Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority

Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority Employee Reviews

Canada38 reviews

benefitpeoplegoodplacecompanymanagementgreatjob

Interesting meeting new people everyday at work.

My overall experience working at SIGA's Gold Horse Casino was mixed. Most days I'd feel like I was toiling away with my life, but I felt life I had no purpose there.I learned in the past year to be more open to people around me whether it be patrons or co-workers.Management was just fine.Workplace culture felt a little toxic to me.Dealing with knowing my position in the casino.Getting to talk to my co-workers and patrons.

Not what it appears to be.

It starts out very supportive but quickly changes to talking behind the back, management lying and not being supportive, their motto means nothing and hard work goes unnoticed and unappreciated.

Pros

Good pay

Insights into Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

Was an excellent experience

The management and staff were very friendly and knowledgeable and always willing to assist. Management was always available to help you learn and grow.

Pros

Friendly and knowledgeable Management

Cons

Night shifts

Management isn’t the best

The higher ups in management are really disconnected from the workers and the strict procedures have little room for late punch ins (even by a few minutes) regardless of how hard you work and how many hours in overtime you help them with.The benefits and salary are better than minimum wage but it’s also a fair drive if you’re not from Whitecap reserve. Not the worst place to work but hard to imagine long term if you want to grow in a company.

Being productive while trying to keep your eyes open.

Enjoy the slow moments because it can get sometimes overwhelming especially if you are tired. I was surprise and learn some quick napping techniques to improve my productivity within the organization. If you are not prepared to do shift work, then this place isn't for you.

Pros

Company birthday gifts

Cons

Office work was professional and organized

I loved my time while I worked here. I started as a security officer at the Northern Lights Casino and used my degree to become a Graphic Designer in their Saskatoon head office. The experience was life-changing for me and opened up new avenues with my design and first nations heritage. The people were friendly and encouraging at all levels. Although not the most fast-paced environment, SIGA is capable of trying new methods to enhance the experience of its patrons. Security is a high standard of SIGA, which makes some changes slow, but because of the structure and support, it makes it a great workplace overall to be at.

Pros

Pro First Nations, Organized, Professional, Great Salary and Benefits

Cons

Very Structured, Slow-ish Change

Fun and Kind of Tough Environment

It's a good company for a start career in hospitality industry; people are friendly, no discrimination found; the first nation culture is not easy to fit in.

Productive and fun place to work

Great Management Good colleagues Great Benefits Lovely people to work with Excellent working environment Fun place Caring Management Good place to be NOt so much room to grow

Very productive and fun place to work

Productive, fun and enjoyable place to work Caring management Job Security Friendly environment Nice people to work with Great office environment Great Place to work

Pros

Staff Welffare

Cons

Useless management and no direction

Horrible experience at Gold Horse. Management couldn’t answer questions. Supervisors had no idea what they were doing. Very unorganized and very unknowledgeable in areas they should of been familiar with. Training was a joke and in no way prepared you for your actual job. Lack of accountability by supervisors and management and most staff. General attitude was ‘let someone else deal with it I don’t know’. And huge lack of respect for their employees personal life. Expected you to put the job before your family.

Cons

Very political and indian politics can be a sight to see at times

I wasn't always given clear attention but I was able to work past this. I learned to clarify when I did not understand a question which enabled me to complete my directive accurately and timely.

Pros

I was their first Summer Student

Cons

Which made some people jealous

You'll regret it, just read the review & make your choice

For starters, the provincial government (SLGA) has its thumb on this company, and its ran like a circus. Most managers are not even close to be qualified for there positions. The front line employees are often the first to be made examples of at the managers expense just to get there point across. They don't know how to value or see hard working employees and they always seem to let the weak and dumbfounded workers slip through the cracks. Very unprofessional when it comes to dealing with conflicts in the work place. It's a who you know and not what you know situation. And if you don't get in with a "it" crowd from the start, you'll be an outcast and made fun of or ridiculed at you're expense. The smoking environment is very unhealthy, and yet they have the odasity to ask the front line staff not to wear cologne or perfume because some people are very sensitive to the smells, this one was a doozie! The other issues is the time off requests, god forbid you take time off from work or get sick! To take vacation is frowned upon. And to actually use sick leave, you pretty much have to be on you're death bed or recovering from chemotherapy. So overall, I regret giving this company 9 years of dedicated service! But if you feel like joining the circus, by all means jump through your hoops and start blowing you're balloon animals. Good riddance ✌️

Pros

The pay was what made me put up with the circus show

Cons

Meeting a lot of great front line people

productive company to work with

Productive company to work with, great health benefits, CCP, Understanding employer, go out of there way to help you, always wanting you to succeed, a very diverse work environment, the enjoyment of working with SIGA was meeting new people from different backgrounds, and the hardest was doing graveyard shifts, but once you got use to it then it was a fulfilling experience.

Pros

restuarant in the Casino

Cons

Graveyard shifts

High productivity

Intensive accounting and financial data. Reconciling general ledgers and sub-ledgers. good managers and very effective corporate structure. Staff are very friendly and helpful

Pros

Good coworkesr

Cons

long hours and sometimes working weekend to meet dead lines

good place

good place to work for, for the matter of the fact that the people are good to work for , communication is key to be successful in any job management are always busy

Pros

become a night person

Cons

night

who you know,

siga staff have nothing better to do then to talk behind each other's back and sleep with each other and do drugs. they talk about who parties with who behind each other's back pretending to be there friend a second later.

Pros

makes you think what you say to who and how to choose your words carefully. not in a good way.

Cons

always have to watch your back, and who is talking about you, always have to more then your job title.

Very positive workplace

The company treated me fairly, the coworkers I had in IT were very nice and supportive. My only regret is that I only got to work there for a short summer term.

Great Company to Work and Steady Advancement

I've worked for SIGA for a number of years and had a lot of good experiences working at three different locations - Dakota Dunes Casino in Whitecap First Nation, Gold Eagle Casino - North Battleford and Living Sky Casino - Swift Current.

Pros

Quick Advancements, Company invests in a wide variety of training and educating employees.

Cons

Shift work, Late night shifts ending at 4AM, At times very tight dead lines.

a great place to work

I worked there for over 5 years and I loved it. I left due to personal reasons with my life and if I could get that job back I would take it in a heartbeat. its a great place

Pros

staff discounts on certain meals. free shuttle service

Cons

its out of the city

It was a very Productive and process oriented environment

This company was a great place to work overall. The systems and internal processes were state of the art like their JDE modules. The leadership positions we’re a bit challenging as movement consisted of waiting fr long periods of time or having to decide to move on as a result of it. They do have good leadership training.

Pros

Good benefits, salaries and culture

Cons

Long Hours.

All about who you know

Wow ! Thought this would be a good work adventure/experience and adventure it was. Everyone talks about each other , upper management has no clue how to run each department and likes to tell everyone how to do their jobs it's all about who you know . People are in positions they are not qualified for , certain people in managerial positions only obtained It from their parents/in laws/relatives. If your not a part of the rumor mill you will be made the rumor. There are a few good employees that go above and beyond even as far as to help out with other departments how ever they are frequently weeded out which only keeps the environment toxic. This is like one big band office with a you scratch my back I'll scratch yours mentality which in translation is -you hide my mistakes I'll hide yours-. Alot of employees ride the backs of others who actually know their jobs and do them well. Staff turn over is high and alot of cut backs in staff it's always about the budget so they are frequently short staffed leading to work place injury and increased sick time. In a nut shell if you feel like working your butt off with out appreciation then join this circus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement