It wasn't the wisest choice I'd ever made money wise. I had to take my pension out to live, which didn't last too many years. So thus, I've done many things and have experience in many different areas, but no money.
Pros
good wages/benefits
Cons
sedentary life all day long at a desk
one of the best place to work. i had enjoyed every single moment of working at this place, the staff was awesome and the management is really good. good benefits as well. the only problem is it takes long to be a permanent employee of the company
Good work hours Good work benefits Near to home Dental benefits Good colleagues Good devices Good computers In the downtown Good managers Good cafes Good weather condition inside the building
Pros
free lunches
Cons
shot breaks
great benefits, opportunity for continuos learning, great commission structure, work life balance is prioritized. A day at work can go very quickly, everything is very black and white there are no grey areas which makes your day job more enjoyable having no unforeseen actions or if you are wondering about something an environment is created that encourages asking.
Very good place to work at SK. friendly work environment and helpful people and manager. Salary is very good compare to the role an responsibility and work load.
Loved working for Sasktel in Estevan, the fellow co-workers made it feel like family. typically busy so day goes by pretty fast, part time with full time benefits. Bank overtime so can use for pay when needed. Benefits best I have ever had. RRSP packages were wonderful. Management is different from when I worked there but they were fairly good and understanding with real life issues.
This company is definitely a crown corporation with lots of oversight and tons of micromanaging. Senior management argue and use destructive criticism to try and put down other departments but offer no advice, vision or clear outcomes that need to be achieved. The pay and benefits are great but it comes at the cost of a culture where it is hard to get support, cooperation and help from fellow employees. I notice that it is a command and control management style so if you try to suggest an alternative to your manager, director or executive you get labelled as a road block and that you can't follow directions. I've read the other reviews for SaskTel and I'm not sure what departments those employees were working in. I can say this, if you're in-scope and you just go to work to put in your time and collect a pay cheque then you may like working here. I don't suggest taking an out of scope role since I've seen how the amount of time managers are required to work is continuing to increase due to under-resourcing in-scope positions.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Culture, command and control management, no vision
Great pay, good people to work with, management is a bit scared to make a decision, and requires some prodding to get a decision but overall the best company in Canada to work for
Pros
Pay, benifits
Cons
poor managment
Lots of opportunity to grow and advance. Excellent management, fantastic benefits and pension. Company offers courses to help develop yourself, such as retirement courses.
SaskTel is a great place to work. There are a lot of different opportunities for employees. A day at work could be sitting at your desk programming a new phone system or being on customer site and installing the system and teaching customer all about it. I enjoy my job quite a bit. I like the changing technology and the opportunities to try new stuff.
Benefits
Cons
SaskTel is a crown company that provides complete support to its employees at all time. HR constantly works to improve process while union also ensures that employees enjoy their tenure at SaskTel. Good salary, good work life balance, perfect culture at work.