Sasktel

Sasktel Job security & advancement reviews

Sasktel offers amazing salary and benefits, weeks of training to ensure success, a loyal family feel to the workplace. Highly recommend this opportunity as it is a chance to have a career that only pushes you forwards. Lots of room to grow in positions and succeed.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Shift changes without notifying
My time at SaskTel was filled with many opportunities to provide great service to our Customers and to learn a myriad of skills and information. It was an excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Pros
Great benefits, work life balance, professional development opportunities
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement
SaskTel is a great learning environment with exposure to many leading edge technology solutions. It is an extremely collaborative working environment
Great company to work for. I wish government understands that and keep it public. As compared to other peivate companies around, Sasktel is far better in terms of job security, job fulfillment, and work-life balance.
Pros
Crown corporation
Cons
Less opportunities to grow
I have a very good work group. We all get along and work well together. SaskTel has great benefits and my manager allows for a great work life balance.
Opportunity to growth within the role and with the organization. Good management flexible work hours and WFH . The people are generally helpful and happy which makes a good work environment.
SaskTel provided me with numerous opportunities and training to work my way up to a great career. The company also has good benefits and promotes community involvement.
I personally had a good experience working there. I moved and couldn't work remote.Team and culture were amazing. Absolutely wonderful place to work at. Incredible employee benefits and workplace environment.
good company to work for, good salary, good job security, fair and open, lots of good opportunity, good job culture overall a good company to work for
Pros
good company
Cons
not the location I wanted
It's been a long time since I've worked here and I have no idea what it's like there now. Because of the union there, although I'm not a big fan of them, got us good wages and benefits. I didn't like sitting at a desk and I was a young mom and didn't want to leave my children at a babysitter, so I never liked being there. Although, on the whole the people there and the company were good. And although I was there for years and my children were grown, I never got over the hatred of sitting at a desk. They used to get rid of the older people by giving big payouts, you had to meet certain criteria age and work time wise, and I just missed one of those by months. Then, shortly after, they brought in the VSP, Voluntary Severance Package and I jumped at it. It wasn't the wisest choice I'd ever made money wise. I had to take my pension out to live, which didn't last too many years. So thus, I've done many things and have experience in many different areas, but no money.
Pros
good wages/benefits
Cons
sedentary life all day long at a desk
Great company with dedicated people. IT was a pleasure to be part of their transformation toward a full ICT organization. A lot of innovations in the pipeline, and a very inclusive organization.
As a company Sasktel filled all my needs as far as wanting a career that paid well, looked after their employees, fully trained me as an employee, and above all created an atmosphere of dedication, caring, and advancement. I was extremely fortunate to be placed in positions of importance which challenged me but were very self rewarding. I learned so much and was blessed to have opportunities in technical training programs that were offered to me. My training course list is extensive to say the least. I don't have anything negative to say about the company--it was an absolute joy to be part of such a great organization.
Pros
Extensive training
Cons
It ended too soon!
great benefits, opportunity for continuos learning, great commission structure, work life balance is prioritized. A day at work can go very quickly, everything is very black and white there are no grey areas which makes your day job more enjoyable having no unforeseen actions or if you are wondering about something an environment is created that encourages asking.
SaskTel is a great company, and has a great work atmosphere. Joining the company with little experience was tough at first, but with help from senior guys with experience I gained lots of knowledge.
Fast paced and ever changing work enviroment. Would be better if they offered more fulltime positions but great for someone that is looking for a casual or part time position.
Great employer with a union at your back. Lots of political bs to deal with. They offer competitive wages and a EDO every second Friday. Would recommend them to a friend.
Pros
Earned Days Off
Cons
Political bs
Great place to work with challenging opportunities. An excellent opportunity for work and life balance. People on my teams were wonderful to work with. A positive culture throughout the organization.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Capital intensive
Great management and work skills.. Every one supports everyone. You can learn a lot since they have a platform where you can study from their course material also the management helps build your career which is an excellent part of being at sasktel.
Typical Day. Went to the office and discussed the workload with coworkers. helped cst's and ft's with there workloads and carried out my own individual assignments What I learned. The importance of customer service, how phone and internet systems work and basics of fiber optic transmission Management. all the managers were effective and helped individuals with there concerns. Workplace Culture. focused on the importance on teamwork. and worker involvement Hardest part of the job. dealing with upset customers, more specifically the general public of non customers who simply dislike sasktel. Most enjoyable part of the job. i enjoyed nearly every aspect of this job. i would gladly make it a career
Lots of opportunity to grow and advance. Excellent management, fantastic benefits and pension. Company offers courses to help develop yourself, such as retirement courses.
I enjoyed working there. The staff is really friendly easy to get along with. I loved that there were lots of room for growth within in the company, you can make your way up.
  1. Job Security & Advancement