Saskatchewan Health Authority

Saskatchewan Health Authority Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.9Pay & benefits

Dealing with residents best part

Having adequate staffing levels would be a plus. Higher wages would also help considerably. Having a full staff every day would be great . Respect for all jobs and workers . Love the benefits and enjoy working with people . Appreciation for what we all do in these environments.

Amazing experience

my experience was really good, they are very professional with great management! Pay good, they paid overtime too, great hours!everything is perfect, I learn so many new things during this job!

Pros

gain experience

Cons

no cons

Productive and hard working easy to adapt in the work and love to learn any thing

Need more jobs and work for the people give them more chances. Increase salary and give good benifits esp this pandemic. Giving more safety education and ppe to the staff

Great Salary and Benefits

Reviewed and entered data related to all payroll and benefits related work. I learned to use a wide number of software programs, planning and organizing skills, and payroll and scheduling systems. I attained this position with no payroll experience and there was a lot to learn. Other staff were annoyed with all the questions I would ask to help me learn, but I know they were busy themselves. When asking for help from management I was made to feel like an idiot. As if to think, I had as much experience as they did. Other staff members felt the same way towards this manager / supervisor. Work culture was fast paced but most people were kind and cheerful. The hardest part of the job was how much there was to learn on your own. I enjoyed payroll and helping employees find mistakes in their pay.

Pros

Salary, benefits, solving issues

Cons

No management support, learning on your own

You feel secured when you work in Saskatchewan health authority

It’s easy to start working in food service especially if you have background in working fast food service.If you also enjoy taking care of your parents and grandparents this is a working environment that you will love seeing old people on their late ages. The Saskatchewan health authority also give right benefits for their employees like medical and insurance benefits.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Fast facing job, mostly physical

Team work is essential

I worked there for many years until we moved, the clients are awesome and treat you like family once they get to know you. There are good days and bad days, you just gotta have a good, kind caring heart to work there. It’s worth it, benefits are good as is the wage per hour. You need your own vehicle and get paid mileage per km which isn’t as high and fluctuates when the fuel prices go up or down. Like .40 cent a litre or less per km

Pros

Wages

Cons

Long hours, stressful at times, short staff and you got to take up the slack if there’s sick calls

Very satisfied

Saskatchewan health Authority was great job opportunity it was happy I’m one of the employee great salary, benefits and friendly environment that we help people

Fun place to work and productive

Really enjoyed working there, my co - workers and manager are the best they help me a lot of what I’ve become now. The only cons I can say is need more staff.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Heavy on weekends, need more staff

Good office environment but can get very busy

I believe home care is about teamwork. Many of my co-workers are great but there are 1 or 2 out of 60 that you know you don't ask for help because they will say no. Everyone is generally quite wonderful and willing to answer questions or help when asked.

Pros

Good co-workers, union benefits, if part time employee you will often reach full time hours

Cons

no current bargaining agreement with the government and our union, can be a stressful work environment depending on staff levels, priorities of tasks etc

Horrible pay, stressfull, and unsafe

Horrible pay, no raise in 4 years. Horrible work life balance... good luck having holidays and summer vacay with family unless you have 20+ yrs seniority. Youd think being in healthcare youd have good benefits but its not that great. Not all managers are suited for their roles, 2 out of the 4 managers i have had since being employed are the worst ive ever had in my entire working life. Care more about budget than staff safety, constant issues with not being paid properly. In my LTC site they seem to make their own rules rather than following provincial guidelines during a pandemic.. told to come sick instead of isolate, i guess thats what you can expect when you're so severely understaffed.

Pros

Sorry i got nothing... better than minimum wage

Cons

Pay, benefits, union, safety, managers

Jobs at Saskatchewan Health Authority

See more jobs

Great environment depending on the area you work in

Like all jobs has its good and bad and its ups and downs. Can be stressful and not all management are fit for their roles. Overall a decent place to work.

Good work place.

Good benefits and pension plan. I love my job. I also aspire to be accepted for RN program someday. I like that we're part of Union, though not a strong one, give you peace of mind that someone can help you.

Relaxed

Friendly, informative, walk about and asked what felt I could bring to the position. Offered ideas for advancement, reviewed benefits. Reviewed expectations. Reviewed line of communication.

long term employee many hats

Working for years I have seen to go from a disciplined organization to a Chaotic state. Sounds exaggerated but after over 30 years and many departments I have noticed that Management and staff Stress levels are high everywhere. Management continues to extract as much time out of staff as they can causing some departments to get their sick time up, They then punish anyone who takes sick time. Oh BTW they do not cover sick notes which you need after the 3rd day, You will absorb the 10 to 30 $ yourself , funny thing is YOU don't need then note THEY do..Management secretly encourages the staff by making key members push the others members to start 5 to 15 minutes early (no pay and not covered by WCB if you injure yourself ) and your peers will rag on you if you don't keep up. The union care less about this and is more interested collecting their dues than supporting and fighting for causes. The staff treat the union accordingly by not going to their meetings that extends back since a bad contract negotiation back in the 90s. All in all this has caused the employees to distrust management , union and staff alike . Back in the 90s upward motivation was possible and made the job nice as you could move to better jobs , But sadly around 2010 the policy stopped and there is a preference to hire from the outside. over top of internal employees. Overall I felt my job was important and the money and benefits good but do not make this place your life long career. Xmas bonus equals nothing but Xmas supper IF you work Xmas day and if you are required service you will only get every second -

Good review

Excellent management, reasonable millage pay good time to work load ratio allotted for an eight hour shift. Available vacation and sick time when needed

Excellent benefits program, available to all staff, not just line staff.

Good hospital, 12 hour shifts, fair breaks. Good benefits program post probation period, open to casual and full time staff. Staff were welcoming and friendly

Needs more staff, more management with experience

Great place to start your career. Needs more team building skills. Great benefits for health and retirement. Collaborative approach Great place to work if you like to work independently or as a team.

Pros

I love working with people

Cons

Long hours short staffed

Compared to others with more experience

I was often compared to others who have had more experience than I. The supervisor did not understand how to deal with someone with a disability and its seemed like they couldn't comprehend that people won't always match each others speed or skills. Some people need more time with more supports instead of ultimatums and judgements. I also witnessed favouritism. I also found that ergonomics wasn't as important to my supervisor. I felt like I was rushed when I was setting up the environment for my safety and well being as well as the patient. I had to lower and raise beds for my back which slowed me down a bit and was given a stern talking to regarding my speed. The supervisor was never there to witness any of the SOPs (standard of procedures) of workers including myself. What was said to her in person was how she understood things to be and instead of checking on the situations herself she based her actions on other's words. On the other hand, the job can be rewarding. Everyday I learned something about the human body and our health care system.

Pros

helping people, working on your own

Cons

Long hours, short breaks

Coworkers were awesome, management a mess

SHA is top heavy with management who do not know the day to day job their employees do. My coworkers were awesome and the pay and benefits are good. If you can get past management that is always changing and the politics of working in a government run organization it’s good...

Pros

Wage and benefit

Cons

Poor management

Productive and fun place to work

Best place to work in medical field Saskachewan Health Authority- Saskatoon Health Region. Give good benefits to employee. Freedom to choose your chosen carreer and can work independently.

Productive work place

Saskatoon Health Region is a good place to work providing job security and plenty of room for advancement. With a gym in the work place it makes that much better especially in winter time

Pros

Low gym fee for a small gym area

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saskatchewan Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement