Sasktel logo

Sasktel Employee Reviews in Saskatoon, SK

4.3
Work-life balance

Sasktel

Community support was incredible from SaskTelPériple and exécutives were amazing, flexible and knowledgeableCompensation packagesA bit too sales focused

Benefits

Cons

Sales focused

I loved working with my peers and Customers at SaskTel.

My time at SaskTel was filled with many opportunities to provide great service to our Customers and to learn a myriad of skills and information. It was an excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth.

Pros

Great benefits, work life balance, professional development opportunities

Cons

Little opportunity for advancement

Typical day at work

Fast paced sales environment. Need to be energetic everyday to keep up with customers and the constant changes in technology. You need to be efficient, and knowledgable.

Stats

When all that matters is stats and sales and not customers and a job well done, then you have to question what you are doing. There is no work life balance, only demands and unrealistic expectations.

productive and fun work environment

i am looking to work at a Starbucks in the near future, not to sure as to why other then the environment, and its just something that catches my interest i would also like to cook at restaurants and or serve.

Pros

fast Lerner

Cons

not zoom zoom fast

Best place I ever worked!!!

As a company Sasktel filled all my needs as far as wanting a career that paid well, looked after their employees, fully trained me as an employee, and above all created an atmosphere of dedication, caring, and advancement. I was extremely fortunate to be placed in positions of importance which challenged me but were very self rewarding. I learned so much and was blessed to have opportunities in technical training programs that were offered to me. My training course list is extensive to say the least. I don't have anything negative to say about the company--it was an absolute joy to be part of such a great organization.

Pros

Extensive training

Cons

It ended too soon!

Great Job!

I really enjoyed working at Sasktel! Great work environment and chances to earn commissions on sales. The people are excellent to work with including the managers, who are very supportive and friendly. Working together as a team was a lot of fun, we had paid meetings, potlucks, outdoor activities and many opportunities for volunteering. Highly recommend!

Pros

The People!

Fun place to work.

Working in SaskTel wasn't work, they made me feel like a was a part of a family helping others. Working in SaskTel was very rewording! Everyone was very helpful, and everyone always gets your back! Either someone from your peers or your manager! All in all, fun place to be, working there is worth it!

great company

great job with great people to work with. many perks, good balance between life and work. lots of vacation time as well as every second friday off is a bonus

Good employer

Great employer with a union at your back. Lots of political bs to deal with. They offer competitive wages and a EDO every second Friday. Would recommend them to a friend.

Pros

Earned Days Off

Cons

Political bs

SaskTel is an amazing place to work!

Lots of opportunity to grow and advance. Excellent management, fantastic benefits and pension. Company offers courses to help develop yourself, such as retirement courses.

excellent place to work!

Warm friendly work atmosphere. People and work is engaging. provide me with a sufficient amount of training to do my job. Loved it.

Pros

Warm friendly work atmosphere

Cons

Hard to get a job there, Union

Great place to work sometimes stressful

The pay was good but the job was very stressful. The company did have benefits that are better than most companies. The people are great, advancement was difficult as it is a union environment and seniority trumps ability. Expectations of employees are clear and management follows up and aides employees in improvement. I was casual part time which meant I could be scheduled from 0-35 hours per week. It can be difficult to schedule around or have other employment.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Demanding work load

Great workplace with exceptional customer service

A typical day at work involves multi-tasking every second of the day to make it productive and efficient. Day starts out with logging into 10-15 online applications, then checking emails along side logging in and catching up with any updates with work. During work you are trying to fulfill customers requests, updating accounts, taking arrangements, completing orders, educating the customer and listening to what they want and fitting the customer with the correct needs and wants. Co-workers are great always willing to lend a helping hand and management is always busy under stress of directors and motivating people to meet and exceed quotas. The hardest part of the job was to voice an opinion in a large company in inefficiencies and errors with systems. The most enjoyable part of the job was the family that I had made while working there.

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

every second is noted

Attractive store layout, comfortability to customer is a definite asset. Overall a great place, and company to work for.

A company that is competitive in the Telecommunications industry. I am proud to be employed and represent a successful company, such as Sasktel. Aside from the excellent products and services the company offers, it also consists of friendly people, good wages, and benefits. I have been fortunate to work in a variety of departments over the past 13 years, gaining beneficial knowledge where-ever I was. I am now looking for change, with the possibility of re-locating to an alternate province.

Pros

Discount on personal services.

Working from home office with chat room to be able to speak with supervisor as well as co-workers

Working from home office offering t.v. service to existing customers. Management was very helpful, as were co-workers. Most enjoyable was being able to work from home.

Pros

Working independently from home

Cons

Not having personal contact with co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sasktel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4