Saskatchewan Polytechnic

Saskatchewan Polytechnic Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews
I think job satisfaction varies depending on the area you are working in. Some schools/departments have a great experience. Other areas are a work in progress.
Not a great place, full of union mindset even in uppper management . Lot of cats who want to attack and are
Insecure . Lack of exposure in current employees and they are over employed . New and fresh ideas cannot be embraced and lack of emotional support .
Saskatchewan Polytechnic work culture is bad

They do not believe in education for their instructors, they do not protect their workers, they do not clean their buildings
Management is disorganized with little to no foresight. The organization is full of red tape, with an ineffective training program as upper management is over educated and under advised as to the scope of program provision being delivered at the organization. Work environment differs by department, but in general, after consultation with other department staff, work environment is stressful, and management favors electronics, nursing/ health technologies/ parts management programs. I wish I had not uprooted my life for this organization. They will do everything in their power to deceive you out of fair pay and benefits. constant relationship with union representation is essential to prevent wrong doing by management and HR.
This was a great place to have a work placement. I was still a student at the time, but the instructors would help give feedback when I needed it. I would recommend working here if you get the chance.
I enjoyed going to work everyday. The work was fulfilling and satisfying.
My hours of work are flexible, I seek out new learning opportunities, management has been very supportive and sees my leadership and work ethics. The organization as a whole is going through transformational changes which is exciting to me.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
staff
my time in this place was in my opinion a waste of time. Things just didnt work out. nonetheless i think it did for a lot of people. anyways what would you say.
Pros
learning
Cons
expensive
As a long term employee I felt like I should have meant more to them, but in the end I became invisible and meaningless.

I learned some skills and made some friends but I would never work there again.
Pros
fitness cedntre
Cons
invisible
You get to bring out your own personality into the mix. The people you work with are very good in communicating with people and are well understanding.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
N/a
The Facility is older and required more time and money than most places. 750k square footage, 400+ staff as clients the Facility lacked personal for the types of support and services needed. Every one was overwhelmed and overworked.
Pros
Standard work place
Cons
No room for advancement
Great area to work in, always change keeping days exciting and challenging creating and developing new tools to help streamline workloads and create better systems for both employees and students.
Pros
Flexible work hours when needed
Cons
Hiring and Spending Freeze due to economic times
I instructed Computer software classes to adults with no experience with computers. I then was recruited by the adult learning extension supervisor to deliver an Electricity Introduction program for company specific staff in the electrical industry.
Pros
teaching students to understand concepts & apply new knowledge to their work environments
While fun and exciting, with ample tie for self betterment and career advancement, the system is mired down with senior staff phoning it in and not adding information to course development, or student enrichment.
Pros
lots of autonomy and training
Cons
covering for tenured employee who phones it in
A typical for my position was visiting high schools across SK to educate prospective students about post-secondary options after graduation. Very fulfilling job for me. SK polytech has great benefits and a good working environment.
Pros
Freedom to create my day. Great benefits.
Cons
Multiple campuses across province which makes for inconsistency.
For the most part my experience here has been great. The teachers are very knowledgeable and take interest in the students.They are always willing to assist with and problems or questions you have about the course material.
There is a considerable amount of teaching required. Work assignments were not always open for discussion. Culture was more disconnected. Vacation time was best.
Pros
2 months vacation time
Cons
long hours during the academic year
Enbridge provided me with a solid foundation of using safety in my everyday life. I began to use safety methods everyday and still use them when working, driving and having fun with my family
Pros
Great People
Cons
saskpoly always make sure that their employees are well oriented and trained before letting them out for the actual work. paid orientation days, salary is within the desired range in sasakatchewan.
Pros
paid orientation
Cannot speak for entire organization, but for the Saskatoon Administrative Offices, no work/life balance despite being told that in the job interview. Morale very low. Very stressful and fast paced, often resulting in rude coworkers.
While being at Saskatchewan Polytechnical I was a student. The only work I did was improving my computer skills and any other skills I needed to work on. I enjoyed my experience and I am happy I was able to experience the oppurtunity. Worked on thinking skills in the mornings and the afternoon mostly consisted of computer skills. I also recieved another customer service certificate and strive to build my customer service skills.
Pros
building skills
Cons
not employment