Sasktel

Sasktel Culture reviews

Great place to work winky reason why left is of management choices and certain employees other then that loved working there lots of room to move up and great pay would love to be back there
I personally had a good experience working there. I moved and couldn't work remote.Team and culture were amazing. Absolutely wonderful place to work at. Incredible employee benefits and workplace environment.
good company to work for, good salary, good job security, fair and open, lots of good opportunity, good job culture overall a good company to work for
Pros
good company
Cons
not the location I wanted
Very good and cooperative environment.collbration with team.helped each other. excellent workplace to work learned lots of new things with different prospective.
Great company with dedicated people. IT was a pleasure to be part of their transformation toward a full ICT organization. A lot of innovations in the pipeline, and a very inclusive organization.
This company is definitely a crown corporation with lots of oversight and tons of micromanaging. Senior management argue and use destructive criticism to try and put down other departments but offer no advice, vision or clear outcomes that need to be achieved. The pay and benefits are great but it comes at the cost of a culture where it is hard to get support, cooperation and help from fellow employees. I notice that it is a command and control management style so if you try to suggest an alternative to your manager, director or executive you get labelled as a road block and that you can't follow directions. I've read the other reviews for SaskTel and I'm not sure what departments those employees were working in. I can say this, if you're in-scope and you just go to work to put in your time and collect a pay cheque then you may like working here. I don't suggest taking an out of scope role since I've seen how the amount of time managers are required to work is continuing to increase due to under-resourcing in-scope positions.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Culture, command and control management, no vision
Its a awesome to work for. I really had fun working for SASKTEL. Its one of my favorite place to work for. I will be return to that workplace in a heartbeat.
I really enjoyed working at Sasktel! Great work environment and chances to earn commissions on sales. The people are excellent to work with including the managers, who are very supportive and friendly. Working together as a team was a lot of fun, we had paid meetings, potlucks, outdoor activities and many opportunities for volunteering. Highly recommend!
Pros
The People!
Working in SaskTel wasn't work, they made me feel like a was a part of a family helping others. Working in SaskTel was very rewording! Everyone was very helpful, and everyone always gets your back! Either someone from your peers or your manager! All in all, fun place to be, working there is worth it!
Great employer with a union at your back. Lots of political bs to deal with. They offer competitive wages and a EDO every second Friday. Would recommend them to a friend.
Pros
Earned Days Off
Cons
Political bs
Great place to work with challenging opportunities. An excellent opportunity for work and life balance. People on my teams were wonderful to work with. A positive culture throughout the organization.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Capital intensive
Typical Day. Went to the office and discussed the workload with coworkers. helped cst's and ft's with there workloads and carried out my own individual assignments What I learned. The importance of customer service, how phone and internet systems work and basics of fiber optic transmission Management. all the managers were effective and helped individuals with there concerns. Workplace Culture. focused on the importance on teamwork. and worker involvement Hardest part of the job. dealing with upset customers, more specifically the general public of non customers who simply dislike sasktel. Most enjoyable part of the job. i enjoyed nearly every aspect of this job. i would gladly make it a career
I enjoyed working there. The staff is really friendly easy to get along with. I loved that there were lots of room for growth within in the company, you can make your way up.
SaskTel is a crown company that provides complete support to its employees at all time. HR constantly works to improve process while union also ensures that employees enjoy their tenure at SaskTel. Good salary, good work life balance, perfect culture at work.
From the outside SaskTel employees always look relaxed and not in a rush. This is a direct reflection of the warm and friendly culture at SaskTel. So even though employees have demanding workloads and competing priorities, we all have fun and stay ahead of the game. The management at SaskTel is very approachable and interested in all employees professional growth.
Pros
Opportunities to acquire new skills
Cons
Multiple buildings
A company that is competitive in the Telecommunications industry. I am proud to be employed and represent a successful company, such as Sasktel. Aside from the excellent products and services the company offers, it also consists of friendly people, good wages, and benefits. I have been fortunate to work in a variety of departments over the past 13 years, gaining beneficial knowledge where-ever I was. I am now looking for change, with the possibility of re-locating to an alternate province.
Pros
Discount on personal services.
Working from home office offering t.v. service to existing customers. Management was very helpful, as were co-workers. Most enjoyable was being able to work from home.
Pros
Working independently from home
Cons
Not having personal contact with co-workers
Its the best place to work, only problem is the weather. Still good people and awesome work culture.
A great job where I could learn new things everyday. Always was room for advancement. Culture and values of the company were exemplary.