Saskatchewan Polytechnic

Saskatchewan Polytechnic Employee Reviews for Instructor

Enbridge Safety Culture

Enbridge provided me with a solid foundation of using safety in my everyday life. I began to use safety methods everyday and still use them when working, driving and having fun with my family

Pros

Great People

Cons

Toxic leadership

Teaching has been my life-long passion. When I first started as an instructor, I was heartened by many of the impressive-sounding policies and the various supports available to students and teachers. As time passed, I started to realize that those initial impressions were nothing but an illusion. Too many of the instructors are overworked and undersupported. I count myself as one of them. At staff meeting after staff meeting, I hear my colleagues express their legitimate concerns to school management but little to nothing has improved because of it. I've come to the conclusion that the leadership may talk a good game but are ultimately toxic. I feel that over the years the quality of the learning experience for students in my program has deteriorated because the instructors are under more stress than is necessary.

Pros

Long summer break for instructors and good benefits

Cons

Lack of support from management

Saskatchewan Polytechnic

Saskatchewan Polytechnic work culture is bad They do not believe in education for their instructors, they do not protect their workers, they do not clean their buildings

no comment

Management is disorganized with little to no foresight. The organization is full of red tape, with an ineffective training program as upper management is over educated and under advised as to the scope of program provision being delivered at the organization. Work environment differs by department, but in general, after consultation with other department staff, work environment is stressful, and management favors electronics, nursing/ health technologies/ parts management programs. I wish I had not uprooted my life for this organization. They will do everything in their power to deceive you out of fair pay and benefits. constant relationship with union representation is essential to prevent wrong doing by management and HR.

I enjoyed teaching adult extension programs at the campus.

I instructed Computer software classes to adults with no experience with computers. I then was recruited by the adult learning extension supervisor to deliver an Electricity Introduction program for company specific staff in the electrical industry.

Pros

teaching students to understand concepts & apply new knowledge to their work environments

collaboration

saskpoly always make sure that their employees are well oriented and trained before letting them out for the actual work. paid orientation days, salary is within the desired range in sasakatchewan.

Pros

paid orientation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saskatchewan Polytechnic. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement