Saskatchewan Polytechnic

Saskatchewan Polytechnic Employee Reviews

OOS Positions Too close to back door for Trigger Happy Managers

High turnover in management positions. Senior Leaders are a revolving door. The ones who stay are closed minded and not people focused. New and fresh ideas cannot be embraced and lack of emotional support . Instead these ideas are attacked by the insecure. Understaffing critical areas and failure to respond to middle management concerns around overworking staff.

Toxic leadership

Teaching has been my life-long passion. When I first started as an instructor, I was heartened by many of the impressive-sounding policies and the various supports available to students and teachers. As time passed, I started to realize that those initial impressions were nothing but an illusion. Too many of the instructors are overworked and undersupported. I count myself as one of them. At staff meeting after staff meeting, I hear my colleagues express their legitimate concerns to school management but little to nothing has improved because of it. I've come to the conclusion that the leadership may talk a good game but are ultimately toxic. I feel that over the years the quality of the learning experience for students in my program has deteriorated because the instructors are under more stress than is necessary.

Pros

Long summer break for instructors and good benefits

Cons

Lack of support from management

Not if you want to bring in change

Not a great place, full of union mindset even in uppper management . Lot of cats who want to attack and are Insecure . Lack of exposure in current employees and they are over employed . New and fresh ideas cannot be embraced and lack of emotional support .

Saskatchewan Polytechnic

Saskatchewan Polytechnic work culture is bad They do not believe in education for their instructors, they do not protect their workers, they do not clean their buildings

no comment

Management is disorganized with little to no foresight. The organization is full of red tape, with an ineffective training program as upper management is over educated and under advised as to the scope of program provision being delivered at the organization. Work environment differs by department, but in general, after consultation with other department staff, work environment is stressful, and management favors electronics, nursing/ health technologies/ parts management programs. I wish I had not uprooted my life for this organization. They will do everything in their power to deceive you out of fair pay and benefits. constant relationship with union representation is essential to prevent wrong doing by management and HR.

It is an okay place to work

I think job satisfaction varies depending on the area you are working in. Some schools/departments have a great experience. Other areas are a work in progress.

This was for a work placement through Saskatchewan Polytechnic.

This was a great place to have a work placement. I was still a student at the time, but the instructors would help give feedback when I needed it. I would recommend working here if you get the chance.

Rewarding place to work.

I enjoyed going to work everyday. The work was fulfilling and satisfying.

In my position I am able to be autonomous and provide same to my staff.

My hours of work are flexible, I seek out new learning opportunities, management has been very supportive and sees my leadership and work ethics. The organization as a whole is going through transformational changes which is exciting to me.

Pros

flexible working hours

Cons

staff

This is a school

my time in this place was in my opinion a waste of time. Things just didnt work out. nonetheless i think it did for a lot of people. anyways what would you say.

Pros

learning

Cons

expensive

Jobs at Saskatchewan Polytechnic

See more jobs

Dont take long term employees views into account

As a long term employee I felt like I should have meant more to them, but in the end I became invisible and meaningless. I learned some skills and made some friends but I would never work there again.

Pros

fitness cedntre

Cons

invisible

Great Team

You get to bring out your own personality into the mix. The people you work with are very good in communicating with people and are well understanding.

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

N/a

Very intense

The Facility is older and required more time and money than most places. 750k square footage, 400+ staff as clients the Facility lacked personal for the types of support and services needed. Every one was overwhelmed and overworked.

Pros

Standard work place

Cons

No room for advancement

Pleasant Work Environment

Great area to work in, always change keeping days exciting and challenging creating and developing new tools to help streamline workloads and create better systems for both employees and students.

Pros

Flexible work hours when needed

Cons

Hiring and Spending Freeze due to economic times

I enjoyed teaching adult extension programs at the campus.

I instructed Computer software classes to adults with no experience with computers. I then was recruited by the adult learning extension supervisor to deliver an Electricity Introduction program for company specific staff in the electrical industry.

Pros

teaching students to understand concepts & apply new knowledge to their work environments

Exciting and challenging

While fun and exciting, with ample tie for self betterment and career advancement, the system is mired down with senior staff phoning it in and not adding information to course development, or student enrichment.

Pros

lots of autonomy and training

Cons

covering for tenured employee who phones it in

Helping people reach major milestones

A typical for my position was visiting high schools across SK to educate prospective students about post-secondary options after graduation. Very fulfilling job for me. SK polytech has great benefits and a good working environment.

Pros

Freedom to create my day. Great benefits.

Cons

Multiple campuses across province which makes for inconsistency.

Great place to learn

For the most part my experience here has been great. The teachers are very knowledgeable and take interest in the students.They are always willing to assist with and problems or questions you have about the course material.

controlled environment with few opportunities for out of the box thinking

There is a considerable amount of teaching required. Work assignments were not always open for discussion. Culture was more disconnected. Vacation time was best.

Pros

2 months vacation time

Cons

long hours during the academic year

Enbridge Safety Culture

Enbridge provided me with a solid foundation of using safety in my everyday life. I began to use safety methods everyday and still use them when working, driving and having fun with my family

Pros

Great People

collaboration

saskpoly always make sure that their employees are well oriented and trained before letting them out for the actual work. paid orientation days, salary is within the desired range in sasakatchewan.

Pros

paid orientation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saskatchewan Polytechnic. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement

Compare Saskatchewan Polytechnic with

• Saskatchewan Polytechnic
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?