Sasktel

Canada79 reviews

Clear
4.4Pay & benefits

opportunitybenefitlifeculturelotenvironmentgoodcompany

Great benefits and work life balance

- People are nice and helpful at work.- Many opportunities to learn new technologies.- It provides very good benefits.- Kind of slow pace working environment.

It's an OK place to work.

Not bad, not terrible. Pay's decent and with good benefits. My manager at that time was very understanding with my family situation and was able to get some time off to deal with it.

Insights into Sasktel

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Overall satisfaction

Great work/life balance

SaskTel is a great place to work. Solid pay and benefits and excellent work/life balance. The environment is fast-paced and the work is interesting and rewarding. With technology changing so rapidly, there is always something new and interesting to work on.

excellent company and great benefits

excellent company and great benefitsenjoyed my time at sasktel and the team is greatlot of flexibility and learning opportunity as wellI highly recommend !

Organized and fast-paced, extremely understanding

Sasktel offers amazing salary and benefits, weeks of training to ensure success, a loyal family feel to the workplace. Highly recommend this opportunity as it is a chance to have a career that only pushes you forwards. Lots of room to grow in positions and succeed.

Pros

Great environment

Cons

Shift changes without notifying

Sasktel

Community support was incredible from SaskTelPériple and exécutives were amazing, flexible and knowledgeableCompensation packagesA bit too sales focused

Benefits

Cons

Sales focused

Great for Benifits

I was at SaskTel for 16 years and moved within departments quit a few times. This is a great place to work if you are looking for good pay and benefits. They are very focused on sales.

Pros

Money and Benefits

Cons

Unrealistic sales goals.

I loved working with my peers and Customers at SaskTel.

My time at SaskTel was filled with many opportunities to provide great service to our Customers and to learn a myriad of skills and information. It was an excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth.

Pros

Great benefits, work life balance, professional development opportunities

Cons

Little opportunity for advancement

Good growth and development

A welcoming workplace with regular meetings and project updates. Working closely with the management team on various projects and development opportunities provided to give a good work life balance. Amazing benefits provided for full time staff.

Great people to work with

I have a very good work group. We all get along and work well together. SaskTel has great benefits and my manager allows for a great work life balance.

I loved working at SaskTel

SaskTel provided me with numerous opportunities and training to work my way up to a great career. The company also has good benefits and promotes community involvement.

Productive and fun work place

I personally had a good experience working there. I moved and couldn't work remote.Team and culture were amazing. Absolutely wonderful place to work at. Incredible employee benefits and workplace environment.

good company to work for

good company to work for, good salary, good job security, fair and open, lots of good opportunity, good job culture overall a good company to work for

Pros

good company

Cons

not the location I wanted

Poor work atmosphere

This used to be a great employer but they have really gone downhill. Demanding more and more of their employees while providing them with less and less. Great wage and benefits though and very accommodating to students but not to families.

good money and benefits

It's been a long time since I've worked here and I have no idea what it's like there now. Because of the union there, although I'm not a big fan of them, got us good wages and benefits. I didn't like sitting at a desk and I was a young mom and didn't want to leave my children at a babysitter, so I never liked being there. Although, on the whole the people there and the company were good. And although I was there for years and my children were grown, I never got over the hatred of sitting at a desk. They used to get rid of the older people by giving big payouts, you had to meet certain criteria age and work time wise, and I just missed one of those by months. Then, shortly after, they brought in the VSP, Voluntary Severance Package and I jumped at it. It wasn't the wisest choice I'd ever made money wise. I had to take my pension out to live, which didn't last too many years. So thus, I've done many things and have experience in many different areas, but no money.

Pros

good wages/benefits

Cons

sedentary life all day long at a desk

best place to work

one of the best place to work. i had enjoyed every single moment of working at this place, the staff was awesome and the management is really good. good benefits as well. the only problem is it takes long to be a permanent employee of the company

Good work experience

Good work hours Good work benefits Near to home Dental benefits Good colleagues Good devices Good computers In the downtown Good managers Good cafes Good weather condition inside the building

Pros

free lunches

Cons

shot breaks

Great Company

great benefits, opportunity for continuos learning, great commission structure, work life balance is prioritized. A day at work can go very quickly, everything is very black and white there are no grey areas which makes your day job more enjoyable having no unforeseen actions or if you are wondering about something an environment is created that encourages asking.

Very good workplace

Very good place to work at SK. friendly work environment and helpful people and manager. Salary is very good compare to the role an responsibility and work load.

great place to work

Loved working for Sasktel in Estevan, the fellow co-workers made it feel like family. typically busy so day goes by pretty fast, part time with full time benefits. Bank overtime so can use for pay when needed. Benefits best I have ever had. RRSP packages were wonderful. Management is different from when I worked there but they were fairly good and understanding with real life issues.

Disfunctional Culture and Senior Management

This company is definitely a crown corporation with lots of oversight and tons of micromanaging. Senior management argue and use destructive criticism to try and put down other departments but offer no advice, vision or clear outcomes that need to be achieved. The pay and benefits are great but it comes at the cost of a culture where it is hard to get support, cooperation and help from fellow employees. I notice that it is a command and control management style so if you try to suggest an alternative to your manager, director or executive you get labelled as a road block and that you can't follow directions. I've read the other reviews for SaskTel and I'm not sure what departments those employees were working in. I can say this, if you're in-scope and you just go to work to put in your time and collect a pay cheque then you may like working here. I don't suggest taking an out of scope role since I've seen how the amount of time managers are required to work is continuing to increase due to under-resourcing in-scope positions.

Pros

Pay and Benefits

Cons

Culture, command and control management, no vision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sasktel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement