SaskPower

SaskPower Management reviews

Canada68 reviews
They really care about the people, more about doing things properly and safely rather than having a high output, which shows the employees that they do care as company.
Back stabbing rampant. People are fake.
Typical retirement job workers.

If you're different, you don't belong.

Fake rapport.

Company has too many discriminatory cases you don't hear about.
Good for retirement job and not for young workers who are too different from the old workers who are typically reps of the

union. Don't work here if you're looking for a meaningful life.
Stressful work
Always I the back of your mi d that you will lose the job

Eventually you will lose the job unless you are related to somebody in management
Pros
Good people as peers
Cons
Too many bosses. Everything broken in some way. Triple layer management. Benefits hard to access. Some nights where lax most where heeeeell. At entry level you need have the health of 20 year old. Some SO2 sucking required.
Nice place to work. but Regina is a dead city. No social life there.

Typical day at work.

learned SAP

management - never met.
culture is decent.

hardest part of the job, - deadlines with no training

enjoyable are fridays
Pros
Nice wages
Cons
weahter sux
Working at SaskPower has been an excellent job. They help you advance your career by sending you on courses so you can train higher in the corporation. Moral within the corporation is something that needs to be worked on between management and employees.
Pros
Supported advancement.
Cons
Unionized setting. Management sometimes has issues in descision making.
the work hours were good and the salary was good.the fun part of the job was the work out one would get doing the work.I enjoyed working in the out doors.the hardest part of the job was at the end of the day when I went home.management was run professionally.
Pros
work hours were excelent
Cons
nothing
SaskPower was a good place to work with great employees. The TD bank was not exactly the best location and the building had questionable environmental controls. :-)
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Management did not seem to care
Excellent team, always willing to push the boundaries. Good mix on consultant and permanent resources. Relatively new management team looking to improve SaskPower, not only for a business standpoint but also focusing on human impact and technology
work life balance is good but upper management needs to improve, more training opportunities, slow growth, internal politics and favoritism.
The team was very committed and friendly. I could learn several mobile development techniques from them. Furthermore, it was a multicultural team, so I could learn way more them computing.
An interesting and challenging place to work, there is always opportunities to grow. I improved my job skills and honed my personal development skills
I would spend many hours working on contracts and budgets for plant overhauls and turnarounds,

The most enjoyable part of my job was the team building, I put lots of effort in building and nurturing overhauls teams, I received a lot of satisfaction mentoring and watching the team grow and become strong

As the company is a crown corporation, with the major shareholder being the government, I find myself putting in long hours and many miles on the road to attend meetings,time management is a major hurdle for this company.
That being said,I have gained very valuable experience and confidence in planning and executing overhauls for thermal generating stations
Pros
Opportunities to grow
Cons
Time management ( too many meetings and emails )
Easy work as a Facility Operator. Most days are pretty relaxed. Lots of time to study which is beneficial for advancement, however, the opportunities to move forward come slowly and take forever to go through management.
Pros
Study time
Cons
Work ethic is terrible
The Crown Corporation is a very different environment. This place is not for the extremely motivated resources. If you like to work hard and stay busy, than do not join this company.
A typical day at work went by really fast due to the heavy workload and demands of not only the public but internal staff, working well as a team to get the job was something I took pride in. I was fortunate to work with some great people that also had a good vision in the company.
Show up on time or they will ask you if you will be working extra time and when, otherwise you will not be paid
Team lead if you want to call him that is a Micro manager.

team lead knows nothing of the software he is responsible for his team to manage.

Co-workers were knowledgeable and great to work with.
Pros
Friendly place to work
Cons
micro management and they are very strict on time
Obtain relief from previous on site operators as to equipment operations and any work being done which affects us. Change for the shift, head up to the control room, check the log books, and attend safety meeting prior to shift start.

Management is very visible during the day shift, and helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable.

Toughest part of the job was dealing with weather conditions and how it affects the fuel provided to the boilers. Otherwise its a fairly smooth operation, with only the occasional problems encountered on any work site.
Pros
Kitchen in control room, canteen during day shifts, food ordering optional
Cons
stuck in the job, can advance up, but wish to go overseas
A very safety orientated company, Excellent benefits, wages there are now one of the highest.
I was trained to be a lineman by this company.

Management let their frontline employees take on more responsibility.
I worked with a great group of guys, also enjoyed training apprentices

and teaching them to respect power and always look up and identify your hazards before climbing and always keep thinking safety
Benefits
Cons
Excellent management, good work place and work condition.