SaskPower

SaskPower Employee Reviews

Friendly co-workers. Great pay. Great environment. A good challenge. Decent benefits. A good location. Ample parking. An ideal place to work. No complaints.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Poor worklife balance. The city is bustling, the company is great, the people are nuce, the teams are fantastic, the workload is okay I am satisfied with my start
Pros
Good place for stifents and new incumbents
Cons
Cabins
A nice place with good vibes. The teams are good. The people are great. The company is wonderful. The neighbourhood is fantastic. The city is glorious.
Working at SaskPower was a good work experience for me I got to learn different things everyday learned about the different jobs they had working at the hydroelectric station and also did janitorial and maintenance work.
Found a considerable satisfaction in solving complex, process and equipment issues both old and new. Enjoyed seeing co-workers learning from experiences that allowed them to become more confident and effective as each month went by. I took a lot of pride in seeing production levels and targets being met that were thought to be unattainable by supporting managerial staff.
Back stabbing rampant. People are fake. Typical retirement job workers. If you're different, you don't belong. Fake rapport. Company has too many discriminatory cases you don't hear about. Good for retirement job and not for young workers who are too different from the old workers who are typically reps of the union. Don't work here if you're looking for a meaningful life.
They really care about the people, more about doing things properly and safely rather than having a high output, which shows the employees that they do care as company.
Decent company to work for the job was enjoyable enough. Lots of time outdoors hours were good. Alot of rural driving. Some challenging tasks. Lots of repetitive tasks
Lots of travelling, learned lots and pay was good for a student job. All expenses were paid for when travelling including a living allowance, hotels, gas, and was given a company vehicle to use.
good place to work and people are competitive but things are bit slow may be because of govt organisation. I would recommend anyone to work here forlong term
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SaskPower?
Depending on who you manager is this can be a good place to work. If you get on the wrong side of some managers your chances of promotion could be limited.
Pros
Good salary and good benefits
Cons
Work culture can be depressing
Stressful work Always I the back of your mi d that you will lose the job Eventually you will lose the job unless you are related to somebody in management
Pros
Good people as peers
Cons
Awesome place to work at. From EIT I have become an Engineer. I started with the field job and then being placed in the office. Great place to learn something new.
Good work pace, typically friendly co-workers. Good benefits. Most problems can be traced back to the over reaching bureaucratic structure and policies
I enjoyed my time working at this place. There was always something to do and work on. The hardest part was sweeping the coal dust, so remember to wear your PPE.
Too many bosses. Everything broken in some way. Triple layer management. Benefits hard to access. Some nights where lax most where heeeeell. At entry level you need have the health of 20 year old. Some SO2 sucking required.
I worked at SaskPower as a summer co-op student. I really liked the working environment. It was really friendly and cooperative. More specifically I have learned to work with two new software and there were plenty of opportunities for various training and skills. I believe this was one of the great places that I have ever joined.
• Created positive and rewarding client experiences through warm and friendly customer interactions. • Increased sales 4% through training and professional presentations. • Maintained consistent visual merchandising standards to highlight product features, attract customers and boost sales. • Organized and carried out promotional events by setting up and tearing down event sites, interacting with potential customers. • Traveled to retail stores, conducted field recruiting and attended industry events resulting in 4% increase in brand awareness in 6 months.
I learnt a lot in my role as the Administrative Assistance. I helped Recruitment to call on references for jobs, Helped Recruitment with paying procurement cards and external expenses. I also helped the Return to work area with time sheets; filling in vacation, stat holidays, and return to work schedules. I also helped in the Diversity area with charts and references. SaskPower gave me a great learning experience in which I learnt a lot about Human Resources. With optimization, there was no jobs after the maternity leave.
Pros
Every 2nd Friday off. Great benefits and pension
Nice place to work. but Regina is a dead city. No social life there. Typical day at work. learned SAP management - never met. culture is decent. hardest part of the job, - deadlines with no training enjoyable are fridays
Pros
Nice wages
Cons
weahter sux
Working at SaskPower has been an excellent job. They help you advance your career by sending you on courses so you can train higher in the corporation. Moral within the corporation is something that needs to be worked on between management and employees.
Pros
Supported advancement.
Cons
Unionized setting. Management sometimes has issues in descision making.
  1. Employee reviews