Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies Employee Reviews

Very clicky place to work. You're accepted or not.
Power Engineering Instructor (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan26 July 2018
The work place culture is not an embracing environment. Different views are not encouraged or accepted. There is no is no obvious ethical culture among the management and leadership. Only those who fit survive.
Pros
Many, many cultural activities.
Cons
Some supervisors are dishonest.
Political work environment
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon15 July 2015
Co-workers are awesome, but management does not encourage or support new ideas. Work climate is tense right now with job security tied to keeping a low profile rather than job performance. I have learned a lot, but I have to avoid interacting with staff in other departments. I just do my job. Very hierarchic political organization culture.
Pros
You indirectly help students achieve success by good work
Cons
You have to watch your back with the politics
Interesting
Adult 12 Instructor (Former Employee) –  Patunauk, Sk17 December 2014
I gained skills that helped me communicate with other people, helped others to deal with life situations, such as: team work.
worked very hard in a privy to information environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, Saskatchewan24 January 2013
My typical day was to assist the Vice President of Student Services and Academics. I relied on my experience as departmental secretary at the University of Saskatchewan native studies department. When I began, the VP was recently hired also and a few months prior the President was assigned, they were in a stage of strategic planning and bringing a new look for the institute. I loved the Deans, Managers and students I worked with, the hardest part of the job was having privy information over all the campuses, staff, faculty, Deans, direction the institute was going, old practices had to be improved on so there was succession planning as well. My feelings is that overall there is a culture of devoted staff who have put many years into the institute, a good dozen staff have been there for 20-30 years and they are indigenous to this land and territory. The need to upgrade our Adult learners was also very gratifiying.
Pros
bonuses, flowers from hr, my own office with window, benefits
Cons
multitasking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies Reviews by Job Title