Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority Employee Reviews

Great people to work around
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 June 2018
Working in the liquor stores was an eye opening experience. Discovering different liquors and wines to suggest to your friends and family is a perk of the job and a wonderful learning experience to absorb information from others and customers.
Pros
Government
Cons
Abstract hours.
Decent pay, not much else
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 June 2018
As this sinking ship of a company goes down, so too does the job security. Disappointing that this once thriving company would choose inaction against the incoming private liquor sales, thus resulting in layoffs and reduced hours for long time staff.

The job itself itself is quite menial. If employed in the actual stores, it is the usual retail activities. If employed in the head offices, it is the usual office activities.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Zero job security, poor corporate culture
Great until Privatization
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Qu'Appelle, SK1 May 2018
this was a great time of my life, i felt looked after and cared for in this environment, despite cuts due to privatization here in Saskatchewan i would still work with them had i been given the chance
No Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 March 2018
Great staff and excellent environment. There is no room for advancement in a job that constantly sees more and more cutbacks by the month. Would not recommend for a first job.
Saskatchewan liquor and gamming Autority
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK12 February 2018
I had enjoyed working here. everyone got along. a lot of lifting and putting away stock. the manager is very nice and they are fair with scheduling. I had quit there once I got my journeymen in hairstyling.
Great people, terrible moral issues though
Vice-President and CFO (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 November 2017
Stagnant organization, past President was very bad for the organization, stuck in the 1990's. Not responsive to Government direction or to the needs and investment in their employees.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
lackluster Executive Leadership
well organized company to work for
CSR & temporary mailroom coordinator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK5 November 2017
they offer paid training off site, providing you with the knowledge you need to know before entering the work place, great staff, amazing benefits package, human resources is very helpful and the management is awesome
amazing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 September 2017
good quality products to sell to people and flexible shift and hours. employees were nice and easy to deal with. not a lot of hassle. everything was managed properly
Excellent Place to work
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK28 September 2017
Nice management and work environment. Excellent place for beginners in IT field. Everyone teaches a lot and share their experiences. Overall awesome place to work for.
Good Job
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 July 2017
Very decent job, but very unreliable for hours.
absolutely no future in organization, regardless of how many hours you work.
It is all about getting a full time position, which I couldn't even acquire after 9 years.
They are currently doing all kinds of cuts.
My guess is they shut down all retail stores within a year

thanks brad wall.

Many positions, overall very pleased
Associate/Admin Support/Statistical Clerk (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK20 April 2017
I've worked all over the authority and enjoyed every challenging new position. Job security is typically a concern as it's regularly a political target, but overall it's been a great place to work.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Workload and job security
Alcoholic tastings and training
CSR / temporary mail room coordinator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 March 2017
The company provided training off site for product knowledge, tasting and proper lifting techniques.
The company pays very well for starting, offers both current and future benefits, however its very difficult for advancement with current privitization.
Great
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 March 2017
I found it to be a great place to work as a student. They really allow for a flexible schedule with a great wage. The organizational culture was great as well.
Amazing benefits and pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK31 January 2017
Amazing pay and benefits.However, there is now fewer hours. The majority of the current employees are easy to work with. There are a few bad apples that make me despise going to work.
Pros
The pay
Cons
No hours
Positive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 October 2016
I enjoyed working with the public and with my co-workers. I also enjoyed the regulars and meeting new people. I really enjoy helping people and giving them a warm welcome with a smile and the overall interaction with customers.
Pros
Dealing with the public and interacting with the public.
Cons
Dealing with intoxicated customers.
Great work environment
Liquor Inspector (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 October 2016
Ability to travel throughout Saskatchewan and meet numerous clients with diverse needs, while providing exceptional Customer Service. I was able to learn something new everyday.
Pros
Un-regulated hours
Cashier for SLGA
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK7 September 2016
Cashier at the local liquor stores

worked at the liquor warehouse as well receiving stock and shipping it out to all stores
Great Experience
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 March 2016
As a past SLGA Analyst, I worked excessively (both on the phones and in person) with internal and external clients and helped them with any IT issues they were having with their equipment (i.e. monitors, desktops, scanners, etc.). As a Service Desk Analyst, I also had to process, record and resolve any issues stated in incoming emails.
Customer Service Represenative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 January 2016
I am proficient in food and wine. Am very efficient in my work habits. I learned to sell alcoholic beverages with the greatest of ease. Selling the product is not a problem. Management needs work in handling the code of conduct amongst its employees. The typical day at work is stocking shelves, fronting product, watching for theft, work safe practises, and customer service. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing the product, and meeting the needs of the customer. Team work is vital to ensure production. I also learned responsible drinking is essential. I encourage a healthy lifestyle with all customers including staff.
Pros
Training for better service
Cons
Almost impossible to keep up with product knowledge
Great hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK8 September 2015
Got to meet new customers everyday, it's not repetitive.
Learning new things everyday such as counting tills and more knowledge on alcohol products.
Pros
Long Hours, great benefits
Cons
Full price on alcohol