Sasktel

Sasktel Employee Reviews

Canada69 reviews
Great for Benifits
I was at SaskTel for 16 years and moved within departments quit a few times. This is a great place to work if you are looking for good pay and benefits. They are very focused on sales.
Pros
Money and Benefits
Cons
Unrealistic sales goals.
I loved working with my peers and Customers at SaskTel.
My time at SaskTel was filled with many opportunities to provide great service to our Customers and to learn a myriad of skills and information. It was an excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Pros
Great benefits, work life balance, professional development opportunities
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement
Great People and environment
SaskTel is a great learning environment with exposure to many leading edge technology solutions.

It is an extremely collaborative working environment
Good growth and development
A welcoming workplace with regular meetings and project updates. Working closely with the management team on various projects and development opportunities provided to give a good work life balance. Amazing benefits provided for full time staff.
Very friendly environment to work
Was responsible for OSS/BSS planing for the entire company which included Planning, Architecting and evolving the OSS/BSS by either new COTS systems or building in-house capabilities
Challenging work
Challenging work in designing and implementing AFP printer driver, supporting CRB+ billing, porting Martens to multiple target platforms (at Sasktel International). All Cobol on various platforms, including MicroFocus.
Great place to work friendly staff outgoing family life style
Great place to work winky reason why left is of management choices and certain employees other then that loved working there lots of room to move up and great pay would love to be back there
Excellent
Great company to work for. I wish government understands that and keep it public. As compared to other peivate companies around, Sasktel is far better in terms of job security, job fulfillment, and work-life balance.
Pros
Crown corporation
Cons
Less opportunities to grow
Great people to work with
I have a very good work group. We all get along and work well together. SaskTel has great benefits and my manager allows for a great work life balance.
Productive and Excellent place to work
Opportunity to growth within the role and with the organization.
Good management flexible work hours and WFH .

The people are generally helpful and happy which makes a good work environment.
Its a solid place to work.
Its challenging work, but at times frustrating due to in effective people or layers of red tape hindering progress. The people are generally helpful and happy which makes a good work environment.
I worked there 6 years, but it only took 6 months of changes to destroy my health and drive me out
SaskTel hates its employees and wants to grind them into the dust. Low-level management in my experience was great, but anyone above that is just your standard corporate stooge who doesn't care about anyone. The jobs wants to chew you up, spit you out, and get rid of you as quickly as possible, because it's cheaper to hire noobies at the lower wage than to make the job decent for the skilled, experienced reps.
Typical day at work
Fast paced sales environment. Need to be energetic everyday to keep up with customers and the constant changes in technology.
You need to be efficient, and knowledgable.
It is very fun place to work
This is great place, co-worked and management
Very healthy work environment

I am very proud to be part of this family

Always care about your peer, specially the managers

I wish I can stay here forever but willing to move province for kids future opportunity
I loved working at SaskTel
SaskTel provided me with numerous opportunities and training to work my way up to a great career. The company also has good benefits and promotes community involvement.
Stats
When all that matters is stats and sales and not customers and a job well done, then you have to question what you are doing. There is no work life balance, only demands and unrealistic expectations.
Productive and fun work place
I personally had a good experience working there. I moved and couldn't work remote.Team and culture were amazing. Absolutely wonderful place to work at. Incredible employee benefits and workplace environment.
productive and fun work environment
i am looking to work at a Starbucks in the near future, not to sure as to why other then the environment, and its just something that catches my interest i would also like to cook at restaurants and or serve.
Pros
fast Lerner
Cons
not zoom zoom fast
good company to work for
good company to work for, good salary, good job security, fair and open, lots of good opportunity, good job culture
overall a good company to work for
Pros
good company
Cons
not the location I wanted
Poor work atmosphere
This used to be a great employer but they have really gone downhill. Demanding more and more of their employees while providing them with less and less. Great wage and benefits though and very accommodating to students but not to families.
good money and benefits
It's been a long time since I've worked here and I have no idea what it's like there now. Because of the union there, although I'm not a big fan of them, got us good wages and benefits. I didn't like sitting at a desk and I was a young mom and didn't want to leave my children at a babysitter, so I never liked being there. Although, on the whole the people there and the company were good. And although I was there for years and my children were grown, I never got over the hatred of sitting at a desk. They used to get rid of the older people by giving big payouts, you had to meet certain criteria age and work time wise, and I just missed one of those by months. Then, shortly after, they brought in the VSP, Voluntary Severance Package and I jumped at it. It wasn't the wisest choice I'd ever made money wise. I had to take my pension out to live, which didn't last too many years. So thus, I've done many things and have experience in many different areas, but no money.
Pros
good wages/benefits
Cons
sedentary life all day long at a desk
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sasktel. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4