Sasktel Employee Reviews

Disfunctional Culture and Senior Management
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK24 February 2018
This company is definitely a crown corporation with lots of oversight and tons of micromanaging. Senior management argue and use destructive criticism to try and put down other departments but offer no advice, vision or clear outcomes that need to be achieved. The pay and benefits are great but it comes at the cost of a culture where it is hard to get support, cooperation and help from fellow employees. I notice that it is a command and control management style so if you try to suggest an alternative to your manager, director or executive you get labelled as a road block and that you can't follow directions. I've read the other reviews for SaskTel and I'm not sure what departments those employees were working in.

I can say this, if you're in-scope and you just go to work to put in your time and collect a pay cheque then you may like working here. I don't suggest taking an out of scope role since I've seen how the amount of time managers are required to work is continuing to increase due to under-resourcing in-scope positions.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Culture, command and control management, no vision
the place to work
Combination Technician (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK5 February 2018
Great pay, good people to work with, management is a bit scared to make a decision, and requires some prodding to get a decision but overall the best company in Canada to work for
Pros
Pay, benifits
Cons
poor managment
Great potential for employees
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK24 October 2017
Its a awesome to work for. I really had fun working for SASKTEL. Its one of my favorite place to work for. I will be return to that workplace in a heartbeat.
Excellent place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  North Battleford, SK16 September 2017
Fast paced and ever changing work enviroment. Would be better if they offered more fulltime positions but great for someone that is looking for a casual or part time position.
Great Job!
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 September 2017
I really enjoyed working at Sasktel! Great work environment and chances to earn commissions on sales. The people are excellent to work with including the managers, who are very supportive and friendly. Working together as a team was a lot of fun, we had paid meetings, potlucks, outdoor activities and many opportunities for volunteering. Highly recommend!
Pros
The People!
Fun place to work.
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 September 2017
Working in SaskTel wasn't work, they made me feel like a was a part of a family helping others. Working in SaskTel was very rewording!

Everyone was very helpful, and everyone always gets your back! Either someone from your peers or your manager!

All in all, fun place to be, working there is worth it!
great company
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 July 2017
great job with great people to work with. many perks, good balance between life and work. lots of vacation time as well as every second friday off is a bonus
Good employer
Trunking& Switching Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 July 2017
Great employer with a union at your back. Lots of political bs to deal with. They offer competitive wages and a EDO every second Friday. Would recommend them to a friend.
Pros
Earned Days Off
Cons
Political bs
Great work and life balance and wonderful people to work with
Manager - Telco Financial Planning (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK6 July 2017
Great place to work with challenging opportunities. An excellent opportunity for work and life balance. People on my teams were wonderful to work with. A positive culture throughout the organization.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Capital intensive
Great Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK9 June 2017
Great management and work skills.. Every one supports everyone. You can learn a lot since they have a platform where you can study from their course material also the management helps build your career which is an excellent part of being at sasktel.
Great company to work for
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK13 April 2017
Typical Day. Went to the office and discussed the workload with coworkers. helped cst's and ft's with there workloads and carried out my own individual assignments

What I learned. The importance of customer service, how phone and internet systems work and basics of fiber optic transmission

Management. all the managers were effective and helped individuals with there concerns.

Workplace Culture. focused on the importance on teamwork. and worker involvement

Hardest part of the job. dealing with upset customers, more specifically the general public of non customers who simply dislike sasktel.

Most enjoyable part of the job. i enjoyed nearly every aspect of this job. i would gladly make it a career
SaskTel is an amazing place to work!
Training Specialist, Customer Service, Assignor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 March 2017
Lots of opportunity to grow and advance. Excellent management, fantastic benefits and pension. Company offers courses to help develop yourself, such as retirement courses.
Career build
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK8 March 2017
I enjoyed working there. The staff is really friendly easy to get along with. I loved that there were lots of room for growth within in the company, you can make your way up.
SaskTel
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK3 January 2017
SaskTel is a great place to work. There are a lot of different opportunities for employees.

A day at work could be sitting at your desk programming a new phone system or being on customer site and installing the system and teaching customer all about it.

I enjoy my job quite a bit. I like the changing technology and the opportunities to try new stuff.
Benefits
Productive, Fun and Caring Work Force
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  North Battleford, SK12 July 2016
SaskTel is a crown company that provides complete support to its employees at all time. HR constantly works to improve process while union also ensures that employees enjoy their tenure at SaskTel.

Good salary, good work life balance, perfect culture at work.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Sales Rep SaskTel Store (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 June 2016
A very fast paced environment. Dealing with all types of customers. Taking bill payments, setting up new services. Selling cell phones.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Parking
Great Opportunity for work
Trunking and switching Tech (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 June 2016
Implementation support for business and customer installation on both static and dynamic networks. Managed customer and business accounts.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Productive workplace with very humble and inspiration staff
Clerical Associate (Former Employee) –  La Ronge, SK18 April 2016
Working with SaskTel was one of the best places to work with some of the greatest people. A typical day working as a Clerical was very productive but not overwhelming. They gave me many opportunities including many online courses and job-shadowing.
Pros
Self-management
Cons
Short hours
excellent place to work!
Trunking and Switching Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 April 2016
Warm friendly work atmosphere. People and work is engaging. provide me with a sufficient amount of training to do my job.

Loved it.
Pros
Warm friendly work atmosphere
Cons
Hard to get a job there, Union
Great place to work and grow!
Manager - Multimedia Communications (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK4 March 2016
SaskTel ranks among the top places I have ever worked. They are dedicated to the best customer experience in the industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sasktel. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4