Saskatchewan Health Authority Pay & Benefits reviews

Compared to others with more experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 June 2019
I was often compared to others who have had more experience than I. The supervisor did not understand how to deal with someone with a disability and its seemed like they couldn't comprehend that people won't always match each others speed or skills. Some people need more time with more supports instead of ultimatums and judgements. I also witnessed favouritism.
I also found that ergonomics wasn't as important to my supervisor. I felt like I was rushed when I was setting up the environment for my safety and well being as well as the patient. I had to lower and raise beds for my back which slowed me down a bit and was given a stern talking to regarding my speed. The supervisor was never there to witness any of the SOPs (standard of procedures) of workers including myself. What was said to her in person was how she understood things to be and instead of checking on the situations herself she based her actions on other's words.

On the other hand, the job can be rewarding. Everyday I learned something about the human body and our health care system.
Pros
helping people, working on your own
Cons
Long hours, short breaks
Coworkers were awesome, management a mess
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Grenfell, SK29 March 2019
SHA is top heavy with management who do not know the day to day job their employees do. My coworkers were awesome and the pay and benefits are good. If you can get past management that is always changing and the politics of working in a government run organization it’s good...
Pros
Wage and benefit
Cons
Poor management
Productive and fun place to work
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 February 2019
Best place to work in medical field Saskachewan Health Authority- Saskatoon Health Region.
Give good benefits to employee. Freedom to choose your chosen carreer and can work independently.
Productive work place
Environmental Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 January 2019
Saskatoon Health Region is a good place to work providing job security and plenty of room for advancement.
With a gym in the work place it makes that much better especially in winter time
Pros
Low gym fee for a small gym area
Productive Place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK6 December 2018
Great Job/ Life Balance
Great Benefits
Great Management
Safety First
Lots of room for improvement
Great Work Culture
Great team of people to work with
Fun and Nice to work at
Environmental Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK22 November 2018
Staff were so nice and so fun to work with. I like working there because of the benefits and the managing department listens to their staff. Complete equipments to help the staff with. their job.
Decent wages and lots of friendly people
Facilities Maintenance Operator (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 October 2018
A very friendly and fair place to work. people of all types are treated well and fairly. Parking can be tough, worse in the winter. union environment with 3 unions
Pros
benefitsand pension
Cons
tough getting permanent full time
Long term employee discarded
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 September 2018
Quick to terminate for unjust reasons. Difficult to communicate when dealing with a tough matter. Managers tend to be generally supportive of stuff and stuff are amazing.
Pros
Benefits, staff, wage
Cons
False sense of job security
Great Company!
Office Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Swift Current, SK17 June 2018
The people are friendly and nice they will also help you to grow and learn the work responsibilities well. Meeting people in the healthcare field is fun and working n the field in afast pace workplace is perfect .
Pros
lary and benefits
Cons
i cant think of any
Good job work/life balance
Power Engineer (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK3 June 2018
Average paid. union-ed environment. Good job security , but do not have too much room to advance. Home everyday, 8-12 hours/day.Hard to find parking for employee.
Increasing number of racist and discriminatory staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 August 2017
I've worked at St. Paul's Hospital on 5th Med for quite a while. I had to get out really quick. You will never feel welcome and you can only pick a few staff that are genuinely nice. The nurse educator is really intimidating. You'll be scared if you're a colored person.
Pros
High salary and nice benefits
Cons
Discrimination is rampant
Very dynamic work culture, Goals are fixed and enthusiastically pursued
Intern (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 March 2014
Worked as an intern with the Saskatoon Health Region's 'Oral Health Department'
Worked with a very dedicated team of oral health nurses doing their work diligently on the field across the health region.
Very disciplined work culture, very motivated in achieving goals.
Pros
Generic benifits working with government health organisations
Cons
No comments