Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority

Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority Employee Reviews

Canada32 reviews
Fun and Kind of Tough Environment
It's a good company for a start career in hospitality industry; people are friendly, no discrimination found; the first nation culture is not easy to fit in.
Productive and fun place to work
Great Management
Good colleagues

Great Benefits

Lovely people to work with

Excellent working environment

Fun place

Caring Management

Good place to be

NOt so much room to grow
Very productive and fun place to work
Productive, fun and enjoyable place to work
Caring management

Job Security

Friendly environment

Nice people to work with

Great office environment

Great Place to work
Pros
Staff Welffare
Cons
Useless management and no direction
Horrible experience at Gold Horse. Management couldn’t answer questions. Supervisors had no idea what they were doing. Very unorganized and very unknowledgeable in areas they should of been familiar with. Training was a joke and in no way prepared you for your actual job. Lack of accountability by supervisors and management and most staff. General attitude was ‘let someone else deal with it I don’t know’.
And huge lack of respect for their employees personal life. Expected you to put the job before your family.
Cons
Very political and indian politics can be a sight to see at times
I wasn't always given clear attention but I was able to work past this. I learned to clarify when I did not understand a question which enabled me to complete my directive accurately and timely.
Pros
I was their first Summer Student
Cons
Which made some people jealous
You'll regret it, just read the review & make your choice
For starters, the provincial government (SLGA) has its thumb on this company, and its ran like a circus.

Most managers are not even close to be qualified for there positions. The front line employees are often the first to be made examples of at the managers expense just to get there point across. They don't know how to value or see hard working employees and they always seem to let the weak and dumbfounded workers slip through the cracks.

Very unprofessional when it comes to dealing with conflicts in the work place. It's a who you know and not what you know situation. And if you don't get in with a "it" crowd from the start, you'll be an outcast and made fun of or ridiculed at you're expense.

The smoking environment is very unhealthy, and yet they have the odasity to ask the front line staff not to wear cologne or perfume because some people are very sensitive to the smells, this one was a doozie!

The other issues is the time off requests, god forbid you take time off from work or get sick! To take vacation is frowned upon. And to actually use sick leave, you pretty much have to be on you're death bed or recovering from chemotherapy.

So overall, I regret giving this company 9 years of dedicated service! But if you feel like joining the circus, by all means jump through your hoops and start blowing you're balloon animals.

Good riddance ✌️
Pros
The pay was what made me put up with the circus show
Cons
Meeting a lot of great front line people
productive company to work with
Productive company to work with, great health benefits, CCP, Understanding employer, go out of there way to help you, always wanting you to succeed, a very diverse work environment, the enjoyment of working with SIGA was meeting new people from different backgrounds, and the hardest was doing graveyard shifts, but once you got use to it then it was a fulfilling experience.
Pros
restuarant in the Casino
Cons
Graveyard shifts
High productivity
Intensive accounting and financial data. Reconciling general ledgers and sub-ledgers. good managers and very effective corporate structure. Staff are very friendly and helpful
Pros
Good coworkesr
Cons
long hours and sometimes working weekend to meet dead lines
good place
good place to work for, for the matter of the fact that the people are good to work for , communication is key to be successful in any job management are always busy
Pros
become a night person
Cons
night
who you know,
siga staff have nothing better to do then to talk behind each other's back and sleep with each other and do drugs.
they talk about who parties with who behind each other's back pretending to be there friend a second later.
Pros
makes you think what you say to who and how to choose your words carefully. not in a good way.
Cons
always have to watch your back, and who is talking about you, always have to more then your job title.
Very positive workplace
The company treated me fairly, the coworkers I had in IT were very nice and supportive. My only regret is that I only got to work there for a short summer term.
Great Company to Work and Steady Advancement
I've worked for SIGA for a number of years and had a lot of good experiences working at three different locations - Dakota Dunes Casino in Whitecap First Nation, Gold Eagle Casino - North Battleford and Living Sky Casino - Swift Current.
Pros
Quick Advancements, Company invests in a wide variety of training and educating employees.
Cons
Shift work, Late night shifts ending at 4AM, At times very tight dead lines.
a great place to work
I worked there for over 5 years and I loved it. I left due to personal reasons with my life and if I could get that job back I would take it in a heartbeat. its a great place
Pros
staff discounts on certain meals. free shuttle service
Cons
its out of the city
It was a very Productive and process oriented environment
This company was a great place to work overall. The systems and internal processes were state of the art like their JDE modules. The leadership positions we’re a bit challenging as movement consisted of waiting fr long periods of time or having to decide to move on as a result of it. They do have good leadership training.
Pros
Good benefits, salaries and culture
Cons
Long Hours.
All about who you know
Wow ! Thought this would be a good work adventure/experience and adventure it was. Everyone talks about each other , upper management has no clue how to run each department and likes to tell everyone how to do their jobs it's all about who you know . People are in positions they are not qualified for , certain people in managerial positions only obtained It from their parents/in laws/relatives. If your not a part of the rumor mill you will be made the rumor. There are a few good employees that go above and beyond even as far as to help out with other departments how ever they are frequently weeded out which only keeps the environment toxic. This is like one big band office with a you scratch my back I'll scratch yours mentality which in translation is -you hide my mistakes I'll hide yours-.
Alot of employees ride the backs of others who actually know their jobs and do them well. Staff turn over is high and alot of cut backs in staff it's always about the budget so they are frequently short staffed leading to work place injury and increased sick time. In a nut shell if you feel like working your butt off with out appreciation then join this circus.
Great Values Overlooked
The organization itself is 22 years old and has great values that they base their foundation. These values are not honored. This is an organization that has cliques and if you don't fit in you are on your own. My experience is you are always under attack and you are never supported. I loved the people I worked with. The team aspect on a daily basis was great but if you are not First Nations nothing you say or do will be valued with this company. The senior leaders don't honour the Guiding Principles that this company established. They need to re-evaluate what their mission is and look at bringing new senior leaders in to the company that are progressive and value people. Human Resources is not valued......operations is what makes the money. The CEO is a fantastic person and leader but has no idea what his executive team does that he is not aware of.
No room for advancement
Some days/evenings slow
Interact with customers and coworkers alike

Management was fair

Diverse

Getting in a full shift

Meeting new people every shift
Pros
The people I worked with
Cons
Not enough hours
Ddc
Great organization to work for. Very well established policies and management. I loved drinking the coffee because they choose a good vendor. they kept things tight and fresh.
Decent, depending on department.
Management is terrible, everyone is sleeping around, very cliquey. Depending on the department, the job is really simple and relatively stress free. Benefits are slowly disappearing.
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Company is trash
productive
The work and training they offer is always on point. They do not how ever keep up with renewing them until asked or given emails from the head office which should not have too.
I have worked with this company for 10 years and I am not sure I would go back.
Pros
great friends and meeting patrons
Cons
The higher up workers as supervisors, some managers do need little bit more education on some things as i would say.
Productive and fun. event and activities for staff
This company is one of the good company in north battleford. Staff are worm and friendly,they are ready to assist and help.

The management are ready to listing to staff with their request and response to their needs. All the staff always wear smile on their faces. you don't have to be an aboriginal before you can become a staff in Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority. Our community is ready to answer.
Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority Reviews by Job Title