Saskatoon Tribal Council Employee Review

View all Saskatoon Tribal Council reviews

My social work experience at work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  YellowQuill First Nations14 February 2013
Since my convocation in 1996, I have been working as front line social worker in various capacities in Social Work field. My typical day includes checking my email first thing in the morning for any list of things to do. I have a brief meeting with the Staff/Supervisor/Director etc. My co-worker's are very instrumental in my job, because without them the work will not get done. We all work as a team. The touches part of my job in this field is saying "No" to some cliental's , but that's because how the "Policy" is set-up. Social worker must follow the guidlines & policy at work. I really enjoy my work as a Social Worker and feel my genuine understanding of the "client" are going through touch times; we must work together to get out of the touch times and gain self-resepect and dignity. The community leader's must strive for excellence of their people and become good role model's.
Pros
good communicator and listener.
Cons
not enough job's in some communities, thus high suicidal rate.

Other Saskatoon Tribal Council Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Water Quality Monitor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 February 2018
Book vehicle to drive out to communities on a daily basis, which can include driving up to 3 hours to reach destination. Gather necessary equipment to complete the tasks of collecting water samples.
Pros
Earned time off
Cons
Alot of traveling
Great staff
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 May 2017
Enjoyed all aspects of STC. They serve a large area around Saskatoon. Saskatchewan. The staff is very easy to work with and willing to train me so I can be of better assistance.