SaskEnergy

SaskEnergy Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
The people working there were very easy to get along with, and to work with. The management was very good. There was also a canteen where employees could buy lunches.
It is a dysfunctional government run company. Management is weak. They are mostly lifers in SaskEnergy or have worked in other crown corporations. Had 3 people quit the same time as myself.

Hard work and intelligence was not valued. People who got the promotions were mediocre but well liked by management. It tries to be inclusive and safe environment, and relatively safe job, but a dinosaur, backward company. Definitely not for people wanting to achieve and raise the bar.
Very focused, fun and friendly environment.

I love working with that team, which is very friendly and cooperative.

I look forward to working with them in the future.
Work load typically keeps you busy all day without too much stress. You are constantly tracked via your computer, gps on vehicle, and cell phone. Management is ok but lack experience for the most part. You don't get compensated for having a plumbing or gas fitting certificate.
SaskEnergy is a great company to work for. The corporate culture is one of teamwork, accountability and innovation. Recently, there is increased commitment to training, succession planning, and leadership development. Overall, SaskEnergy attracts talented people that tend to stay.
It was a 9 to 5 job with EDOs's I Learned so much about computers. The management could be better you always have that one boss. The hardest part of the job was having to cut someones gas off because they couldn't pay. The most enjoyable part was Helping someone and they didn't know it was you that helped.
Pros
Earned Days Off, pension, benefits.
Cons
wrong management
I have loved working for SaskEnergy, I have gained a lot of experience that I believe will help me to succeed in the future. My co-workers were amazing and always happy to help.
I have been with the company for many years, It's a great place to work with many opportunities. The qualifications for entry level are minimal so it's a great place to start your career.
Pros
Training is always available and they will even help with schooling . Wage and benefits, family oriented.
Cons
Work long hours
Poor leadership from the top down - say it right, except we will not lead by example! Corporate culture is more interested in cutting budgets than making the proper investments in people and the systems required to effectively do their jobs.
Pros
nice gym
Cons
hate going to work after a while
SaskEnergy is represented by weak management and a lack of leadership. There are little to no advancement opportunities within the company and constant restructuring; however, if an opportunity does present itself, unqualified corporate puppets are often selected. The attitudes of the employees reflect years of being unsupported and belittled by management, bullied by peers, and being considered disposable by the company. In addition, the Union does not support their members and is more of a hindrance than a help. If you are looking for a company that pays well at the expense of your mental health and self-esteem, then SaskEnergy is the place to work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management and Workplace Culture
Flexible hours and family leave when requested. Opportunities for advancement with higher education. Large corporation with various job locations throughout Saskatchewan.
As a crown corp, the business should have been making the proper cuts. Instead of firing people they didn't think were necessary, maybe they shouldn't have remodeled their office.
Used to be a great place to work. But managment has made things so complicated it is no longer an enjoyable workplace. Money isn't everything. Morale is at an all time low due to managment not listening to professional field staff.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management - Micro
A typical day at work was well balanced. Nice and supportive coworkers. Good amount of team building sessions. Supervisors and managers are easy to communicate with and willing to provide the necessary help needed.
A typical day at work involves not being able to preform your daily duties properly or safely because the company will not purchase the proper tools needed. If you choose to go above and beyond with your duties you will be reprimanded as going the extra mile means you exceeded the allotted time for your work activity.

You lean that you must record everything you do at work as you are being watched and managements bonus structure is based on discipline and not performance. Managements unwritten motto is "Safety first unless it costs" and this motto results in faulty and inadequate safety equipment and dangerous vehicles that are forced on the employees to operate.

Co workers are great as they seem to band together as the union and the company have created an alliance, One that is against the staff.

The hardest part of the job is telling the customers that their serious gas leak will not have a technician on site for up to 3 hours because the company has decided to save money by not filling positions. As well you are randomly called into managements office and they compare the GPS log on your truck to that of the written log book each Tech keeps. If for any reason the 2 don't jive it's days off no matter what the reason is.

The most enjoyable part of working for SaskEnergy is the end of the day!

The company has a culture of harassment and bullying when their employees point out serious safety infractions.Your free to use the harassment policy but things will only get worse after that!

Ask any field staff and you'll get a similar review as the one you've just
 - more...
Pros
Paid dinners while on the road
Cons
Terrible managers who are motivated financially by handing out disciple for money!
Travelling all day.
Using Power tools

Management was good.

CO-workers were amazing.

Seasonal job.

Staying away from home in different hotels.
A day at work starts with logging into the system, and getting logged into internal email, and doing report desk tasks which include bill counts and data entry for bills sent out on every cycle date.

I've learned to micro-manage different tasks as my role is very diverse, as explained in my job description. Our management is very good, they are very direct with what they need done and very helpful when investigated different areas of what the role requires.

My co-wrokers are very knowledgeable and helpful with any type of scenarios that could come up. They do however can present challeneges with personality differences. But, luckily that hasn't been a strong focus of an everyday component to my day.

The hardest part of my job would be the difference of opinions as it strongly reflects as to how the day will be effected. The work can be challenging at times, but because of such great support systems we are able to move forward.

I enjoy that I have a great job and work for a great company, and that keeps me driven on an everyday basis. I like my schedule and how it works with all components to my life, makes me walk in those doors everyday.
Pros
Consistent schedule, great company, good work experience, wages
Cons
No overtime available, no flexibility
mow the large, hole-filled lawn with my own equipment, then trim the weeds in the gravel driveway either by had or with a weed trimmer.
Cons
low pay, used own equipment.